Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a mortgage for the second time

Options
  • 03-10-2016 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Long story short, i have a property with my ex and we will be divorced soon and she will be taking on the mortgage herself, so i will be mortgage free early next year( and property-less too) Ill be looking to get my own mortgage on a house in the next year or so, im curious how it works now. I guess i would be considered a second time buyer, so i presuming i would need a 20% deposit, is there any other crazy stamp duties i would get hit with? How hard is it to get a mortgage on your own these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Assuming you are actually off the first mortgage (not just her paying it), you will be considered an FTB (by the state) due to the divorce. This should apply to banks.

This will let you have 10% up to the limit. Stamp duty is 1% for everyone under 1M currently.

Advertisement