Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to block websites taking money

Options
  • 03-10-2016 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hey there, recently i joined a website called mcplayz that said they were a free company to register with. After joining them they then took money from my account and are now saying that theywill charge me 50 euro every month for membership that ive tried to cancel multiple times. A few moments ago i have found that this website is not safe and may be fraud. I have tried to get into contact with the agents of mcplayz but they are not answering emails or phones and i am unable to cancel online no matter how much i click the cancellation button. Is there any way that i can block this company from taking any more money from my account as i am a new college student and money is hard to come by.
    thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

ruthskehan wrote: »
    hey there, recently i joined a website called mcplayz that said they were a free company to register with. After joining them they then took money from my account and are now saying that theywill charge me 50 euro every month for membership that ive tried to cancel multiple times. A few moments ago i have found that this website is not safe and may be fraud. I have tried to get into contact with the agents of mcplayz but they are not answering emails or phones and i am unable to cancel online no matter how much i click the cancellation button. Is there any way that i can block this company from taking any more money from my account as i am a new college student and money is hard to come by.
    thanks in advance for the help.
    Good afternoon ruthskehan,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If you feel you have disclosed your card details to a fraudulent website, we would advise you to have the card cancelled and report the fraudulent activity. Please contact BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement