Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When will they go back too normal with Roman and not have all the love ins with brother Seth every week ??

Think we will see the 2 on separate brands after mania with Rollins and the universal title going too SD and whoever has the were title going too Raw

The Universal title won't be going too Smackdown. It's a Raw title, down to the strap.

If anything, Roman will start back slow, and ultimately, end up feuding with Seth for that title somewhere towards Summerslam time. Que a heel turn for one or the other, or maybe it'll be a face vs face situation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Ive rewatched some of the recent segments with ronda/charlotte/becky.. to be honest, Im finding Becky a bit tiresome on tv now. I think she's awesome on twitter and arguably, her stuff on social media has played the biggest roe in where she is and fair play to her. but I find a lot of her promos in ring etc a bit lame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Im finding Becky a bit tiresome on tv now. I think she's awesome on twitter and arguably, her stuff on social media has played the biggest roe in where she is and fair play to her. but I find a lot of her promos in ring etc a bit lame

Couldn't disagree any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Omackeral wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree any more.

As for the content, that's a matter of opinion. But for actually promoting the match loads and using social media effectively, she definitely is great at that.

It's something someone like Rollins could do to try to fill the hole that Lesnar leaves when he's never on TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TimesArrow wrote:
    Ive rewatched some of the recent segments with ronda/charlotte/becky.. to be honest, Im finding Becky a bit tiresome on tv now. I think she's awesome on twitter and arguably, her stuff on social media has played the biggest roe in where she is and fair play to her. but I find a lot of her promos in ring etc a bit lame

It's like anything that's popular though I think, they drag the arse out of it and make it unbearable.

As soon as the authority gets involved you just know it's gonna go downhill. Happens every single time.

It doesn't help any of them that the storyline is an absolute mess at the moment with motivations for all bar I guess Becky unclear.

Why did Ronda give up her title only to return and beat the holy sh1t out of Becky who she wanted in the match with her just last week for example.

Why is Becky still walking around on a crutch is another.

Why is Charlotte giving the same lame mundane promo every week and giving it stupid socks with the pointing to the sign.

They're all guilty of looking foolish due to the crazy direction the story has taken. And it's because they didn't relax themselves and shot their load the night after the Rumble, two months away from Mania.

The match will still happen and will likely be excellent but at this point the shine has well and truly wiped off it due to stupid booking decisions as usual.

Shelton Benjamin thrust into relevance out of nowhere. Still a shame they took away his old theme music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shelton Benjamin vs Seth opening RAW is a bit of a cracker so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feck forgot it's a 12 start

What happened so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

FFS... did ya just hear Cole almost break the WWE speak code and say he was in "hospital" for 3 days before pausing awkwardly, panicking and changing it to "seeking medical assistance for 3 days"

Isn't the 11th Aug a bit early for summerslam

• Advertisement

Balor vs Lashley is turning into Sheamus vs Orton.

What was that thing the McMahons all said a few weeks ago we’d get new matches etc etc.

Balor vs Lashley is turning into Sheamus vs Orton.

What was that thing the McMahons all said a few weeks ago we’d get new matches etc etc.

They said we, the fans, are the new Authority.

If that's case then we should be sacked.

Finn drops the IC title

Hope he wins it's back at mania

Awesome promo by Ronda.

Ronda owned that segment.

"Anyone who believes in this carny charade is a joke."

Suffering Jesus....

Miss Bliss the host of Wrestlemania

I guess her wrestling days are done.

How... exciting.... :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Alexa must be up there as one of the best females ever on the mic, she's great

• Advertisement

Poor Braun thrown into a mania programme with 2 non wrestlers

Big Dave & HHH with the worst match building promo ever.

gimmie gimmie gimme what I want

Looks like that's all from Dave until Mania :/

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

what is happening here with roman??

"i just have a little headache..."

There is Ambrose’s farewell match I’m guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    what is happening here with roman??

"i just have a little headache..."

Concussion that leads to.... a heel turn :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They'd want to be careful or the fans will be cheering Ronda before Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Poor Braun thrown into a mania programme with 2 non wrestlers

Couldn't be any worse than girly faced Nicholas last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Couldn't be any worse than girly faced Nicholas last year

Big nick is so getting invovled in this

i love big dave batista so much

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I thought the back and forth between the two experienced former Evolution members was ridiculous. It sounded like two 5 year olds arguing with each other. I got embarrassed watching it, with the missus beside me. (and she's seen me put up with some really bad acting and performing over the years). When she commented that it was bad, it is bad. As she is the Bill payer at home, I have to to justify paying for sky sports and that promo ain't helping me.

I know its being a few years since batista promo'd on a weekly basis, but the guy is a big actor these days. There was no reason for the childish carry on last night.

I know this is going to be unpopular, but I could do without this match at mania. Give me rey v andrade 19 on that show instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dusty bin wrote: »
    I thought the back and forth between the two experienced former Evolution members was ridiculous. It sounded like two 5 year olds arguing with each other. I got embarrassed watching it, with the missus beside me. (and she's seen me put up with some really bad acting and performing over the years). When she commented that it was bad, it is bad. As she is the Bill payer at home, I have to to justify paying for sky sports and that promo ain't helping me.

I know its being a few years since batista promo'd on a weekly basis, but the guy is a big actor these days. There was no reason for the childish carry on last night.

I know this is going to be unpopular, but I could do without this match at mania. Give me rey v andrade 19 on that show instead.

HHH at Mania is like Bob Geldof at musical charity events. Just can't help himself from getting up and singing I Don't Like Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I know the seeds were sown back at smackdown 1000, but that 'i know you are but what am i' sh1te that was going on last night, killed it for me. Just not interested in it.

If triple h is like bob geldof at charity events then Shane McMahon is like Noddy Holder. Rolled out once a year at christmas to sing the same poxy song and then put back in the box for another year. For Christmas read Wrestlemania and for Song see 'Death Defying jump from a ridiculous height'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kurt Angle is retiring at Mania but I think people are more relieved than anything else about it. Fact nobody brought it up is kinda sad but says a lot.
    Not many audibly cared about McIntyre beating down Reigns; to me Drew is bland on bland as a character.
    Yawn Strowman destroying a car was probably more effort than it was worth.
    Don't get what the Rousey stuff is going for; if your shooting try not use phrases like desecrating place of worship or grandest stage of them all.
    Batista/HHH having a slow mo No DQ match that'll probably last way too long as per usual with HHH does nothing for me. Although the back of HHH's head kinda resembles Thanos' chin.
    Is Bliss a heel again? was she a face? Does WrestleMania need a host?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Looks like it was a bit lacklustre.

Been really struggling to get into Raw recently. Too long, too sh!te.

For Angle; im betting its Cena for last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

xpletiv wrote: »
    Looks like it was a bit lacklustre.

Been really struggling to get into Raw recently. Too long, too sh!te.

For Angle; im betting its Cena for last match.

Cena is facing Joe apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What happened with Alexa Bliss? How she is not wrestling anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Floppybits wrote: »
    What happened with Alexa Bliss? How she is not wrestling anymore?

Probably because she has no interest combined with one too many injuries. I'd say she's delighted with her role now.

Cagematch says she's wrestling on house shows so presumably she's over the injuries. I think they just have nothing for her until the title is back in play so until then it's promos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So are we looking at Beth/Nattie vs Tamina/Nia for Mania? And by "looking at", I mean ignoring. I hope they don't take up a slot on the main show. Or the preshow. They can be the warmup match before the preshow.
    If she hadn't been introduced and wearing her gear, I don't think I would've recognised Dana. She seems leaner but also her face seems different.

Can't blame Braun for destroying the car. It was clearly shoddy workmanship with how easily it came apart.

If Alexa is hosting, what are those SNL guys doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cagematch says she's wrestling on house shows so presumably she's over the injuries. I think they just have nothing for her until the title is back in play so until then it's promos.

Her strengths have always been outside of the actual in ring competition anyway. She could/can hold her own for the most part, especially when in with someone more experienced than her but she’s a very good talker and obviously gorgeous as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Whoever was dealing with the microphones really had their work cut out wringing the spit out of Batista's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ronda sounds like a child speaking a memorized script. She has no idea how to pace her words.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So are we looking at Beth/Nattie vs Tamina/Nia for Mania? And by "looking at", I mean ignoring. I hope they don't take up a slot on the main show. Or the preshow. They can be the warmup match before the preshow.
    If she hadn't been introduced and wearing her gear, I don't think I would've recognised Dana. She seems leaner but also her face seems different.

Can't blame Braun for destroying the car. It was clearly shoddy workmanship with how easily it came apart.

If Alexa is hosting, what are those SNL guys doing?

i think you add in sasha/bayley and thats the tag title match for mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Adiboo wrote: »
    Ronda sounds like a child speaking a memorized script. She has no idea how to pace her words.

she's horrendous. takes me completely out of the promo every time she speaks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've lost all interest in the Ronda/Becky/Charlotte stuff. It's been handled terribly.

I'm all in on Kofi VS DB main eventing Mania now. It's ten times the story that they have created between the women.

Now it won't happen, but that's how I feel now tbh

i seen this been shared around a few weeks ago she had apraxia as a kid explains they way she talks a bit

https://www.raredr.com/news/ronda-rousey-verbal-apraxia

Brock opening.

Finn vs Lashley again.

Brock opening.

Finn vs Lashley again.

Prob scary the amount Brock got paid for that appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

hopefully not more ads,dont mind if pic in pic but terrible if they have pic in pic ads, then full segments of them ggguurr

• Advertisement

I saw somewhere today that the last time Brock wrestled on RAW was in 2002.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement