Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

No way Jose and his conga line are going to end up exactly the same as Adam Rose and his rosebuds. They are already as irritating they just need to be released now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing hell Baron Corbin vs Angle at mania

Underwhelming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kurt picks Corbin for WM wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Literally nobody wants to see that match. UGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It’s sad seeing Kurt like this he just can’t go anymore his body is so broken down.

Gable looks like he is trying not to hurt or make a show of Kurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sad that Angle's final match is designed to get heat for the absolute waste of space.

Now his Mania match will be relegated to a piss break for most.

Corbin heat is X-pac heat x100

He doesn't get boos, he gets groans.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Glanced at Twitter and when I saw Angle is facing Corbin I honestly thought it was a joke. Had to double check it was the official wwe account

surely they can't be that off the mark to go ahead with this match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

everyone walk away or something LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They’ve basically been building this Corbin/angle match for weeks but still doesn’t negate how underwhelming it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Corbin, hahahaha oh wow. This is shaping up to be the most uninteresting Mania in years. Thankfully in 2019 there are genuine alternatives, this is so bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s also painfully obvious that the reason the likes of Gable and Crewa are being brought into the sty is to give Kurt’s match bells and whistles to distract the fact he can’t go anymore. Gable vs Angle was a dream match and I was grinning when I realized we were getting it. And it was so bloody depressin to watch.

Now imagine what someone who can’t work as well as Gable will be like.

The line “and then their Mania opponent’s music hits and they get distracted....” seemed copy/pasted into the script multiple times.

And Charlotte becomes More and more obsolete to the women’s story every passing show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Corbin, hahahaha oh wow. This is shaping up to be the most uninteresting Mania in years. Thankfully in 2019 there are genuine alternatives, this is so bad.

Yea it's looking pretty terrible. I'm meant to be going to Buskers for it but I don't think I'll bother my arse now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

While its very underwhelming that Corbin is Angles last opponent, realistically he's the perfect opponent, i'd love to see him wrestle Joe, Styles, or Bryan, but the fact is he cant anymore, even looking at him from last years mania to now is like a different person.

A match v Corbin should be seen as what it is, a perfect send off to one of the best ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've a feeling that Corbin will get swatted away by Cena mid entrance or something. Cena will come down to challenge. The 2 have a match, que Corbin running in, the 2 lads wailing the shyte out of him before raising each other's hands to send the crowd home happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

While its very underwhelming that Corbin is Angles last opponent, realistically he's the perfect opponent, i'd love to see him wrestle Joe, Styles, or Bryan, but the fact is he cant anymore, even looking at him from last years mania to now is like a different person.

A match v Corbin should be seen as what it is, a perfect send off to one of the best ever

Apparently corbin won't be his actual opponent according to a few wrestling sites this morning there'll be some Swerve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Surely his "son" Jason Jordan screws Corbin and that's angles last match
    Terrible for angle but I see the WWE logic in it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/swiftfades_/status/1107811787917778944

This looks so stupid for the live audience and is equally annoying for those watching at home.

• Advertisement

The camera work in WWE is atrocious. The shaking and zooming on impact wrecks my head.

Don't even get me started on "brawl-cam."

J. Marston wrote: »
    The camera work in WWE is atrocious. The shaking and zooming on impact wrecks my head.

Don't even get me started on "brawl-cam."

was it always this bad ive only really noticed in the last 5 or 6 years or has it been a steep declining curve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so much wrong with this show.

for HHH/Dave, as usual, they used their best angle in the first week and now they're having to drag this fúck out of everything now until I just don't want to see the match.

the camera work on Seth beating up Drew? Fúck off. More proof of how much you fúcking hate your audience. Any producer with a semblance of cop on would've stopped that jerking wery years ago.

even I'm bored with the Heyman/Brock schtick now. and I love me some Heyman.

and Seth losing? fúck right the fúck off. just fúck you. i don't care that it was by interference, or even better, the classic 'distraction with intro music' bollocks, but why don't you just have Seth beat people until Wrestlemania? is it that fúcking hard to have Brock, who beats people...have Seth beat a lot of people...then have them fight?

apparently so.

Charlotte, as I've always maintained, is a fúcking vaccuum. Nothingness personified. i couldn't care less. X-Pac heat with me. always has been and always will be.

the ones booking this crap are fúcking useless at their jobs.

Rollins getting beaten so close to the Mania event is an awful decision. Same with Corbin getting beaten by Apollo Crews of all people. Nobody wants to see him in Angles last match, but you's made the choice so at least try and build him up a bit. Worst road to Mania in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rollins getting beaten so close to the Mania event is an awful decision. Same with Corbin getting beaten by Apollo Crews of all people.

Think they might want to do the Rollins-McIntyre match for the title post Mania. Don't know if they'll pull the trigger on Rollins on the night though. Vince loves Lesnar even though his act is dated, his matches are erratic and I genuinely feel whoever beats him will be no bigger for it.
    Corbin-Angle could end up either way; a short squash win for Kurt or replace Baron with someone like Cena. I can see it being Corbin for no other reason other than it would sum up Kurt's return to WWE not what you at all expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rollins losing to McIntyre is WWE's usual thing of getting everything out of someone before giving them the win to push them

Look at Ryback and AJ Styles losing at WM 29 and 32 respectively, only to become number 1 contender the next night

Why fully get behind someone when you can sort of get behind everyone

Even if Cena does come down and take out Corbin leading to a match with Angle or a celebration in the ring... it's still an awful storyline. Kurt Angles last match and this is the best that they can come up with? On a Mania already mostly devoid of any well written storylines? Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dana looked like a puppet with her lips in her backstage interview.
    I know the women want the same treatment as the men get, so can they please treat the tag division the same and not devote so much time?

So Strowman has entered the Battle Royal. Yay? Maye Mojo makes his in ring return then.

I know they have to make Angles look like he could win at Mania, but considering part of the retirement story was that he kept losing, why have Gable and Crews lose to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Angle can barely put his hands up over his head anymore. Poor bloke will be crippled in 10 years.

Loved the Ronda/Travis segment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Nal wrote: »
    Angle can barely put his hands up over his head anymore. Poor bloke will be crippled in 10 years.

Loved the Ronda/Travis segment.

Aye, that shot Travis hit the security dude with looked stiff as fook, looked like an elbow.

The security guide sold it like a champ, he looked legit knocked out :pac:

Rollins losing to McIntyre is WWE's usual thing of getting everything out of someone before giving them the win to push them

Tbh, I think it's more that it's Roman vs Drew at Mania, and we're back to having everything be about making Roman look as good as possible.

No way does Roman lose to Drew. So they build Drew up as a monster, even at Seth's expense, so Roman looks amazing when he wins.

I've a weird feeling that McIntyre will go over at Mania. A loss wouldn't hurt Roman at this stage of his return and but a win could do wonders for Drew. He's already a better monster heel than what they've had in years.

How do you have the lad make a triumphant return from cancer only to lose at Mania?

Id put money on Drew losing to Roman but becoming the number 1 contender to Seth the next night, its the WWE way

I think it's the right thing to do. Drew took out Ambrose, have him take out Roman and then you have him as the Shield Killer looking to take out Seth. He should look like a massive threat.

Roman will have the crowd's sympathy for a long time now, a loss won't hurt him.

J. Marston wrote: »
    MRoman will have the crowd's sympathy for a long time now/quote]

Thats why he’ll get the win on the big stage, and will be champ post Summerslam

Drew can be the big baddie for a while, but the big dog will be on top shortly after

• Advertisement

How do you have the lad make a triumphant return from cancer only to lose at Mania?

Id put money on Drew losing to Roman but becoming the number 1 contender to Seth the next night, its the WWE way

Nah, here's my one.

Brock beats Seth (you're already getting two crowd pleasers via Kofi and Becky).

Next night on Raw, Brock drops the title, either to Drew or to Roman.

Don't know about that. You're expecting a couple of crazy things there - Brock having a match 2 nights in a row, when he doesn't even have 1 a month and him losing on Raw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sees the idea of Brock wrestling 2 nights in a row.

Y18LzOV.gif?noredirect

:pac:

I've a weird feeling that McIntyre will go over at Mania. A loss wouldn't hurt Roman at this stage of his return and but a win could do wonders for Drew. He's already a better monster heel than what they've had in years.

no chance in hell Roman loses.

Vince's guys don't lose in a scenario where they're back after a layoff and the fans are sympathetic. Do you remember HHH's return in 2002? Steamrolled fúcking everyone. It didn't matter who.

Lord TSC has it absolutely on the money. Drew is being built, at Brock's Wrestlemania opponent's expense no less, in order to get Roman over even further. that's basically been Roman's gimmick for forever - have his contemporaries lose to people, and have Roman overcome them.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nah, here's my one.

Brock beats Seth (you're already getting two crowd pleasers via Kofi and Becky).

Next night on Raw, Brock drops the title, either to Drew or to Roman.

i don't think Kofi wins.

Big E, Woods or both turn on Kofi for more heel heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Some contract Lesnar has. He only wrestled 8 matches in 2018. Usually wrestles a couple in the Mania run in but not this year. Looks like hes off to UFC in the summer anyway for a big payday with Cormier.

SlickRic wrote: »
    no chance in hell Roman loses.

Vince's guys don't lose in a scenario where they're back after a layoff and the fans are sympathetic. Do you remember HHH's return in 2002? Steamrolled fúcking everyone. It didn't matter who.

Lord TSC has it absolutely on the money. Drew is being built, at Brock's Wrestlemania opponent's expense no less, in order to get Roman over even further. that's basically been Roman's gimmick for forever - have his contemporaries lose to people, and have Roman overcome them.

yep its been wwe/vinces way of booking since Hogan.

Everyone is scarfarcied for there top guy doesnt matter who it is be it Hogan, Cena or Roman

Ah lads, it's not completely out of the realms of possibility is it. Cruel fate has given them a second chance to start again with Roman. It's not going to do him any favours to go over Drew so soon after recovering from cancer. If they were smart Drew going over at Mania could be the start of a great feud that will ultimately end with people going nuts for Roman when he does beat him eventually.

Or maybe I'm given Vinnie too much credit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah lads, it's not completely out of the realms of possibility is it. Cruel fate has given them a second chance to start again with Roman. It's not going to do him any favours to go over Drew so soon after recovering from cancer. If they were smart Drew going over at Mania could be the start of a great feud that will ultimately end with people going nuts for Roman when he does beat him eventually.

Or maybe I'm given Vinnie too much credit.

Yep you are giving Vince way too much credit. Superman punch and spear and Roman wins lol.

I have no doubt Roman will be champion again before Summerslam is over with most likely a Rollins heel turn coming months before that.

Honestly why would you do any other result than a Roman win. He’s just came back from cancer that’s a mania moment

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly why would you do any other result than a Roman win. He’s just came back from cancer that’s a mania moment

That's why it's a pity he's being paired with Drew, let him beat up Corbin who gives a crap about him

I really think they'll have Drew lose a competitive match to Roman before going on to become the number 1 contender to Rollins the next night and face him for a PPV or 3

That's why it's a pity he's being paired with Drew, let him beat up Corbin who gives a crap about him

I really think they'll have Drew lose a competitive match to Roman before going on to become the number 1 contender to Rollins the next night and face him for a PPV or 3

I more fear Brock retains and we get Brock and Roman again

sky88 wrote: »
    I more fear Brock retains and we get Brock and Roman again

I'm not even contemplating that awfulness, Rollins actually conquering the beast is even a bit drab to me now, I just want to see the title move on and actually be used in the next few months

At least two of Kofi, Becky and Seth are going to be big crowd-pleasing wins. There will have to be a sickener or two before that and to build future feuds. Plus they need to establish a big heel on Raw and it can't be the absolute scutter that is Corbin.

The biggest heel will be Curt Hawkins after he discovers the extremes he has to go to in order to win a match. Then Ryder will be the one to try and stop him. It will be their attempt to recreate the Kofi thing on Raw.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement