Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly why would you do any other result than a Roman win. He’s just came back from cancer that’s a mania moment

Because in doing that you're destroying another superstar. If they want to do that with Roman that's grand, throw him in there with Wyatt or someone else.

But to throw him in there with a physical specimen like Drew......well, they're all about blurring the lines these days. How can anyone legitimately believe someone who is surely not close to 100% defeats a behemoth who is at his physical peak? It's absolutely ludicrous and short term booking as usual.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Joe vs Angle announced for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That is great, as is tomorrow against AJ, seen both matches numerous times though, give us Angle vs Balor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Angle going to beat both of those guys the same way he beat Crews and Gable?

This is the last week of it being an hour early with our time changing this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Joe vs Angle announced for tonight

My favourite match from 2008 was their match at Lockdown. Sad now as both are way past that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ERG89 wrote: »
    My favourite match from 2008 was their match at Lockdown. Sad now as both are way past that level now.

Was that the one billed as like an MMA hybrid match or something along those lines? Or maybe just treated like it

Their trio of matches when Kurt joined TNA are among the best matches ever imo, was just fantastic wrestling at TNA's peak

Kurt's debut when he headbutted and Angle Slammed Joe, only to then grab the title and we then see Joe behind him like this was a perfectly captured moment, peak Joe and peak wrestling machine Kurt the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ronda is a woeful heel

Goes around with a big moody head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

first time seeing a "time to beat" for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not a fan of Becky's new attire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finn vs Lashley yet again and if finn wins we get it again at mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This all leading to a Flair being crowned champion in the main event of WM as Vince always planned.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ronda is a woeful heel

Goes around with a big moody head

Ripping off Aleister Black's gimmick

This all leading to a Flair being crowned champion in the main event of WM as Vince always planned.

They're doing that thing where they make someone look super-weak before boom, title win. Also, heat is king these days.

LOL Kurt and Joe have never faced each other LOL

From Twitter

Fastest victories in a @WWE #BeatTheClock Match:

- @KaneWWE def. The Heart Throbs in 0:28 in 2005

- Super Crazy def. Mr. Kennedy in 0:39 in 2007

- @BeckyLynchWWE def. @YaOnlyLivvOnce in 1:18 tonight on #Raw

- Daivari def. @RealKurtAngle in 1:20 in 2005

• Advertisement

Vince is really taking the p1ss out of fans having the same matches every week now after the whole McMahon family said we were in for a new fresh era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Literally nobody wants to see Balor vs Lashley at Mania. No chemistry between them at all. Rubbish booking

The Revival are just nothing. No gimmick, no character, no look, nothing.

I guess a Demon Squash match is on the cards anyway with Balor. Which wont be so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're doing that thing where they make someone look super-weak before boom, title win. Also, heat is king these days.

Don’t know about that actually. Meltzer was saying Becky is the corporate fave these days (has her own shampoo tv ad now for example) and there was a separate report during the week that she’s their top merch seller at the moment. These things get rewarded. That’s aside from them having been building to the moment for months in their usual clumsy manner.

• Advertisement

Braun and those two goons arguing and getting put in the Andre battle royal
    A Beat the Clock Challenge that gave no advantage or prize to the winner and treats the Riott Squad as total jobbers. And announce a 6 way tag with partners who don't get along for next week, original!
    Tag champions losing clean as a whistle
    US champion losing clean as a whistle
    Nia/Tamina/Natalya

Another great episode of Raw :rolleyes: Hopefully this Mania turns out to be decent in-ring because the build up feels like the most phoned in it's been for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What a rubbish show, a pointless beat the clock challenge, pointless triple h promo, pointless strowman angle, tag champs have never mattered less in this company, and then we have Kurt Angle, why is this guy gonna retire at mania, sure hes on a winning streak, he's just beat samoa joe, the us champion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Rollins is such a fúcking nerdy face, in my opinion. Kofi is how you do a face that everyone can get behind, that you really root for.

Rollins and his "Gee guys, we're all in this together" crap is so pandering and weak. I want Lesnar to maul a wimp like that, not get beat by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Thinks it's going to be the worst mania of all time after that Raw.

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Thinks it's going to be the worst mania of all time after that Raw.

Thankful for the G1 supercard and NXT that weekend or there wouldn't be much to get excited about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i still think itll be fun mania however bad the build up has been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Sure McGregor will be there
    He'll liven the whole thing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Its pretty much gonna be a next day viewing for me with the fast forward button working overtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The last time I was this underwhelmed this close to mania was the year I was going (WM31), and that ended up being the best one in years but at the moment I'm feeling it's a "watch it the next day" PPV for me.

• Advertisement

It's so bloody long as well

13 matches according to wikipedia, with the WWE title still to come

A good tight 4 hour Mania I can deal with, this near 8 hour crap including the pre show of the last 2 years would want to go away fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's so bloody long as well

13 matches according to wikipedia, with the WWE title still to come

A good tight 4 hour Mania I can deal with, this near 8 hour crap including the pre show of the last 2 years would want to go away fast

i think a good few of the matches will be short finn squashing bobby, kurt/ cena (yea corbin not happening) and few others that will be around the 10 minute match

sky88 wrote: »
    i think a good few of the matches will be short finn squashing bobby, kurt/ cena (yea corbin not happening) and few others that will be around the 10 minute match

Then you include the 2-5 minute recap and promo videos that every match will have, the long entrances for the likes of HHH, the bits where they us Wrestlemania weekend in the area, the hall of fame stuff

It's gonna be an absolute slog

The only way it would be worth it is if matches like those you named weren't the typical WWE matches and had a bit more pace to them, if HHH vs Batista was to follow the Brock vs Goldberg formula of a series of power moves then it would be good but it won't be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

14 matches last year was an absolute slog.

At the moment, we have 13 confirmed matches by my count but that doesn't include. Either tag belts or the WWE title.
    So we could have 16 matches and if they add a Womens Battle Royal then we're at 17.

Not including any segments, including presumably an Elias concert to be interrupted. Cena/Undertaker?

There'll have to be a fair few squashes and there should be more stipulations to mix things up a bit, match order here could really kill the crowd. Cause right now this looks like a real drag, good matches but that is long.

I've never got behind the idea of a 2 day Wrestlemania, that's just madness imo

Quite a few of these matches could incorporated into the old MITB formula, Kurt's last match, Shane vs Miz, Lashley vs Balor, Roman vs Drew

None of those matches are highly anticipated, and are the ones that will turn it into a slog, we've seen rivalries in MITB matches at Mania before when it wasn't such a long card

So the women's tag match is officially
    WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs. The IIconics vs. Nia Jax & Tamina (Fatal 4-Way Match)
    https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/wrestlemania-35/sasha-banks-bayley-beth-phoenix-natalya-iiconics-nia-jax-tamina

And as for the 6 woman tag next week, how can they co-exist?

Well, would you look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Well, would you look at that.

spot on. although, at least it wasnt the raw belt after the end of wm, meaning beckys chances got brighter.

The go home RAW after John Oliver's piece last night and April fools day God help us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Steph is appearing to make an announcement about the WrestleMania main event, herself as special ref or both titles up for grabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Steph is appearing to make an announcement about the WrestleMania main event, herself as special ref or both titles up for grabs?

A man can dream one day it will be this

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I had a nightmare the other night, Stephanie was on commentary for the main event at Mania....

Please God if there is a God, don't have me awake until silly o'clock to listen to that!

She was there for the first women's Royal Rumble. She'll be out there in some capacity for this, probably to present the winner with the belts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Started watching the start of the attitude era on a weekly basis, can't deal with this crap anymore

Unified womens title match so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Blah. I expected that announcement. And it'll be great BUT....

This booking was so simple if they hadn't acted the bollocks with it.

Hold off on Beckster calling out Rousey.
    Have Charlotte beat Asuka at Elimination Chamber.

The next night Becky challenges both to a triple threat.

Game set and match. But noooooo we had to have limping Becky, and Stone Cold Steve Becky, and heel Ronda, and Charlotte Reigns.

So frustrating if this was their plan all along.

Surely Brock should have just opened Raw for the pop and not Steph with her woeful entrance music

I hope I never see Heyman again after Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So the guy we're supposed to cheer is a cheater now. Yay.

I mean, if Rollins doesn't win at Mania I dunno where he actually fits in on the roster afterwards tbh. Reigns will take his slot and he'll be back fighting Lashley and Elias for the IC title.

I don't think I ever found Roman as dorky as I find Rollins in this feud. Calling Lesnar a bully and big boy, ugh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement