Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How long are they doing PREVIOUSLY ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW ....Cringe :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

God, he's back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

And face by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I bet he turns heel before the end of the show match Ad break.

Jack Gallagher on RAW :D

• Advertisement

Zayn vs Owens again!

As much as I love both the WWE need to stop it now for both their sakes

Seriously Vince stop using Rusev to put over your pet projects and push him to the moon.

Rusev is The Guy, The Certified G that you need as your main event star not Roman or Cass.

Rusev destroying Enzo was awesome of the set up could be spotted a mile off from the moment Lana said come to my room but the beating he got was great.

Charlotte is the best heel they have in the WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Is Raw worth watching or just better off watching ups and downs or wtf moments on WhatCulture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not sure if its been posted already but i reckon Sheamus should drop Cesaro as his tag partner and team up with Jack Gallagher

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know the Rumble is coming up when Big Show and Mark Henry get their annual pushes, just for that "Who can stop them" moment.

Spoiler: It will be
    Roman Reigns.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Raw was decent enough. Still a far from perfect show, but it was enjoyable despite its flaws.

While Im enjoying the Jericho/Owens shenanigans, It’s just not a main event feud for me. It’s a great act they have going but it’s a mid-card story for me and not one for your main event feud. Jericho has lost a little of his magic playing the seriously hurt friend here as it limits his capabilities and Owens is failing to look like a top of the card star, yet the story still is entertaining. Its nicely flowing to the obvious point of Owens going on the list but I feel it won’t lead to Owens turning into a full bad ass heel and eviscerating Jericho.

Show looked very well and he’s in decent shape for a man of his age and size. Still should retire though.

Charlotte was on top form verbally destroying her Dad, she’s really progressing well as a speaking performer, though I’ve no idea why Sasha would try defend Ric. (He is the guy who cost her countless times and he did face-rape Becky, why defend this creep). Apart from that the segment nailed it and hopefully their match at roadblock finally ends their feud.

I like the sound of Big Cass v Rusev at Roadblock but I didn’t need the Enzo/Lana stuff. It wasn’t bad and I will admit I did laugh when Flair popped up (Old age womaniser in Ric helping potential new age sleaze in Enzo). The Rusev attack was painfully obvious but it furthered the story well and gives Cass some reason to fight Rusev. I expect Rusev will make him look a million bucks at Roadblock.

Jackie G didn’t really get a chance to show his talents on Raw but I do like that they are trying to at least create a few feuds in the CW division.

The rushed the Cedric/Alicia Fox jealously angle to fast. Rushing stories is one of the negatives to Raw that Smackdown seem to avoid. This story should be at least built up with a subtle few weeks build yet they’ve rushed to the point and wasted a decent feud to keep build Bayley up with. In contrast to SD, they made me care about both Womens matches at TLC yet Raw seem to only focus on one feud and leave Bayley and others on the backburner, losing real momentum as a result.

Cesaro And Sheamo continue to impress and their pairing has been one of the true bright spots of the Raw roster. If they don’t beat New Day (who have jumped the shark ages ago and need to go back to being a heel act).

No movement for Zayn and Strowmans feud really and to throw another Zayn v Owens match is showing the lack of depth in the roster. Keep these two away from each other.

And Finally Rollins called out Hunter. Why did it take him so long? I did like the promo, painting the picture that Jericho and Owens are like end level bosses while the big boss is Hunter and he must go through them to face Hunter. I don’t mind them dragging out a feud but they’ve done nothing since Hunter cost Rollins the gold until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So.... seems to be building towards HHH costing Rollins the match at Roadblock, somehow. I wonder if they will have their grudge match then at the Rumble, or prolong it to Mania?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So.... seems to be building towards HHH costing Rollins the match at Roadblock, somehow. I wonder if they will have their grudge match then at the Rumble, or prolong it to Mania?

Judging by the time in between plot points in this feud, Id say HHH is due to appear around respond to Seth!

Seriously though, Id say he will more likely take Seth out of The Rumble than Roadblock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Judging by the time in between plot points in this feud, Id say HHH is due to appear around respond to Seth!

Seriously though, Id say he will more likely take Seth out of The Rumble than Roadblock

In which case you keep the HHH v Rollins match for Mania, and have either Brock/Goldberg face Owens for the title?

In which case you keep the HHH v Rollins match for Mania, and have either Brock/Goldberg face Owens for the title?

Ive no idea what they are doing with the title, one thing is for sure besides Brock/Goldberg, only Roman looks like hes being positioned as a main event level guy and hes getting his shot at Roadblock. God knows whats happening with the title. WWE may be thinking Goldberg v Brock for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think you have to keep hhh/seth for mania. then goldberg/brock as well.

The title im not sure what will happen. i think roman will win it before mania and we get jericho/owens at mania.

i think a lot could depend on if finn is cleared by then. it would be stupid to not have him go after the title he never lost or after seth.

i read the original plan was to have finn feud with jericho and owens. they could also go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Roadblock a new Raw ppv?

sky88 wrote: »
    i think you have to keep hhh/seth for mania. then goldberg/brock as well.

The title im not sure what will happen. i think roman will win it before mania and we get jericho/owens at mania.

i think a lot could depend on if finn is cleared by then. it would be stupid to not have him go after the title he never lost or after seth.

i read the original plan was to have finn feud with jericho and owens. they could also go that route.

Finn v Roman, of course. Never thought of that (forgot about Balor there). Roman (Vinces latest attempt at making a mega star) v Finn Balor (HHHs pet project). Id love that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a decent Raw. I felt Charlotte was the highlight; she was excellent.

As regards HHH, Meltzer reckons he's doing the old Hogan schtick of waiting until football season ends over there and then returning when the ratings naturally go up, so that would be January. I think he will be in the Rumble and that will likely lead to him and Rollins at Mania. I just really hope it's not for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Finn v Roman, of course. Never thought of that (forgot about Balor there). Roman (Vinces latest attempt at making a mega star) v Finn Balor (HHHs pet project). Id love that.

if hes going against roman hell be a heel as well cause they arent turning roman which could lead to a bullet club reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Roadblock a new Raw ppv?

Think we had it last year. Dunno about the year before. It's replacing Armageddon, I think.

edit: Just googled and turns out we had the first one in March.

When Rusev was confronting Cass, Cass reminded me a lot of Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Is rusev heel in the current storyline lol. I did enjoy his beat down on Enzo.
    Charlotte was also the highlight.

Is rusev heel in the current storyline lol. I did enjoy his beat down on Enzo.

Rusev's character is that people constantly insult or offend his wife, he defends her honor....and we boo him for that, cause it's the faces who are the ones doing the insulting and offending :confused:

I'm hoping for a Balor return at the Rumble, a win for him and Balor/Owens as the title match at Mania.

Just realised....was Strowman on the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just realised....was Strowman on the show?

Nope. I heard rumours that they planned on doing Strowman vs Big Show so if that's true, he'll probably appear next week and confront Big Show in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Sasha said they would make history and have an ironman match? Poor Bayley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

They rarely make NXT matches canon on the main roster

Remember, they brag about Owens beating Cena in his first-ever WWE match - despite being NXT Champion at the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement