Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just a personal opinion here but I wish they would present Kofi as a legitimate champion.

Stop all this goofy New Day nonsense. Comes across as a midcard act.

'Funny don't draw money' as Cornette says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just a personal opinion here but I wish they would present Kofi as a legitimate champion.

Agreed. At the Dublin show I couldnt help but look at the new day's poorly animated entrance vid craic with them on cartoon unicorns etc and think.... This lad is supposed to be World Heavyweight Champion. New music, cool attire, more serious promos. badly needed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't disagree that especially with Big E not there the New Day shtick does not scream world champion but they draw big money in merch sales I'd imagine'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Raw taping spoilers...
    - Miz TV opens RAW. Roman gets interrupted by Lashley/Elias. Shane makes it a tag team match.

- Roman/Miz vs Lashley/Elias ends in DQ when Shane gets involved

- Mojo Rawley defeats Apollo Crews

- Nikki Cross debuts a new character backstage, who is calm and timid.

- Sami vs Braun announced for later, if Zayn wins he gets Braun's spot in MITB

- Contract signing ends w/ Becky getting put through a table by Lacey Evans & Charlotte Flair as they each raise a belt above Becky.

- Baron Corbin scores a clean pin over Ricochet.

- Cesaro questions Rey backstage if Dominick is really his son or Samoa Joe's and the two brawl.

- Nikki Cross, who was acting crazy again, defeated Naomi, Dana Brooke and Natalya. Nikki pinned Natalya.

- Rey Mysterio pins Cesaro

- The Revival say they want to face The Usos in a match

- Firefly Funhouse video, sounds like Bray will wrestle again soon. Bray has demented clown makeup, looks very evil.

- Sami Zayn defeats Braun Strowman, after interference from Corbin and McIntyre, to replace Strowman in the MITB match. This ends RAW.

No Seth or AJ is strange. Seen a Twitter video of Bray's segment. I think the clown get-up looks silly, to be honest. Scary clowns have been done to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    Raw taping spoilers...
    - Miz TV opens RAW. Roman gets interrupted by Lashley/Elias. Shane makes it a tag team match.

- Roman/Miz vs Lashley/Elias ends in DQ when Shane gets involved

- Mojo Rawley defeats Apollo Crews

- Nikki Cross debuts a new character backstage, who is calm and timid.

- Sami vs Braun announced for later, if Zayn wins he gets Braun's spot in MITB

- Contract signing ends w/ Becky getting put through a table by Lacey Evans & Charlotte Flair as they each raise a belt above Becky.

- Baron Corbin scores a clean pin over Ricochet.

- Cesaro questions Rey backstage if Dominick is really his son or Samoa Joe's and the two brawl.

- Nikki Cross, who was acting crazy again, defeated Naomi, Dana Brooke and Natalya. Nikki pinned Natalya.

- Rey Mysterio pins Cesaro

- The Revival say they want to face The Usos in a match

- Firefly Funhouse video, sounds like Bray will wrestle again soon. Bray has demented clown makeup, looks very evil.

- Sami Zayn defeats Braun Strowman, after interference from Corbin and McIntyre, to replace Strowman in the MITB match. This ends RAW.

No Seth or AJ is strange. Seen a Twitter video of Bray's segment. I think the clown get-up looks silly, to be honest. Scary clowns have been done to death.

Anyone travel over from here ?. Sounded an acceptable show I'd say but could of been better

Seems Dark segment for mr slayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Never been as bored with the Raw champions as I am now the only thing they could do now to make it worse it to present them as a power couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Christ Roman is just so bad on the mic.. woeful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So Sami beats Braun and the wheel goes around and around again. Christ they've made sh1te of Strowman in the last 18 months.

Unless there's some payoff for Sami winning MITB there's exactly 0 purpose to such a late switch.

Really, really struggling to care about pro wrestling at this point. It's all just rubbish at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Necro wrote: »
    So Sami beats Braun and the wheel goes around and around again. Christ they've made sh1te of Strowman in the last 18 months.

Unless there's some payoff for Sami winning MITB there's exactly 0 purpose to such a late switch.

Really, really struggling to care about pro wrestling at this point. It's all just rubbish at the moment.

literally all i watched is bray which i thought was great.

spend more time reading about wrestling than watching it right now even the alternatives are doing nothing for me really all time low on interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Strongly disagree that everything outside of WWE is rubbish. NJPW might not be at a peak point in terms of quality but it's still miles ahead of anything in ring, and Impact and MLW have continuously been putting out good product for the last while. Absolutely agree about WWE though, it's so bad. Who wants to see Goldberg vs Taker plodding around Saudi Arabia in 2019 just so Vince and the boys can line their pockets. No thanks.

Strongly disagree that everything outside of WWE is rubbish. NJPW might not be at a peak point in terms of quality but it's still miles ahead of anything in ring, and Impact and MLW have continuously been putting out good product for the last while. Absolutely agree about WWE though, it's so bad. Who wants to see Goldberg vs Taker plodding around Saudi Arabia in 2019 just so Vince and the boys can line their pockets. No thanks.

really feel wrestling is very stagnant right now. New Japan buzz has gone very quiet of late. MLW and Impact very few actually watch.

AEW cant judge till the tv starts

Theres good wrestling everywhere hell even in wwe theres still good in ring stuff even though i think people dont like to admit it as everything else in the company is f**ing terrible to be kind.

Are they doing that thing again where you lose a lot and then win something big with Ricochet? Lost to Roode and Corbin recently.

I like Lacey. The look, the southern drawl and she coped very well with the boos. Sounds far more comfortable on the mic than Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bray's look it reminds me of the Menagerie from TNA; rather than Twisty from American Horror Story that I think he went for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bray's look it reminds me of the Menagerie from TNA; rather than Twisty from American Horror Story that I think he went for.

Very interesting to see where they go from here. He's hardly going to wrestle in the mask is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First Raw in a long time I haven’t watched, and won’t watch after reading the spoilers. No intention of watching Smackdown either this week. Might check out MITB on Monday evening if I can avoid spoilers, but the clash with Game of Thrones means I won’t bother watching any of it live. Think a break until Summerslam could do a lot of us some good at this stage, if not longer.

AEW is starting to look more and more appealing all of a sudden. It’s not a threat and might never be, but it is an alternative like TNA was back when Angle, Joe, Styles and the MCMGs were tearing it up.

Having said all that, I’ll probably watch it next week though. This show is like a destructive addiction. Doesn’t benefit me in any way, but I can’t help coming back for more of the same shîte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bray is the only interesting part of Raw, and that’s a coin toss if it continues when he reappears on the show, live.

Is an interesting study in the fact that all it takes is one or two segments to actually make someone interesting.

martyos121 wrote: »
    First Raw in a long time I haven’t watched, and won’t watch after reading the spoilers. No intention of watching Smackdown either this week. Might check out MITB on Monday evening if I can avoid spoilers, but the clash with Game of Thrones means I won’t bother watching any of it live. Think a break until Summerslam could do a lot of us some good at this stage, if not longer.

AEW is starting to look more and more appealing all of a sudden. It’s not a threat and might never be, but it is an alternative like TNA was back when Angle, Joe, Styles and the MCMGs were tearing it up.

Having said all that, I’ll probably watch it next week though. This show is like a destructive addiction. Doesn’t benefit me in any way, but I can’t help coming back for more of the same shîte.

We are all GoT
    the Jaime to Vince's Cersei.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Felt that Bray change was a bit quick. I was wondering how it would translate to the live show, but now it's probably just going to be a character not too changed from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bray's new mask has a New 52 Joker vibe to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sounds far more comfortable on the mic than Charlotte.

"So you don't THINK that Charlotte Flair is great ON the mic do YOU"

I bloody hate the way she emphasizes the wrong words when she's speaking as a heel, I once thought it was just heel work but it's just so bloody stupid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I think it would be really funny if Brock came out and won this belt immediately.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1130262413578608640

Jesus how many Championships do they need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Brock Lesnar appreciation title, and will be the main title.

The Saudi Arabia auld fellas title. Will probably have a green strap.

9 years left to run on that deal too so expect Taker to be waddling out in his mid 60's to defend it and I'll probably still be watching sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

When will Goldberg and Taker show up to build the saudi show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

Will probably have a green strap.

They introduced a green strap Saudi title at Greatest Royal Rumble and it was never seen or heard from again.

Could be a TV title that is “Wild card rules” and the champ can be on either show?

Could be a hardcore title, if Mick is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They're finding it hard to properly represent the champions they already have, no sign of any of the 3 tag team champions last night in action defending their prestigious belts

It'll be another ploy for a ratings boost, just like the fans are the new authority, nothing really matters

24/7 Wildcard title?

Probably a World Television Championship coupled with the Wildcard Rule.

• Advertisement

would love some kind of 24/7 rule as you could have some fun stuff online and on the shows

sky88 wrote: »
    would love some kind of 24/7 rule as you could have some fun stuff online and on the shows

In this day of social media, a 24/7 title sounds like it has so much potential.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In this day of social media, a 24/7 title sounds like it has so much potential.

Kinda reminds me of Zack Ryder's Internet Championship.

Reckon it's a legneds championship type of thing

Heymen not holding back there

Crowds are as tired of Heyman's shtick as I am.

There's on-air confirmation of Seth and Becky, I guess that's canon now.

The crwod doesnt give a fcuk about the 24/7 title

TimesArrow wrote: »

Could hear pins drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

TimesArrow wrote: »

The state of that, ruined it already with a bunch of nobodies rolling around chasing each other. The new title and the dimmed lights are an effort to make the third hour of Raw more appealing to viewers apparently. Laughable, forget all the stupid gimmicks and just book a decent show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How long before the 3rd hour becomes Raw is War?

That is gennuinely one of the ugliest belts ive ever seen. It is horrible, even by the tag team title standards. The crowd reacted accordingly.

Vince - your time to go has long passed. Long, long ago. Just do the decent thing now and FÚCK off

the belt sucks and so did the segment but i actually think its a fun idea and it will have lots of fun stuff going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The new belt was kinda sad, it shows how creatively bankrupt the company is now. Remember this sh!t we did in the 90's when Steve Blackman, Crash Holly, Godfather's ho & the Mean Street Posse were winning a belt that meant nothing. I could be wrong but that strap used for the belt was a shade of green that made me think if they were going to make a Saudi belt to use on the shows & made an audible a few months ago.
    The only thing there now is the money they are making, if a good match happens it's nearly in spite of the company's direction.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Vince - your time to go has long passed. Long, long ago. Just do the decent thing now and FÚCK off

Vince out is the new Wenger out
    "It's time to go, IT'S TIME TO GO!!"

I don't want to sh1t on everything because I've always felt a 24/7 belt had great potential in the age of the internet but that was awfully done.
    One of the ugliest belts, just looks slapped together overnight. Name is a bit obvious aswell, probably could do with a more creative name. That introduction was rough, audience didn't even boo they just didn't care. That scramble was a bit embarassing could have done with some better brawling instead of just slipping and falling pulling each other's feet. Not to mention that they made it seem pretty irrelevant with who they had fighting over it, might as well call it the Main Event title.

The R-Truth bit was decent though, seems the only thing anyone took away from this Raw was Brock using the briefcase as a boombox. We all called it and are already sick of it, BEAST IN THE BANK!

Not trying to be negative, I do think a 24/7 belt will be fun but it seemed like little thought went into it. Then again, early days hope it can be redeemed. Raw was the same as it has been the last while, meh.

EDIT- Just to be clear before anyone says it, I know the title is for the lower card and I'm fine with it being held there but by not even having some big deal wrestlers on the roster go after it makes it seem pretty clear that it's a lesser belt.

Agree with what has already been said. Hideous belt but it could make for some fun moments. Seen a clip of Cathy Kelly and a ref lurking about backstage, stuff like that could be a laugh. Not everything has to be workrate and prestige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If it gets even close to the fun we had with the hardcore title then it will work. Especially exciting in this day and age with the constant coverage on Facebook, twitter, YouTube etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The 24/7 title belt looks like the love child of old ugly green WWF belt that hogan won in 1984 and the WBC(or WBA) heavyweight boxing title. Would it not be better for WWE to sort of the booking of the championships they currently have before adding another ?

The head bopping Brock memes on Reddit have given me a laugh this afternoon.

Agree with what has already been said. Hideous belt but it could make for some fun moments. Seen a clip of Cathy Kelly and a ref lurking about backstage, stuff like that could be a laugh. Not everything has to be workrate and prestige.

Drake Maverick put up an amusing video of him seeking intel on RTruths whereabouts at a fast food drive in.

I dont where to begin with the dearth of quality on wwe tv. they have way too much talent. is the problem down to terrible writing? JR said yesterday that titles have never meant less in pro wrestling. introduce some stables/factions, make the titles worth something, invest in the chracters, bring in some managers/mouth pieces. have some long form over arching plot lines.

on a side note, brock having a laugh with the brief case is the most interesting thing he's done in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Heyman just say Brock would be back next week? He's actually going to appear 2 weeks in a row?

I think the reaction from the crowd for the new title was partially due to the name not just being the hardcore title. And why refer to a 24/7 title as a Raw title that anyone can go for? Not just that, but then saying the last hour of the show will include it. Surely a 24/7 title will be defended in the first 2 hours as well. Maybe they'll show a compilation of pins/attempts from the past week. Though from the look of it, everyone will be easily defeated. When I saw Eric Young in the ring, I thought it was the ghost of Crash Holly.

This new title will be for the lower/low mid card guys

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement