Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I must be the only one here that actually loved that Rusev/lana segment. Thought it was going to be crap but they made it work. Lana did it very well and the whole thing came out fun and entertaining. Though her accent is now completely gone! :D

The segment has 2.4 Million views already so people are interested at least.

the crowd were into it too just cause someone doesnt like something doesnt mean everyone else doesnt enjoy stupidity and OTT nature of the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Literal wanker views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So even if I could have watched it it seems I didn't miss anything by not watching raw.

So I see that Paige got misted by asuka which would mean something if Paige had been on screen with her "team" with any regularity but she hasn't as far as I know so it was just an excuse to use the mist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They had to do that with Paige. They turned while she was out. She's still liked by fans and they've been better off without her. Also don't need her as a mouthpiece because they're doing well by themselves.

The Divorce Court seemed to get a better reaction than Street Profits

If I was Vince, I'd be questioning why there were so many people out at the stalls and not watching during a match with the Universal champion. There always seems to be big crowds when fights go out there.

When The OC were talking to Humberto backstage, I could only think he must be the palest Mexican I've seen. So Humberto to win the Battle Royal and face AJ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They had to do that with Paige. They turned while she was out. She's still liked by fans and they've been better off without her. Also don't need her as a mouthpiece because they're doing well by themselves.

The Divorce Court seemed to get a better reaction than Street Profits

If I was Vince, I'd be questioning why there were so many people out at the stalls and not watching during a match with the Universal champion. There always seems to be big crowds when fights go out there.

When The OC were talking to Humberto backstage, I could only think he must be the palest Mexican I've seen. So Humberto to win the Battle Royal and face AJ?

Haha I thought the same about humberto

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I must be the only one here that actually loved that Rusev/lana segment. Thought it was going to be crap but they made it work. Lana did it very well and the whole thing came out fun and entertaining. Though her accent is now completely gone! :D

Yeah, no, I loved that **** too.

But then, I've always loved the more "soap opera" elements of pro-wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

The only downside for me is being pg means there's only so much they can do in terms of violence. Take last week for example with the restaurant, when Rusev showed up he was like a teenage girl trying to brush past security to touch their favourite popstar, back 15-20 years ago somebody was using that waiter as a battering ram instead of struggling to push past him.

Agree about Paige, she's still a fan favourite and they've been heeling it up lately but needed to do something like that. They need new music though as well.

That honour has to go to Canelo Alverez, he looks more Irish than half my family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was going to mention Canelo too! Big Irish head up on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Canelo got that Louis CK Mexican gene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Seth Rollins beat the Fiend in a Steel Cage match in 5 minutes in a dark match after Raw.

Remember when the Fiend had a cool aura? Didn’t take long for the WWE to destroy that

• Advertisement

Anyone translate the Kabuki Warriors promos? Maybe they're being nice. Like Mars Attacks.
    I doubt they're insulting the local team

Anyone translate the Kabuki Warriors promos? Maybe they're being nice. Like Mars Attacks.
    I doubt they're insulting the local team

I remember reading on Reddit from someone who spoke Japanese that their first heel promo was just stuff like "We're the best" etc but apparently Asuka was putting on a ridiculous accent and that's why Kairi was laughing so much.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I remember reading on Reddit from someone who spoke Japanese that their first heel promo was just stuff like "We're the best" etc but apparently Asuka was putting on a ridiculous accent and that's why Kairi was laughing so much.

And Asuka has a strong accent anyway according to Shinsuke Nakamura on an interview with Jericho as even he found it hard to understand her at times. It seems that where Asuka is from in Japan is the west Cork/Kerry part of Japan in terms of accent.

Asuka is a culchie. Brilliant.

For all the complaints about the Divorce Court stuff, check out the Youtube views.

Its currently on 4.8m views.

The next closest video is Seth/Rowen's ending, at 1.5m. The Styles match at just under 900k. One or two videos between 500-800k, and then a few round 250k at best.

Point being, for all people will complain about that ending segment, it's had by far the most attention on Youtube than any others. Every other video combined looks like they would still fall well short....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Asuka is from Osaka. 20 million people live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For all the complaints about the Divorce Court stuff, check out the Youtube views.

Its currently on 4.8m views.

The next closest video is Seth/Rowen's ending, at 1.5m. The Styles match at just under 900k. One or two videos between 500-800k, and then a few round 250k at best.

Point being, for all people will complain about that ending segment, it's had by far the most attention on Youtube than any others. Every other video combined looks like they would still fall well short....

Some of the highest viewed videos on the channel are of people kissing, probably says something about some of the viewers more than it does about the quality of the storytelling.

This weeks rating was down again this week (the 3rd lowest of 2019) & the NFL game was the lowest of the season so far too so that can't be blamed for the drop.

Is she from Osaka, or is it a case of naming the nearest place people have heard of? Though I'm still surprised to hear Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Some of the highest viewed videos on the channel are of people kissing, probably says something about some of the viewers more than it does about the quality of the storytelling.

This weeks rating was down again this week (the 3rd lowest of 2019) & the NFL game was the lowest of the season so far too so that can't be blamed for the drop.

they still got the views doesnt matter who watched it. Cant just completely bypass the numbers something gets hell 900k watched dynamite or the 600k that watched NXT do you think they were better than the people watched no more than likely the exact same people

If the Youtube views were being converted into actual viewers with more people tuning into to see the storyline then you could say it's a roaring success.

But that isn't happening. There was a big drop off for the final hour for Raw, like there always is admittedly, but this week went under 2 million so it's safe to say people aren't really interested.

There is always big views on Youtube for anything with a hint of sexuality. Apparently Scarlett Bordeaux has a lot of videos with millions of views. I wonder why?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    If the Youtube views were being converted into actual viewers with more people tuning into to see the storyline then you could say it's a roaring success.

But that isn't happening. There was a big drop off for the final hour for Raw, like there always is admittedly, but this week went under 2 million so it's safe to say people aren't really interested.

There is always big views on Youtube for anything with a hint of sexuality. Apparently Scarlett Bordeaux has a lot of videos with millions of views. I wonder why?

also its worldwide views which play a part look no one can deny ratings arent good

i think a big part is people dont want to admit something stupid that they dont like is over but the crowd was eating it up on the night too

wrestling has always had the most ridiculous angles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seth to address his future tonight

my guess is hes going after lesner again or he will be team raw captain or something for SS. I wonder will he be attacked by a NXT guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hopefully he gets taken out before he has a chance to open his mouth. Any time he's opened his mouth recently, he shoots himself in the foot, he needs to take a page from Roman's book, shut up, put your head down, and get on with it.

NXT is very likely to invade. Not just because of Survivor Series, but because they would've seen the reaction to Friday's invasion and we all know when WWE finds something that works, they'll use it over and over and over again.

NXT is very likely to invade. Not just because of Survivor Series, but because they would've seen the reaction to Friday's invasion and we all know when WWE finds something that works, they'll use it over and over and over again.

The next SD and Raw are uk shows too

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets taken out before he has a chance to open his mouth. Any time he's opened his mouth recently, he shoots himself in the foot, he needs to take a page from Roman's book, shut up, put your head down, and get on with it.

Seth is great in the ring but as you say lithium he need to put the head down and stop reacting to everything that is said to him or about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Seth is great in the ring but as you say lithium he need to put the head down and stop reacting to everything that is said to him or about him.

I'm hoping if NXT show up, Keith Lee & Matt Riddle will do to Seth what they did to Sami on Smackdown this past Friday.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The next SD and Raw are uk shows too

Hmm, good point. Though I think NXT can spare some guys and still be able to put on a decent show on the Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mydingaling2

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Really needs a heel turn. He’s great as a bad guy, but the whole scripted segments are just Cringe.

• Advertisement

Big Becky fan but I would love if Io Raw invaded and battered her. They had Shayna, Rhea, Tegan, Bianca on Smackdown so Dakota, Candice, Io on Raw could happen.

Shayna's goons can stay back in NXT.

Hmm, good point. Though I think NXT can spare some guys and still be able to put on a decent show on the Wednesday.

Next weeks SD and Raw are both being taped on Friday

They could fly a few over and go back with Trips and co the next day

Was thinking that as well, but then they could encounter mechanical issues with the mechanics all going home and the pilots' shifts ending. :)
    And not too many need to be there anyway. Just a few to represent. It's the week before SS that they would need a bigger invasion.

Chatter of
    Seth vs Cole for the NXT title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big Bully Brock is great.

Did Heyman go into detail about why Brock can't be fired, only caught the end of commentary when they mentioned he can't be fired but didn't hear why?
    Big Bully Brock is great.

When you give him something to do he's very good. Brock party is still up there as some of my favourite segments this year

• Advertisement

Did Heyman go into detail about why Brock can't be fired, only caught the end of commentary when they mentioned he can't be fired but didn't hear why?

Because he has got a Jew as an advocate.. Heyman's words.

Because Bliss and Cross were traded back to Smackdown for two future RAW trades is what they are using.

Asuka tapping to bloody Natalya. Christ.

FFS Flair and Hart winning clean!

Cant stand Nattie

I reckon brock will murder Rey

Was dio madden (think it's his name) a wrestler

The refs trying to stop REY again FFS that's enough Rey that enough!

Brock was going to kill them all why would they stop Rey!

I liked that Doi stepped up for King but then King and Vic ignored that their commentary partner god destroyed by Brock and focused on Rey hitting Brock again FFS.

• Advertisement

Dio is a big dude.

Man Doi Madden is a big dude. Get him down the PC to train for a match with Brock.

These commentator attacks get forgotten quickly

Dio will be back praising Brock in a few weeks

Man Doi Madden is a big dude. Get him down the PC to train for a match with Brock.

He was down there was a couple of years.

6ft6 320lbs he has the look I wonder does he have the skills.

Rollins to get destroyed by the nxt guys ?

Please someone beat him up before he even gets a chance to talk

Seth is going to burn NXT down

Be cool if he joined them, he is after all the first ever NXT champion

I hate this sh1t of putting rivalries aside for the sake of the Brand

How many years have they being trying to get this Sin Cara gimmick over now and it always fails.

Hopefully Cole goes over clean again this week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement