Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Omackeral wrote: »
    I never knew that was his actual real middle name. Undertaker. That’s so rare.

t's like he and Paul Bearer were destined to work together.
    I would prefer the badass Taker now. Just because as has been pointed out, the mystique of the Undertaker character is gone, as is his endurance. When I watched him years ago they made him seem like he could go no problem. Of course the Urn helped. :)
    I wonder if circumstances were different, would Michelle be getting involved?

Surprised they didn't show a different angle to that women's match finish, though that would also mean getting rid of Corey saying her shoulders weren't down.
    Be funny if Becky actually stood there watching the whole match.

Trying to think if Austin Theory has won a match since coming to WWE.

I can't say I agree with everything Asuka said, but she had some interesting points. :)
    So did they mention Kayden was trained by the Dudley Boyz?

Remember when there was talk of Dominic having a match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Trying to think if Austin Theory has won a match since coming to WWE.

He's Won 2 Lost 6

Beat Isaiah Swerve Scott and Joaquin Wilde (formerly DJ Z of Impact)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

DM_7 wrote: »
    Limiting the number of people working?

It's not live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I haven't watched this weeks RAW however if AJ really wanted to get under Takers skin (yes I know) he should bring up the Sara throat tattoo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's not live.

Is that not more reason to use old footage? Less time needed to complete a taping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I haven’t been watching much lately but is biker taker back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I haven’t been watching much lately but is biker taker back?

Yes, except minus the bike and Limp Bizkit / Kidd Rock

Yes, except minus the bike and Limp Bizkit / Kidd Rock

So he’s not? :D

He’s not doing the deadman gimmick so? Just the music / entrance? Didn’t wwe lose the rights too Rollin the theme song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its confusing hes kind of a mix between deadman/biker and Mark Calloway

Its possibly the only storyline that has worked since the PC shows started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah they only had it for X amount of time and the changed his music to that "You're gonna pay" tune which wasn't bad.

Yeah they only had it for X amount of time and the changed his music to that "You're gonna pay" tune which wasn't bad.

Currently rewatching 2000 / 2001 WWF on the Network and he has American Badass / Rollin' on the Raw and Smackdowns, but on the PPVs its overdubbed with the faaaaar inferior "You're Gona Pay"... along with the obvious generic crowd noise that accompanies all music overdubs. Shíte craic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I enjoyed almost all the promos on this weeks Raw and I have come to the conclusion that scripted dialogue is much more effective when there is no audience. If Kevin Owens was out there delivering that promo to near silence or getting "WHAT"'d, it would not have resonated the way it did here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    I enjoyed almost all the promos on this weeks Raw and I have come to the conclusion that scripted dialogue is much more effective when there is no audience. If Kevin Owens was out there delivering that promo to near silence or getting "WHAT"'d, it would not have resonated the way it did here.

Filling 3 hours of just promos would be a hard job, but id be so much more interested in a show full of promos than the additional historical matches and the no crowd matches.

Taker, Edge Owens, Heyman..... all delivered fantastic promos.

Though the use if real names lately is being used too often. Its fine for one feud, but when a few do it its overkill.

I also noticed Matt Hardys participation in the Orton Edge feud to be wiped already.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I also noticed Matt Hardys participation in the Orton Edge feud to be wiped already.

Don't you mean he has been... Deleted!?

:pac:

I'll get my coat

Raw after mania and no idea what could happen

Looking forward to it

• Advertisement

Well the bright side is there won't be annoying fans.

But because of that, they won't worry as much about call ups, I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Bianca's interference was a call-up, more or less. Think she'll be on tonight.

Well the bright side is there won't be annoying fans.

But because of that, they won't worry as much about call ups, I would say.

Yeah none of those false pops for the call ups tonight but we could still the annual angry/sulking Brock Lesnar spot tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Asuka vs Liv. A low-key start to post-Mania Raw.

That farce of a 'mania rematch' tonight too

• Advertisement

Belair officially on Raw now

Jesus H it's now a 6 person match after the tag match and Vega vs belair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't watched Raw in ages.

This is just sad now

Six people are having two matches in one night!!

The ads are non-stop.

Pointless and unwatchable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Teddy long is a proud man tonight

dreadful stuff. I'm out

BT have some repetitive ads

Apollo Crews drafted to Raw

Big show is back as a heel I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ShaneU wrote: »
    Haven't watched Raw in ages.

This is just sad now

Six people are having two matches in one night!!

The ads are non-stop.

Pointless and unwatchable

Its been unwatchable due to ads for well over 10 years unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You could tell that Raw was suffering from a "We're nearly out of time we're allowed do this" situation.

WWE have, in my opinion, done the best they could with a really bad hand of cards. I can't imagine we'll be getting much of anything new going forward for quite a while now either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭ThePott

Jesus that was dreadful. Definitely a case where they were just like get it done, don't start anything new till we know where we stand.
    Hope they take a break soon tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE have, in my opinion, done the best they could with a really bad hand of cards.

this is really important to state - I think they have done fantastically with a no win situation. Whatever you feel about the reasons for them continuing with it - the wrestlers and crew and everyone backstage deserve so much credit for everything they have done over the past few weeks.

When do you think the last time was that people thought "Yes! it's the Big Show!"

Not sure how commentary worked but if it that Raw was recorded before Mania, as reported, then they did a good job of making it not seem that way.

had a bad feeling they were going to give Big Show the title

it was a bit odd and why didnt they have this segment on the Raw episode instead of recording it as a 'mania segment'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    had a bad feeling they were going to give Big Show the title

it was a bit odd and why didnt they have this segment on the Raw episode instead of recording it as a 'mania segment'

They needed to pad out Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When do you think the last time was that people thought "Yes! it's the Big Show!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I love big show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Ricochet's move to win the bout thos week was interesting.

Without a crowd maybe the high risk finish was deemed overkill or maybe it is a reflection of the move getting him in bother for awkward execution? I can't rememeber the exact circumstance but I am sure he landed badly on I think Bobby Lashley in one of his last big wins. People asked recently about why they went cold on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Sweet jebus just watched that. Let them go home Vince you absolute nutjob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You could tell that Raw was suffering from a "We're nearly out of time we're allowed do this" situation.

WWE have, in my opinion, done the best they could with a really bad hand of cards. I can't imagine we'll be getting much of anything new going forward for quite a while now either.

I disagree. They should have shut down when everything else did and treat their performers with respect. The Undertaker thing aside this has been a shambles and they are now offering a far less entertaining version of NWA Power. With a ****load more ads.

They have an unbelievable back catalogue and some of the best video producers in the TV business. Use them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Sweet jebus just watched that. Let them go home Vince you absolute nutjob.

Yep mania was ideal spot to take a break. They could have ended the whole thing on an angle If they needed. And teased it out online until they’re ready to comeback live and in front of a live audience.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep mania was ideal spot to take a break. They could have ended the whole thing on an angle If they needed. And teased it out online until they’re ready to comeback live and in front of a live audience.

I’m not disagreeing but curious as to how they would finish it? This is the company who blew up a limo and the person survived. Again now I’m just wondering how you’d end it?

To be fair, the limo thing happened just before the Benoit murder/suicide so the outcome for that wasn't their fault.

They could have the hacker guy take control of programming and hold it ransom. Have updates on what's happening via the website or social media.

Was thinking it's mad that at this point, Lana has probably been in more matches than Zelina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Big show is back as a heel I think

He has a comedy coming on Netflix, he'll be face again soon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He has a comedy coming on Netflix, he'll be face again soon

It’s out an all

• Advertisement

I’m not disagreeing but curious as to how they would finish it? This is the company who blew up a limo and the person survived. Again now I’m just wondering how you’d end it?

Shane finally returns... with the lockbox :pac:

Maybe have HHH attack Drew at the end of mania and have HHH backed up by NXT wrestlers and go this is NXT’s house and as long as I’m in charge of NXT you’re not welcomed here. Then have the NXT stars destroy the Mania set destroy cameras etc and just fade to black.

Honestly no idea how’d you do it. But they should have viewed it as a season finale that you leave on a cliffhanger.

Loughc wrote: »
    Shane finally returns... with the lockbox :pac:

Maybe have HHH attack Drew at the end of mania and have HHH backed up by NXT wrestlers and go this is NXT’s house and as long as I’m in charge of NXT you’re not welcomed here. Then have the NXT stars destroy the Mania set destroy cameras etc and just fade to black.

Honestly no idea how’d you do it. But they should have viewed it as a season finale that you leave on a cliffhanger.

Ya maybe the lads they were looking to call up ala nexus but I guess they had enough on their plate just getting too mania

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Big Show....Nia Jax....Good god. Coronavirus is just relentless in the punishment.

Not forgetting we had Tamina at Mania

Also 3 matches with the same people involved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement