Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shane is back tonight.

Break glass in case of emergency...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's the reason for him being there? Related to Seth?

I expect to hear more from Sasha and Bayley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

shane prob there to hype up Drew vs Orton cause of his history with the 2 men

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shane is back tonight.

Break glass in case of emergency...

https://twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/1290349770435952641

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer saying it’s chaos now and they are rewriting the show currently.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1290373427459751936

WWE.com has learned that a new faction is arriving on #WWERaw tonight. What does this alliance have in store for the red brand?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Spoiling their own show before it airs. Creative. That’ll get people to tune in. :rolleyes:

One website, HeelbyNature, has been looking at recent trademark filings and something called "Justus" has been trademarked.

Nation of domination part 2

Loughc wrote: »
    Spoiling their own show before it airs. Creative. That’ll get people to tune in. :rolleyes:

Clearly surprises aren't top of their agenda, does anyone in that company know how to do surprise mother****ers anymore?

It's absolutely basic TV writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's the reason for him being there? Related to Seth?

I expect to hear more from Sasha and Bayley

Yes they've been quiet of late. I reckon The Rock turns up and says he's planning on taking everything away from Vince and XFL was just the start. Shane joins forces with him.

Ah, a new faction. Because Seth's group, Zelina's group and MVP's group have gone so well.
    Maybe the women will get a faction led by Natalya. That'll really get those viewer numbers up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maybe the women will get a faction led by Natalya. That'll really get those viewer numbers up.

No. Led by Nia. Watch the IWC explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Faction from Nxt coming up?

Shane there to introduce them.
    "Welcome to the new era of WWE. The Undisputed Era!"

Now including Nia. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The faction preview follows the trend of building to TV. Extreme Rules was so much about promoting Raw the next night rather than being a ppv feud ender. I get that without crowds you aren't getting that surprise crowd pop anyway but it just steals that moment from the viewer.

The faction preview follows the trend of building to TV. Extreme Rules was so much about promoting Raw the next night rather than being a ppv feud ender. I get that without crowds you aren't getting that surprise crowd pop anyway but it just steals that moment from the viewer.

Could you imagine the impact nexus would have had if wwe advertise them in advance of the show.

Raw should be cant miss tv with out the advance spoilers. Yes do something big tonight but don’t pre announce. Yes not many will see it tonight but the ones that do would have hyped it and it would have went viral. Then more would tune in next week to see what might happen next.

Shane as the new leader/mentor of UE ?

Have a feelings its some sort of womens group involving Nia and Shayna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The fact payback is a week after Summerslam makes sense with a new faction

Annoy the authority, cause something to go wrong at Summerslam. And then we need to have ‘payback’ to resolve it

Didn't know that. Just looked it up and they're just giving that Raw the Payback name.

While looking I checked the Summerslam wiki page and they usually have a link to the next PPV/Network Event. There is none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Didn't know that. Just looked it up and they're just giving that Raw the Payback name.

While looking I checked the Summerslam wiki page and they usually have a link to the next PPV/Network Event. There is none

The payback wiki has it down for the Sunday though?

We’ll find out at Summerslam I know, but it could go anyway

Being honest, I’ll probably watch Raw for the first time in months tomorrow.

I mean, not in anyway they’d want me to, but still, I’m curious.

qy0cIAY.jpg

This picture is wrestling At the moment summed up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did not realise Payback was the week after.
    Wonder what their reasoning is, is it countering something?

I'll check YouTube in the morning probably but this sounds like it could be an all time low. If they weren't making so much money you'd be wondering how much longer they can go on like this.

I reckon all the "chaos and uncertainty" backstage is a ruse to grab people's attention. Worked for me, I'm intrigued but I swear...if the show opens up with Sasha and Bayley aka budget LayCool then I am finished with Raw.

“this storyline is specific to WWE and NOT intended to be political.”

Satin on the new stable.

I.e it’s going to be. Very political. Guessing the new “Nation of Domination”, presenting a group of black lads decrying racism and making them the bad guys...

A group of white security men attacking black wrestlers.

Well it got people talking.

Shane to open and this new faction to close, standing tall?

So if Shane is revealing this new concept, I guess it means no lockbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Tbh last time something about chaos and a rushed episode it wasn't noticeable which probably says more about the quality of the usual episodes.

Wonder is the new concept some sort of league type thing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wonder is the new concept some sort of league type thing

Wins and losses meaning something is being done by the competition, theoretically. And is far too logical for Vince.

The new concept will be socially distant matches

LMAO.

The brawl for all was consistently shat on for what a pointless terrible concept it was.

I’m living for a brawl for all v2. Honestly I would laugh more at that than Rey Rey’s ping pong eye.

• Advertisement

The idea has me intrigued now. Who is the toughest/best legit fighter in WWE? To make it fair, anyone with MMA experience shouldn't be allowed compete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The shouldnt but they will because you can blame Pritchard or triple h or whoever but at the end of the day the person is charge is a 74 year old guy who made Roman reigns say suffering sucatash on live worldwide TV. Everything is micro managed to within an inch of its life which leads to promos that don't sound believable because the person saying it doesn't believe it because it isn't their words.

Roman reigns had all the tools to be a superstar when they broke up the shield and all these years later yes Roman was the top guy at times but it was like pulling teeth because the natural and logical storyline for him wasn't done because vince wanted to do it his way but it was the 2010s not the 1990's and vince is it seems twenty years maybe behind the world.

Imagine the damage Nia can do when she's actually trying to hurt someone.

I guess that's why they got rid of Kairi. To give others a chance in a real fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The runours are wild tonight....

From a new non political faction, to some bizarre fight for your job Brawl 4 All tournament, I must same Im curious.

Not curious enough to watch live mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also bringing in Shane McMahon to save the day says it all really.

WWE is their own worst enemy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

There has been more post about tonight’s Raw so far than the last couple of weeks combined nearly! So its definitely caught people’s attention!

Looking forward to waking up to the disappointment of Shane introducing 3 lads from 205 Live as the next force to be reckoned with, or something to that effect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince has rehired Vince to work with Prichard.

So now Prichard can blame Russo again for all the sh1t ideas and not himself or McMachon.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    There has been more post about tonight’s Raw so far than the last couple of weeks combined nearly! So its definitely caught people’s attention!

Looking forward to waking up to the disappointment of Shane introducing 3 lads from 205 Live as the next force to be reckoned with, or something to that effect!

Controversy creates cash right. I mean it worked well for WCW. :-/

With the lights and stuff randomly cutting out in guessing its going to be the undisputed era

In the raw graphics at the start of the show i always laugh they decide the only non superstar featured is the pretty girl drummer in Skillet

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With the lights and stuff randomly cutting out in guessing its going to be the undisputed era

In the raw graphics at the start of the show i always laugh they decide the only non superstar featured is the pretty girl drummer in Skillet

Yeah the minute the lights flickered I thought shock the system would play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I was going to joke we're getting a fight pit, then I realised, there actually is a fight pit.......

FIGHT PIT!!!!!!

So it is the Smackdown hacker now on RAW messing with the lights and VT.

Following the UFC's footsteps and moving to the Middle East for more of that Saudi money and holding PPV's on Fight Island.

Drew needs to add some flavour and pitch to his boring monotone droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on promos.

Thought that was actually Drew's best promo and they used a swear word effectively in a promo, surprisingly.

Christ Nia Jax

Should Ric Flair not be quarantined esp with his health conditions

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement