Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eye gouging and Ball grabs are legal.

Shayna takes on and beats 3 women Underground and looks the most legit person on it on the last two weeks well that's because she is.

Randy's turn on Flair was telegraphed by Flair facial reactions from the end of the match before Randy even got on the mic.

To be fair the was Flair's best promo in years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How that dweeb has a match against Rollins at Summerslam is beyond me.

Doesn’t look like a star and is green as s....

It’s a slap in the face to the rest of the roster than won’t end up working Summerslam.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Retribution is so dumb

Completely agree. They look like petty thugs that are teenagers who are acting out cause Mommy didn’t buy them the right Cadillac for their sweet 16th.

They’re not imposing at all.

And considering the damage they did on smackdown you think wwe would have beefed up security. It’s so hard to suspend logic for this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    How that dweeb has a match against Rollins at Summerslam is beyond me.

Meh, from a story point of view, I think it's absolutely fine.

Not every match has to be about "making stars" out of the babyface. I think Rollins has looked great, especially in this segment giving the beatdown to Dom, while taunting Rey.

I also think there's a subtle build towards Rollins vs Joe happening too.

I don't think Dom will go toe to toe vs Rollins. I'd imagine Rollins will kill him, and might lose when someone interferes to help, setting up whatever's next for the Rollins character. But I don't think the plan will be to build Dom up towards anything major. He's a pawn in the larger Rollins vs Rey storyline.

Now Retribution....that I agree on. They're awful imo. Like kids playing dress up.

Oh I completely get Dominik and Rollins is building to something else but that makes it even more frustrating it’s a throw away match at Summerslam. Give them the blow off on a B PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Did they get rid of the dancers on WWE fight club? Saw a few comments on Twitter about it, including from Madusa calling out the hypocrisy between the dancers and the womens revolution the company loves to champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Randy's turn on Flair was telegraphed by Flair facial reactions from the end of the match before Randy even got on the mic.

To be fair the was Flair's best promo in years.

I did like the expression on Flair's face as Orton was hugging him. It was a "this hug don't mean sh1t I know you too well."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Did they get rid of the dancers on WWE fight club? Saw a few comments on Twitter about it, including from Madusa calling out the hypocrisy between the dancers and the womens revolution the company loves to champion.

Can't do anything these days!
    On one hand she does make a point WWE does like its ol' hypocrisy. But on the other you could argue that by saying that and feeling that way she doesn't really care if said dancers are out of pocket now. At the end of the day it was a job for them that helped put food on the table.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Odd to have a group of Ninja's going around and now a faction dressed a lot like Ninja's.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Were the dancers wrestlers or developmental talent?

If not, what exactly is wrong with WWE hiring dancers/actresses for a scene? Why are people offended on behalf of women who may be perfectly happy to do a gig.

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh I completely get Dominik and Rollins is building to something else but that makes it even more frustrating it’s a throw away match at Summerslam. Give them the blow off on a B PPV.

I get your point, but this is probably going to be way low down on the card, given a lack of title involved. I'd say even possibly the opening match.

Watching Orton/Flair...God, Randy is so great as a bad guy. He's someone I think has thrived with no crowd. It lets his little nuances come across so perfectly.

That sets up up Orton vs Charlotte too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As much as I like seeing Mickie, do we need her vs Nattie?

Do they seriously expect us to believe that group could flip a car when 1 seemed to struggle with a cinder block?

The one in the black that fought Shayna had similar hair to one of Retribution from Raw. Didn't recognise the taller blonde but the other blonde is former Titan Games winner Emily Andzulis. Just know that because world always see her as a fan.

How many years do we have to wait for Nicholas to main event WM.

At least he was a tag team champion and probably deserves more of a chance than Dominik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Orton is such a prick and one of the all time great heels. Hope they keep him as a heel for a long time. Think he's winning the title at Summerslam.

They ****ed up Retribution already having them go around like a bunch of spoilt teenagers. No 'you get out of here' jesus christ who writes that ****e

A former WWF star and real deal underground shoot fighter speaks.

https://twitter.com/ShamrockKen/status/1292975348007804928?s=20

Give Ken one last run he would instantly be the scariest guy in the WWE if he returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I find it funny that Shamrock is touting for a job while he is currently working for Impact :pac:
    Accordingly there is nothing in his contract that says he cannot wrestle for another promotion (again, accordingly anyways) But he clearly mustn't care about Impact :pac:

That would be like taking a phone interview while working in your job. Not a bother who hears lol.

Underground brings back memories of Puder/Angle.

The security guy must have decided being a Ninja wasn't for him

There is also what looks like a ref there yet Shane is the one calling off the fights and declaring the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Were the dancers wrestlers or developmental talent?

If not, what exactly is wrong with WWE hiring dancers/actresses for a scene? Why are people offended on behalf of women who may be perfectly happy to do a gig.

Not offended, its just a sleazy presentation in a PG show. It adds nothing to the already cheap presentation of Raw Underground.

Shane = Ratings
    Last night's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw - the second to feature "Raw Underground" - was up in viewership figures week-over-week, generating an average audience of 1.721 million, compared to 1.715 million on August 3. It is actually the most watched Raw since late June. On the night, Raw finished with a 0.47 rating in the 18-49 demo over the three hours, with each of th hours finishing #4, #5 and #7. The rating isn't great, down from each of the last two weeks. In total viewership, Raw finished 25th and the only sports competition on the night were a couple of basketball games, one of which (Nuggets/Lakers) beat Raw in 18-49. The hourly figures are below:

Hour 1 - 1.811 million
    Hour 2 - 1.754 million
    Hour 3 - 1.601 million

It is crazy how the WWE is actually dominating the over 50 audience when everything they are doing is trying to target everyone but the over 50's and they just can't get the under 50's to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Retribution is just the Spirit Squad in balaclavas. A bunch of geeks jumping up and down, cheering and high-fiving each other.

RAW ratings over the last 6 years:
    522782.png

I can't argue with the above.

The planning says it all. No clue as to what these guys are doing or why yet, but the fact that WWE dont even know who they want behind the masks says it all.

No direction, no long term plan..... no sense.

I think the reason they haven't really attacked anyone yet is because of their size. I know we've been able to judge their height from surroundings but imagine them attacking Drew and looking tiny beside him. Then they unmask later to reveal themselves as the likes of Dijakovic.

Was it Aces & Eights that only revealed 1 every now and again?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think the reason they haven't really attacked anyone yet is because of their size. I know we've been able to judge their height from surroundings but imagine them attacking Drew and looking tiny beside him. Then they unmask later to reveal themselves as the likes of Dijakovic.

Was it Aces & Eights that only revealed 1 every now and again?

But if they plan on having Dijack or Ciampa or whomever involved, why not have them there now acting out the angle now themselves.

Seen the idea floated around online that they're meant to be a joke group and it's Vince taking a pop at protestors.

I must say, that while Raw was ok for most parts the ending of the Owens Orton match was brilliant.

Flair showed why he is the best ever in terms of believability, you feel its all real to him and he makes you feel his passion.

And further proof that Orton, when motivated, can be a top tier guy. Hes been nothing short of perfect since turning on Edge. Hes so natural in his current role and he is their best heel at the minute.

You wanna get Drew over.? Have him win againsy Randy.

• Advertisement

Seen the idea floated around online that they're meant to be a joke group and it's Vince taking a pop at protestors.

I fully believe this.

The Radical Left invading WWE.

Now what could they have BLM stand for?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now what could they have BLM stand for?

Brother Love Matters.

That would be funny. Remove the masks to reveal all red faces

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I had that thought actually as it makes sense sadly. The fact its people jumping on cars, breaking windows etc does sound like what the republicans think all protesters are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's 100% a play on the protestors. Living in protester central right now and don't watch WWE often but was my first thought when I saw the clips. They just voted to defund the police here in Seattle with the police chief resigning, fun times ahead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

In fairness any report about Vince sounds true cause he’s a crazy man

It's 100% a play on the protestors. Living in protester central right now and don't watch WWE often but was my first thought when I saw the clips. They just voted to defund the police here in Seattle with the police chief resigning, fun times ahead :D

Just makes me think I know what comes next. If we hear a police officer say "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" we'll soon have a cop that's part man, part machine, all cop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HBK to confront Orton over Flair tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    HBK to confront Orton over Flair tonight

HBK is getting a punt kick

So is everything Live from the Thunderdome from now on (till they can tour again) ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    HBK is getting a punt kick

So is everything Live from the Thunderdome from now on (till they can tour again) ?

Starting this Friday until end of October it seems.

Retribution are back and have taken the show off the air

Have USA put on a good movie in its place then?

Have USA put on a good movie in its place then?

nah they decided to keep the show on the air and leave some production staff alone

• Advertisement

so it was Zelina who poisoned Ford

Well Prichard and Vince showing what they really thinks of WWE Legend Mickie James as the the commentators called making her comeback.

coked up Shane McMahon is back, This Raw Underground thing is getting a bit stale

Rey's eye will miraculously recover when the programme with Seth Rollins.

Shane is stuck in a 90's Girls Gone Wild/MTV Spring Break mode someone needs to tell him it's 2020.

That was sick no Shane it really wasn't.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement