Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shane is stuck in a 90's Girls Gone Wild/MTV Spring Break mode someone needs to tell him it's 2020.

That was sick no Shane it really wasn't.

Are these 'fights' real ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are these 'fights' real ?

No

Nia Jax now in Raw Underground that could be a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HBK could have sold the rko and punt a tad more not up straight away, pure heel Randy is a delight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Nia Jax now in Raw Underground that could be a disaster

Tbh that is where she belongs, away from the rest of the roster and limiting her sh1tiness to a sh1tty concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think that's the first time I've seen Shawn without a hat.

Nice of retribution to mess with the feed just in time for a break. though the way it kept changing images quickly like that, it was hard to tell the difference from their regular broadcast.

I see Underground is now having matches between 2 named guys. They stop the match between the lesser known guys but let Ivar lose?

Worse thing than a Nia Jax appearance is 2 Nia Jax appearances.

So who is this Demi one? I know they say she's from The Bachelor, but is she as ditzy as she comes across? And why is she always on here?

Thought the poisoning would lead to another feud but nope, still the same feud.

Shawn still won't no sell even for Randy.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think that's the first time I've seen Shawn without a hat.

Nice of retribution to mess with the feed just in time for a break. though the way it kept changing images quickly like that, it was hard to tell the difference from their regular broadcast.

I see Underground is now having matches between 2 named guys. They stop the match between the lesser known guys but let Ivar lose?

Worse thing than a Nia Jax appearance is 2 Nia Jax appearances.

So who is this Demi one? I know they say she's from The Bachelor, but is she as ditzy as she comes across? And why is she always on here?

Thought the poisoning would lead to another feud but nope, still the same feud.

Could they have not had a member of Retribution do the poisoning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That camera cut on impact of the Orton punt on HBK is hilarious. Like imagine any other form of combat sport cutting away at the exact moment a knockout blow lands, you'd be hearing all about it. As it is, it's expected in how WWE produce their in ring content.

Camera cuts are the new thigh slap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Shane is stuck in a 90's Girls Gone Wild/MTV Spring Break mode someone needs to tell him it's 2020.

That was sick no Shane it really wasn't.

The man is over 50. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pentecost wrote: »
    The man is over 50. Embarrassing.

How anyone can be enthusiastic at Raw Underground is beyond me

Shane and his midlife crisis. At least hes not putting himself in romance angles with Trish like his old man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »

Shane and his midlife crisis. At least hes not putting himself in romance angles with Trish like his old man.

Not yet

It would totally be Mandy in this era wouldn’t it

sky88 wrote: »
    Not yet

Or Liv. She hasn't much of a program either.

It's so boring. It was something of a (terrible) novelty the first night but there's no point to it. And then there's the camera cuts. Jesus.

sky88 wrote: »
    Not yet

Shane is not as jacked and menacing as his father was back then but a programme of that type could work but no way in hell would they do in this social climate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

Isn't Raw underground basically a no disqualification match without the weapons unless i'm missing something blatantly obvious

regulators wrote: »
    Isn't Raw underground basically a no disqualification match without the weapons unless i'm missing something blatantly obvious

have no idea wtf is going on and then having Shane dance around like a child high on sugar makes it even more annoying

regulators wrote: »

Its utter ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's no DQ. There's a ref but the ref never seems to call a match, Shane just gets over excited and calls for the bell every time it seems like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

Shane probably start sniffing coke off the strippers next week.

It really is awful.

You'd think Shane would be more mellow since when the door opens to Underground, the amount of smoke makes it seem more like The Rascals' tree house from Impact

Sure why would they want to surprise us with a main roster debut?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure why would they want to surprise us with a main roster debut?

It’s all about ratings that’s why you sacrifice the one thing your show used to have when it had ratings of 4.0 and above The element of surprise.

There is zero reward for tuning in week in week out.

It’s like watching a drama show with absolutely no twists or turns but there’s 52 episodes a season of it. Where the hook to keep people interested in it?

Will Keith Lee get a win on his Raw debut if so against who, Lashley, Rollins?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will Keith Lee get a win on his Raw debut if so against who, Lashley, Rollins?

Depends on how he debuts..... he might just run in for a save on someone.

And new 24/7 champion.
    Loughc wrote: »
    It’s all about ratings that’s why you sacrifice the one thing your show used to have when it had ratings of 4.0 and above The element of surprise.

There is zero reward for tuning in week in week out.

It’s like watching a drama show with absolutely no twists or turns but there’s 52 episodes a season of it. Where the hook to keep people interested in it?
    I suppose. Though advertising a guy who only fans would know from NXT, so likely already watch Raw on a PPV that those who mostly watch Raw would see seems pointless.
    Of course they could go the crazy route and do something at Summerslam to make people want to tune in, like the Roman run in out Asuka winning.

Do we know who's facing Banks and Bayley next Sunday?

Depends on how he debuts..... he might just run in for a save on someone.

As long as he's kept clear of Raw Underground. "Sick bro!"

Vince's 75th birthday today I wonder will he get a birthday bash on RAW.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Vince's 75th birthday today I wonder will he get a birthday bash on RAW.

Knowing Vince he’ll take another head butt.

• Advertisement

Aleister Black returns as a guest on The KO Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Aleister Black returns as a guest on The KO Show

Will......he talK......quiTe......slowly and emphasise........certain letters....in a fuTile.....attempt to appear............................................menaCING?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If they can get the piped in sound better, and maybe give everyone a neutral background so it's not so bright....... I think this Thunderdome might just work....

So can we assume Nia the monster heel with now team up with her enemy for the tag titles, weird booking

Pirate Alistair Black

Pirate Alistair Black

Joining Messiah Rollins?

A Benoit pic, a KKK rally and an execution video all made their way on to the Thunderdome last night.

Randy's punt missed by more than a Cena punch.

These camera cuts are making the show more unwatchable than the crappy storylines.

Solid Snake Black.

Truth is brilliant I sometimes think is gimmicks make you forget how good a wrestler he actually is and he is also the oldest wrestler who is active week in week out in the company he is in some shape for a 48 year old.

• Advertisement

The devastating punk kick has now been shown to be a nothing move with Shawn no selling it last week and Drew taking two of them this week and yet is fine to take out Randy later in the show.

Keith Lee's debut was kind of blown off when Drew interfered.

That 3rd punt should take him out for a month at least if they really want to sell it.

Young Dom is defiantly paying his dues with the amount of beatings he has taken over the last few weeks.

The lad can bump and sell so thats a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Benoit and the KKK in the Thunder Dome, Orton hitting fresh air punts, WWE is a sloppy shop.

Benoit and the KKK in the Thunder Dome, Orton hitting fresh air punts, WWE is a sloppy shop.

yea one of these arent like the other 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Solid Snake Black.

*Pushes glasses up nose*

Well, achsually, it should be Naked Snake Black or Punished Snake Black...

Big Boss Black works too, I guess.

:pac:

TSC put on his MGS nerd glasses just before me!

Typical call-up nonsense again with Lee. New generic theme that replaces his instantly recognisable and catchy original one. New gear that covers him up (Vince probably doesn't like that he doesn't have chiselled abs) and something that looks like a woman's tennis skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is there a reason they changed Lee’s music and made him wear a shirt? Do they he’s too fat for Raw and want to cover him up? Genuine question

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Is there a reason they changed Lee’s music and made him wear a shirt? Do they he’s too fat for Raw and want to cover him up? Genuine question

Vince being Vince

Yeah I was trying to tell if it was a skirt or not. I assumed shorts but hard to tell.
    Expected the match to go that way. Can't have Randy losing and have to keep Keith looking string for a week at least.

So Shayna and Nia(who I'm still not clear on the suspension status of) have suddenly decided to put their rivalry aside to get a shot at the tag titles ahead of proper teams. Oh how we love this logic.

If what was said above is true about appearing on screens, I can see changes coming to it.

And they need to control the volume on the "fans". They were nearly louder than Drew when he was talking. Some seemed to be booing him.

• Advertisement

Oh and what was the point of that Natalya/Lana thing? The only good thing from it was seeing Mickie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement