Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I was trying to tell if it was a skirt or not. I assumed shorts but hard to tell.
    Expected the match to go that way. Can't have Randy losing and have to keep Keith looking string for a week at least.

So Shayna and Nia(who I'm still not clear on the suspension status of) have suddenly decided to put their rivalry aside to get a shot at the tag titles ahead of proper teams. Oh how we love this logic.

If what was said above is true about appearing on screens, I can see changes coming to it.

And they need to control the volume on the "fans". They were nearly louder than Drew when he was talking. Some seemed to be booing him.

I wouldnt be surprised if Nia or Shayna walk out on one another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldnt be surprised if Nia or Shayna walk out on one another

And still somehow win the tag titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nia to win singlehandedly and go on to win the Raw women's title. The new WWE will be built on the shoulders of Nia and Roman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Orton going to give Lee a clean win at Payback or DQ with Drew interfering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think Alistair Black will make a great heel

Why did Keith Lee get that generic theme song, overall good debut for him. He could have a massive future if booked right.

3 punt kicks in the one night for Drew, doctors very worried, was it definitely kayfabe ?

Raw underground was as meh as that stupid arm wrestling segment. Kevin Owens should be there to live up to his fight owens fight personality

Retribution show up only once to beat up Rey and Dom with Rollins/Murphy sitting back watching. So cross brand group with Reigns and Rollins the leaders ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thunderdome and summer slam put some life into raw ratings

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1298350700951265280?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

The rumour is that the reason for some theme changes lately and of course Lee's is that CFO$ gets a 50% royalty for their music and they're no longer working for WWE as well so as a result they're changing a lot of themes.

We could lose some heavy hitters if this proves true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ThePott wrote: »
    The rumour is that the reason for some theme changes lately and of course Lee's is that CFO$ gets a 50% royalty for their music and they're no longer working for WWE as well so as a result they're changing a lot of themes. We could lose some heavy hitters if this proves true.

it's mental because CFO$ were brought in so they didn't have to pay Jim Johnston (proper) royalties. Maybe WWE should just cut to the finish line and use fan submissions and give them free Thunderdome tix as payment :P

It's crazy alright, I can't believe that was the deal tbh. Especially as you mentioned when the ditched Jim Johnston. Considering CFO$ were sort of nobodies seems a really generous deal to give them.
    It also explains why there's been a lot of themes changed over the last while (Seth Rollins, Buddy Murphy, Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae, Io Shirai, Bayley, Liv Morgan, Apollo Crews, etc.).

Some other ones potentially on the chopping block
    : Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins (original theme), Asuka, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Iconics, Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Undisputed Era, Shayna Baszler, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville, Ciampa, Lacey Evans, Rhea Ripley and Matt Riddle.

Basically anyone who's come through NXT or debuted between 2013-2019. Which is a massive group. Seems they're taking a lot of opportunities to change themes when someone turns heel but we may never get the original themes back again. Don't think they'll ditch everything obviously but it's an interesting situation none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

These camera cuts are making the show more unwatchable than the crappy storylines.

I don’t watch anymore. I’ve given up. Aside from one year, I’ve watched since 1993 non stop. Every week. Can’t anymore.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Thunderdome and summer slam put some life into raw ratings

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1298350700951265280?s=20

Dominic is a ratings winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don’t watch anymore. I’ve given up. Aside from one year, I’ve watched since 1993 non stop. Every week. Can’t anymore.

i read that like you've been watching 1993 WWF round the clock. I was like, "yes! a man of culture!" :P

Raw-Announcers.jpg

So reading there that the WWE are going to use the same fans they trust in the first few rows of ThunderDome week in week out as they will be the ones that won't do stupid things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

So reading there that the WWE are going to use the same fans they trust in the first few rows of ThunderDome week in week out as they will be the ones that won't do stupid things.

9oEfFHK.jpg

Rey vs. Seth again tonight, is this the end

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rey vs. Seth again tonight, is this the end

It was advertised somewhere as a final encounter match. So hopefully yes.

Loughc wrote: »
    It was advertised somewhere as a final encounter match. So hopefully yes.

Yeah hopefully it is

Maybe starting Seth vs Murphy fued

This family ballax with Rey and Dominik is starting to grate on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I domnt get WWE booking.

Have agurably their top star, Drew, written off my Randy Orton. Only to have Orton lose in 6 minutes to a newcomer, clean.

Im all for putting Keith lee over, but this doesnt make much sense.

Thye built Randu up so much, rightly put Drew over and then they write Drew off? No logic

Fear bloody Corbin will show up and start a fued with Keith Lee

Ya knw how Corbin likes to pick on the new guys

So with them losing the tag titles and Sasha no longer being Raw champion, does that mean we won't see Sasha and Bayley on Raw again?
    Major downside of Shayna and Nia winning is now we could get Nia and all shows.

What are the odds they'll devote more time to the Universal title than at least 1 of the Raw superstars that appears? They'll show highlights from it and mention it at commentary as well as mention what's happening tis wee on Smackdown

• Advertisement

Rey out injured and being replaced by Dominik and now Dominik vs Rollins will be a qualifying match for the 'triple threat Number 1 contenders match for a WWE title shot'. Other qualifying matches are Keith Lee vs Dolph Ziggler and KO vs Orton

Dominik to win and become number 1 contender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lee's new music is so shíte. Screams jobber.

His old one is one of the best themes in years. It's isn't the usual the 30 second loop. He sings it, it has lyrics and is properly catchy, it's so unique. They're seriously dropping the ball by not using it...

Alistair Black is better heel

Keith Lee vs Randy Orton vs winner of Rollins/Dominik for a title shot

Reys daughter yummmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

4 matches, 4 jumpstarts..... This is amateur hour.......

ha bit of a booboo for the crew there

Retribution are back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't believe they broke up the Iiconics. The two hide each other's flaws so perfectly. They'll be back together within a year.

Loving the Lee push. Loved the detail that even though Randy hit him with the RKO, he trusted the Spirit Bomb more and pinned Seth. Protects Lee and puts his finisher over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Retribution are back

Adam Pearse is getting alot of air time these days, are they alluding to something. Randy gets his win back over Lee quick enough, but still done in a way that protects Lee somewhat.

Orton will most likely beat Drew who will be playing up the concussed angle and It'll most likely end up being Orton/Lee HITC and then Orton/Edge at Mania.

• Advertisement

So what is the actual point to RAW Underground?

Is there prize money a belt something to actually fight for?

Also with the world in the middle of a pandemic why would wrestlers put their careers on the line in unsanctioned no rules shoot fights ;)

I would love if.

I'm Afraid I've got some Bad News For You! I'm back for some Retribution!

So Dominik gets a chance at a title shot ahead of multiple others?

"So we have so few tag teams that we have to give the belts to 2 singles stars. Maybe we should make more?" "Nah start splitting exiting teams up"
    Remember they started a feud between them before but then stopped?

Think that Retribution appearance near the end confirms Mia is definitely a member, unless she was just playing the role this week.

Marina Shafir just back from a summer vacation to a desert somewhere?

They're pushing the wrong Iconic.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're pushing the wrong Iconic.

christ Whatculture podcast will be unberable

christ Whatculture podcast will be unberable

?

?

Whatculture guys have a fixation for the iconics.

• Advertisement

Which one are they pushing? Peyton?

The one that's married to Spears.

?

One of the guys keeps shouting 'ICONIC' and its bloody irritating

One of the guys keeps shouting 'ICONIC' and its bloody irritating

Dont they both do that?

Better as a team, as Lord stated they hide eachothers plaws. Why the need to split them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why the need to split them?

Vince has openly stated he sees Royce as a singles star, possibly as the top woman in the company. You can see they started shaping her to that end more recently; dying the hair, the bodybuilding competitions, etc.

What I think is hilarious is these "The team needs to split" stipulations that apparently means they can't even be friends any more. Ok, they cant operate as a tag team. Keep Kay as a manager for Royce then. Best of both worlds.

Kay was by far the more charismatic; if you think of their catchphrases and memes, it's usually Kay saying them. She'll hopefully get paired with someone else. She's said she's happy to be a valet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Loving the Lee push. Loved the detail that even though Randy hit him with the RKO, he trusted the Spirit Bomb more and pinned Seth. Protects Lee and puts his finisher over.

Rollins and Orton were on good form that night. That "ahHA!" from Rollins when he finally got Keithly in a headlock like he'd cracked the code and now victory was inevitable.

---

1/ Retribution should not look like Tozawa's ninjas.
    2/ One of the groups should change their look.
    3/ If you're going go to with being Japanese for a gimmick, Tozawa Rangers is right there.

This moment 16 to 20 seconds in is easily my favourite part of Raw though:

Tozawa chauffeuring his own entourage is a great bit of characterisation.

That reminded me, you'd think by now that the WWE superstars would recognise a ref without relying on seeing the shirt.

I'm waiting for a showdown between the ninjas and Retribution

What a weird Raw.

Such an arbitrary decision and stipulation to just break up the Iiconics out of nowhere. It's a shame, I like them and considering the shortage of women's tag teams brekaign up one of the few legit ones you have is just odd.

Totally in for another Mickie James/Asuka match on the other hand.

Retribution and Raw Underground at this point are just duds. There's clearly no end goal for any of them and as soon as Rertibution are unveiled I doubt they'll even be featured that often. They're not even interrupting important stuff anymore and are now apparently sticking to Raw.

Randy/Drew again, okay then.
    Wondering where Dominik goes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's pretty crap that Drew's reign will likely end to serve another storyline. Fcuk me they should hang their heads in shame. Does anyone really want to see Orton and Edge feud over the title in 2020?

ThePott wrote: »
    Wondering where Dominik goes from here.

Off to the performance centre hopefully.

Does anyone really want to see Orton and Edge feud over the title in 2020?

Nope.

Thankfully they will feud for the title in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope.

Thankfully they will feud for the title in 2021.

Now now sir no need to be getting thick. :pac: I'm aware Edge is out injured but we all know this is who Randy will ultimately face and drop the title to.

It's pretty crap that Drew's reign will likely end to serve another storyline. Fcuk me they should hang their heads in shame. Does anyone really want to see Orton and Edge feud over the title in 2020?

Its hardly a bad sign for Drew. Hes done massively well since being champ despite the pandemic, hes been booked strong and protected and has done his best with whats been given to him.

Orton has been WWEs MVP this year. Further proof a motivated Orton is fantastic. Him and Edge have the feud of the year and I wouldnt mind seeing another match for the title

Will Dominik and Roman fued over who has the best chest protector at some stage.

Going by last night's Raw, did Aleister Black get a massive face tattoo? Looks to go from his eye to his neck

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement