Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by last night's Raw, did Aleister Black get a massive face tattoo? Looks to go from his eye to his neck

Looked it. Def was something peeking out beneath the eyepatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had another look and I was wrong about his neck. that looks like an old one, but definitely goes to the bottom of his nose.

Speaking of Aleister, saw once again last night that he's a lucky guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe it's war paint or something and it will be part of his gimmick going forward

Face painted Wrestlers is a bit rare these days, suppose its takes to long to put on each night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Speaking of Aleister, saw once again last night that he's a lucky guy

How do ya mean? What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ridley wrote: »
    Rollins and Orton were on good form that night. That "ahHA!" from Rollins when he finally got Keithly in a headlock like he'd cracked the code and now victory was inevitable.

---

1/ Retribution should not look like Tozawa's ninjas.
    2/ One of the groups should change their look.
    3/ If you're going go to with being Japanese for a gimmick, Tozawa Rangers is right there.

This moment 16 to 20 seconds in is easily my favourite part of Raw though:

Tozawa chauffeuring his own entourage is a great bit of characterisation.

That match was more entertaining than both main title matches at Wrestlemania this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

How do ya mean? What happened?

Zelina vega

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Dominik is really good. Bit of a young Jeff Hardy about him. Nice to see someone arrive from nowhere like that, freshens things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hes super green and should be in development for a while, but he has potential.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes super green and should be in development for a while, but he has potential.

As someone who now dips in and out rather than watches a whole lot, but watched enough in recent times to be still familiar with the development guys, it was very refreshing to see a guy who I had not seen before and did not know what to expect.

A bit like when a new sports player breaks through, we see the flashes of potential that also make you want to see how far they can go, how good will they become. With the older 30(+) crowd they are as good as they are going to be and it is just not as interesting.

• Advertisement

Michael Cole filling in for Tom Phillips

How bad ass by drew

Driving in the ambulance

Bobby vs Bobby jnr

Heel turn for Cedric, thought it would be Ricochet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is Rusev actually doing anything right now? I remember Impact teasing him but haven't heard anything since.

I ask because Retribution's promo has a vibe of "We can't believe you sacked us!" off it, but thats clearly Djokovic and Yim talking, neither whom have been "discarded". If the idea is someone who was sacked comes back and leads a stable of people, including NXT people, fine. But if it's just NXT guys, then it feels a little weak. Rusev feels the level of guy who could lead such a group easily though.

Was sure Riott Squad would lose which would make the title match uncalled for. Of course they couldn't have Nia lose so just throw the match out.
    Speaking of Nia why was she so surprised when sh4e was told she would be in a handicap match as well, considering it was mentioned a couple times before that?

What's with Adam Pearce getting so much screen time? Until recently I wouldn't even have known he worked there or even his name, only seeing him break up brawls.

Why did Drew arrive in a ambulance? was he still supposed to be in hospital before then?

Are Rey's wife and daughter involved in the business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is Rusev actually doing anything right now?

Bítching about Meltzer on twitch atm

https://twitter.com/WrestleCritic/status/1302980750602645504

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

"We are left to feed on nothing but the scraps of contempt..."

"The darkness of Retribution will seep into the pores of every superstar and the WWE universe."

Who talks like that :D Retribution could not be any more lame if they tried!

Nice of them to only restrict their actions to Raw now.

Peyton vs Billie happened very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Quarterly brand v brand invitational??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Quarterly brand v brand invitational??

Yeah, they've actually followed their own continuity for once, it's how Sasha and Bailey started showing up on raw.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ivar want to a local hospital not a medical facility that's how serious his injury from his dive was.

When a wrestler instantly throws up the X sign themselves he must have done some serious damage.

Did 6/7/8 years olds write that Retribution stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Peyton's entrance theme and walkout was like a generic sexy diva from 2004.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Peyton's entrance theme and walkout was like a generic sexy diva from 2004.

Explains why Vince is so high on her so.

One week after breaking up Peyton and Billie each get new themes. How many years after the Shield split and Reigns still has that theme.

I do like the new Nation of Domination sorry Black Lives Matter no sorry The Hurt Business faction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One week after breaking up Peyton and Billie each get new themes. How many years after the Shield split and Reigns still has that theme.

They left Roman the shield theme in order to get him over..... never worked.

So Owens and Black are going to settle a real deal underground shoot fight now with a pro wrestling match now I guess.

Well both were taken out by Babadook so that was pointless.

Dave is saying Mojo is one of members of Retribution

Now Vince and Bruce will pull Mojo so internet fans can slam Dave.

Drew looking extremely jacked last night

Vince must of been delighted

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Drew looking extremely jacked last night

Vince must of been hard

Fixed your post

• Advertisement

So now that ny my daughter is old enough, shes happy to watch Raw. I download it to the Sky box and watch when she comes home from school.

I work while she watches, but keep an eye on it in the background.

From her POV its awesome, just like I did when I was a kid. She loves everyone and thinks everyone is believable.

Quotes like 'why did Cedric turn bad' , ' why did retribution turn yhe lights out' and 'did you see that Claymore' haopen regularly. She buys into it all. She think Nia is an unstoppable force, that Cesaro and Nakanura are a big deal and that Murphy had it coming.

The product may appeal to adults, but its kids who truly believe in the product.

WWE need to tap this market. I dont mind my daughter watching because I know it can do no harm with the right parenting approach. But so many parents just wont both with WWE and I can see why.

If WWE wants to get more viewers, they need to make the show more accessible to kids and more appealing to parents.

Its possible to have a product that appeals to everyone with good story telling and logical angles without being too edgy.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So now that ny my daughter is old enough, shes happy to watch Raw. I download it to the Sky box and watch when she comes home from school.

I work while she watches, but keep an eye on it in the background.

From her POV its awesome, just like I did when I was a kid. She loves everyone and thinks everyone is believable.

Quotes like 'why did Cedric turn bad' , ' why did retribution turn yhe lights out' and 'did you see that Claymore' haopen regularly. She buys into it all. She think Nia is an unstoppable force, that Cesaro and Nakanura are a big deal and that Murphy had it coming.

What a mark.

Only joking! I can't remember the last thing in wrestling that caught my wonder. Maybe Becky in the main event of Mania. That was great but unfortunately I'm always looking at wrestling through a cynical lense these days.

For sure when I was a kid I loved the mad incoherent Warrior, Savage promos and now I often wonder how internet fans would have slammed them if the internet was around then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's awesome to hear about your daughter enjoying the show! The worry i have is that WWE are incapable of putting on a broadly entertaining show; which alienates everyone, and kids will get sick of it after 2 years. Maybe hooking children for 2 years is the best they can hope for without major changes.

there's so much of it, how much of it does she watch? Is there a saturation point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is Rusev actually doing anything right now? I remember Impact teasing him but haven't heard anything since.

I ask because Retribution's promo has a vibe of "We can't believe you sacked us!" off it, but thats clearly Djokovic and Yim talking, neither whom have been "discarded". If the idea is someone who was sacked comes back and leads a stable of people, including NXT people, fine. But if it's just NXT guys, then it feels a little weak. Rusev feels the level of guy who could lead such a group easily though.
    Miro in AEW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Thanks for the spoiler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Raw ratings down from 1.896 million this week to 1.725 million this week, which is also a 31% drop in viewers compared to the corresponding episode in 2019.

Have the recent additions of Retribution, Shane's fight club, the wider Mysterio family becoming active participants in the action and the bells and whistles of the Thunderdome helped, or are they just a flimsy plaster covering the real issue - the horrible writing and atrocious story-lines that plague the show?

Raw ratings down from 1.896 million this week to 1.725 million this week, which is also a 31% drop in viewers compared to the corresponding episode in 2019.

Have the recent additions of Retribution, Shane's fight club, the wider Mysterio family becoming active participants in the action and the bells and whistles of the Thunderdome helped, or are they just a flimsy plaster covering the real issue - the horrible writing and atrocious story-lines that plague the show?

Raw underground is not gonna being in viewers. Infact Id argue that and Retribution may drive viewers away as they have both misfired.

Zero direction with both

I dont mind Dominik and Fam. Hes actually very decent for someone so green loved his sliding sunset powerbomb through the table. Murphy made his look great

Keith vs. Drew happening on Raw but no doubt Randy will be around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Drew v Lee on Raw? Why are they giving this match away rather than save it for a PPV? I expect some sort of shenanigans or this match won’t even happen and they’ll end tagging against someone like Seth and Murphy

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Drew v Lee on Raw? Why are they giving this match away rather than save it for a PPV? I expect some sort of shenanigans or this match won’t even happen and they’ll end tagging against someone like Seth and Murphy
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Keith vs. Drew happening on Raw but no doubt Randy will be around

RKO out of nowhere
    RKO out of nowhere

Ah, so it's in your face

feel let down that only up to now Raw has never been 'in my face'

seriously wtf is wrong with WWE

They're just throwing taglines around randomly now.

Clash of Champions is now Clash of Champions: Gold Rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    seriously wtf is wrong with WWE

Loads

Omackeral wrote: »
    Loads

Wish you had chosen a different word, because seeing "Loads" and "In your face" in the space of a couple posts is very wrong. :eek:

Will Mandy be competing tonight and will she actually get a bit of a push?
    No one to refer to her as God's Greatest Creation. Though if they're starting to push Peyton, Mandy's will have to wait.

Why is it that when I'm trying to think of any feuds outside of Randy/Drew/Lee, I just think of Smackdown? I guess we have the Hurt Business.

Wish you had chosen a different word, because seeing "Loads" and "In your face" in the space of a couple posts is very wrong. :eek:

Will Mandy be competing tonight and will she actually get a bit of a push?
    No one to refer to her as God's Greatest Creation. Though if they're starting to push Peyton, Mandy's will have to wait.

Why is it that when I'm trying to think of any feuds outside of Randy/Drew/Lee, I just think of Smackdown? I guess we have the Hurt Business.

we're getting the seeds of an Angel vs Andrade fued and we have all that tag team title stuff

how random Dolph Ziggler on commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm already sick of ziggler on commentary...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement