Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rusev is salty...

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/818683482738225153

A shame that they seem to be making intimidating brutes like Rusev and KO goofball heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    You know what i dont think a match with braun and roman would be bad. i say it would be a good match but they will make it all about roman trying to overcome the odds and the build up and story will be terrible.

Roman will never be the the top guy ever. i think we all have said it a hundred time that a heel turn is what he needs and honestly i think the entire show would improve hugely.

hes not even getting great reactions either way half the time. this isnt the same reactions cena was getting. people wanted cena at the top when he was coming up it wasn't until he moved to raw that crowds turned against him

Anyone who goes against Roman - Gotta make Roman look strong..

To the fans, Roman will never be THE GUY, but in Vince's mind, well let's not even ponder that line of thought..

Maybe Roman being forced on the fans has them burned out.. At least with Cena, you know what side of the divide you were on..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rusev really needs to be pushed to the moon.

theyve finally got a foreign monster who has a personality and can go in the ring he should be at main event level easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If Roman gets squashed by Braun at WM, im all on board with that. Imagine the pop

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

sky88 wrote: »
    Rusev really needs to be pushed to the moon.

theyve finally got a foreign monster who has a personality and can go in the ring he should be at main event level easily.

Definitely. Imagine a properly booked heel foreigner stable like Bullet Club, with him as the ring leader. Sky would be the limit.

Of course, it'd end up a neutered job-squad like LON, but one can only dream...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also are they building slowly to a Sasha v Steph match? If so god helps us

beakerjoe wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They've just run out of male wrestlers for her to demean.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I would have no problem with Steph vs Sasha. At least it's a feud that Steph could FINALLY get her comeuppance in...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Steph & Reigns are killing the show slowly each week.

On sad enough note Mick Foley really doesn't look healthy all the years of crazy bumps are catching up on him.

You could him see visibly limping and in pain as well.

He say he has no health insurance to cover the cost of the hip replacement but surly he is a millionaire many times over and could easily afford the money to pay for the operation which would cost in or around $100k or is he cheapskating his health like he cheapskated everything else in his life I wonder.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I would have no problem with Steph vs Sasha. At least it's a feud that Steph could FINALLY get her comeuppance in...

Yeah I'd agree. She did eat an accidental spear at WM32, but in this scenario the fans would actually be rooting for her opponent.

Gonna call it now - Steph and Jax vs. Ronda and Sasha

He say he has no health insurance to cover the cost of the hip replacement but surly he is a millionaire many times over and could easily afford the money to pay for the operation which would cost in or around $100k or is he cheapskating his health like he cheapskated everything else in his life I wonder.

Has to be this. The chap probably still has his communion money. Maybe he's holding out for WWE to pay for it, somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I don't want to see the match but at least that would give her character a reason to go on like she does. Building to a big pay off when she gets her comeuppance but it won't be.

On screen steph really needs to cut back her "I'm the boss and there's nothing you can do stick". It's the complete opposite of what she should be doing. She should be helping get others over instead she just undermines them.

I loved when taker was speaking in the ring and said he answers to no one and then walked over to steph and made a point of saying straight to her face "no one".

A little bit of me wants to believe that taker seen the way she just spoke to Sasha and Bayley and decided he would put her back in her place in front of everyone.

I don't want to see the match but at least that would give her character a reason to go on like she does. Building to a big pay off when she gets her comeuppance but it won't be.

On screen steph really needs to cut back her "I'm the boss and there's nothing you can do stick". It's the complete opposite of what she should be doing. She should be helping get others over instead she just undermines them.

I loved when taker was speaking in the ring and said he answers to no one and then walked over to steph and made a point of saying straight to her face "no one".

A little bit of me wants to believe that taker seen the way she just spoke to Sasha and Bayley and decided he would put her back in her place in front of everyone.

I noticed that too and it got me thinking, could The Undertaker, within reason do as he pleases without any repercussions from Vince/anyone in power backstage.

It isn't her though, it's the character she's given to play. I've heard former writers comment on how pleasant she is to work with, and the heel shtick is just a gimmick. It's just so lazily done with no focus on where it's going. Then they wheel her out as the face of things like Connor's Cure or the Women's Revolution and you just can't get behind these things at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When doing the presser today to announce WM was returning to New Orleans Steph walked out to her theme music and the first thing she said was Yes that's my entrance music and I play a villain for those of you don't know.

But's it's very tiresome villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched a clip of Braun strowman and Seth rollins getting into a fight from raw last night. That's fair enough but Jesus h Christ Stephanie was screaming like a fish wife near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Neil3030 wrote: »
    It isn't her though, it's the character she's given to play. I've heard former writers comment on how pleasant she is to work with, and the heel shtick is just a gimmick. It's just so lazily done with no focus on where it's going. Then they wheel her out as the face of things like Connor's Cure or the Women's Revolution and you just can't get behind these things at all.

She's great at generating heat on herself, I'll give her that.

I just hate the way she interacts with all the talent. They always leave a segment with her as the loser.

100% agree on the outside the ring stuff. If you want to have her as the face of the company for charity, take her off screen. Have her only appear with her GM every now and again and stop having her as a heel putting down the talent when there's no pay off coming.

When doing the presser today to announce WM was returning to New Orleans Steph walked out to her theme music and the first thing she said was Yes that's my entrance music and I play a villain for those of you don't know.

But's it's very tiresome villain.

It's past tiresome at this point.

I just hate the way she interacts with all the talent. They always leave a segment with her as the loser.

100% agree on the outside the ring stuff. If you want to have her as the face of the company for charity, take her off screen. Have her only appear with her GM every now and again and stop having her as a heel putting down the talent when there's no pay off coming.

Do you know what I also think contributes massively to it - the 3 hours they need to fill on Raw. Take last night - how easy could they have had Michael Cole say "We've just been informed that following the confrontation between Sasha, Bayley, Jax and Charlotte, Stephanie McMahon has booked a match..."

But instead, to kill 2 minutes, they instead have a segment where they go into her office. They then need to make it meaningful, so Stephanie acts heel. Next week they will probably find themselves in a similar situation and it could go either way, will she be heel or nice... meh, flip a coin, kill another 2 minutes either way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I didn't actually realise that the US title match was a handicap match, cause I just saw a picture of Jericho with the title. It took two men (plus a 3 on 1 beatdown earlier on), one of whom is the main bloody champion of the show, to beat Roman ****ing Reigns. It's long past a joke at this point how everyone else has to look like utter crap for the sake of one man who even the Rock couldn't get over. Pushing Reigns means crippling everyone else so that he can look good, and it's just making me want to see him gone from the company for good.

If WWE put half the effort into people like Rusev or Zayn, we could have a brilliant roster of people that we could really believe could go for a world title at any point. Instead we've got some wet haired git that's about as popular as a fart in an elevator. It's been nearly 3 years, it's not going to happen, just stop ****ting on the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I love that she blamed Foley for the ratings dipping below Smackdown. Thankfully he didn't flub a word or she'd jump all over it.
    I expect she will start standing on a box for the segments with the Women just so she can tower over them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I noticed that too and it got me thinking, could The Undertaker, within reason do as he pleases without any repercussions from Vince/anyone in power backstage.

Pretty much yeah!

So Taker got in Steph's face a little... may we therefore soon see/hear: "TIME TO PLAY THE GAME..."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So Taker got in Steph's face a little... may we therefore soon see/hear: "TIME TO PLAY THE GAME..."

The End of an Era....again.

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The streak is broken, time for HHH to get his win at WM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So if Bayley wins, there's going to be some Bayley/Sasha action? Is this going to be like Edge and Lita?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Good god, that HBK promo was the pits. Rusev somehow managed to salvage it, and was genuinely hilarious given with what he had to work with. Push that man Vince

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sick of Enzo and Cass.

Certified G, Sawft, couple haters ad infinitum. Go away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sick of Enzo and Cass.

Certified G, Sawft, couple haters ad infinitum. Go away.
    At least enzo is entertaining. The new day are the ones that need to go away. How adults enjoy that "who" garbage is beyond me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement