Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

At least enzo is entertaining. The new day are the ones that need to go away. How adults enjoy that "who" garbage is beyond me

Mate if you look at all the WWE programming objectively it's all fairly camp and kid orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mate if you look at all the WWE programming objectively it's all fairly camp and kid orientated.

Except Lesnar, he doesn't give a sh*t about your kids orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so with the UK tournament been on the weekend, does that mean Michael Cole will not be on Raw next monday as he might not be back from the UK in time ???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so with the UK tournament been on the weekend, does that mean Michael Cole will not be on Raw next monday as he might not be back from the UK in time ???

Is the uk tournament live then ? I'd had assumed it was being filmed Friday and Saturday and shown Saturday and Sunday night. I don't know why I assumed it wasnt live.
    I'm assuming triple h will be there and they do have a private jet and raw is in Arkansas next Monday so I'm guessing they've worked out a was he can do raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

That time of the bastard week again.. And 2 weeks away from the Royal Rumble

He's baaaaaaaaaaack

765d84302dbrocklesnar.jpg

Brock Lesnar is back
    Brock Lesnar isn’t prone to staying home and licking his wounds. However, his absence since being defeated by Goldberg in 86 seconds at Survivor Series has led to much speculation about The Beast Incarnate’s mindset going into the Royal Rumble Match, where he’ll face 29 opponents — including Goldberg — for the opportunity to compete in the main event of this year’s WrestleMania in Orlando.

The Anomaly resurfaces on Raw this Monday, and something tells us he’ll be in a particularly foul mood, less than two weeks before he steps inside the ropes for his first televised bout since Survivor Series.

Meet the new faces of Raw
    Chris Jericho made an addition to an altogether different “list” this past Monday night, when he pinned Roman Reigns in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match to win his first United States Championship — the one title that has eluded him since debuting in WWE back in 1999 — and joined an elite list of Grand Slam Champions.

Standing alongside WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens, Jericho and The Prizefighter now consider themselves the “faces of Raw.” And if you thought “The Kevin Owens Show” was going strong before, just wait until you see what happens tonight when Jeri-KO keeps their celebration going.

Meanwhile, Roman Reigns, now a former U.S. Champion, must maintain his focus in the lead-up to his WWE Universal Title Match against Owens at Royal Rumble, when Jericho will be feeling a bit less celebratory as he is suspended above the ring in a shark cage. How does The Big Dog’s defeat last week change the complexion of that high-stakes clash in the Alamodome?

Can Bayley and Sasha Banks attain retribution against Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax?
    Bayley and Sasha Banks might have regretted demanding a tag team bout against Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax after The Queen and her formidable ally took advantage of The Boss’ knee injury to double-team Bayley.

The Huggable One has the greatest opportunity of her career when she faces Charlotte for her title at Royal Rumble, so she’ll surely look to bounce back to gain some momentum against The Queen before then. As for Sasha, she surely has some unfinished business with Jax. Bank on it.

Neville aims to claim his crown at Royal Rumble
    It’s official: At Royal Rumble, Neville will challenge Rich Swann for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship to officially ascend to his throne as King of the Cruiserweights.

On 205 Live, Swann picked up a win over Tony Nese, and although the fighting champion was willing to brawl with Neville right then and there, the egotistical challenger instead chose to hold off until Jan. 29 in the Alamodome. But will Neville show the same restraint tonight?

Who’s in the Royal Rumble Match?
    The Royal Rumble Match is still 2 weeks away, but the lineup of Superstars competing in the over-the-top-rope extravaganza is already stacked, including Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Seth Rollins, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, United States Champion Chris Jericho, Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose and The Undertaker.

SKY SPORTS 5 - 1 a.m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours of Triple H returning tonight which started with his tweet last night

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/820766586210545664

Please hunter don't announce you're going to be in the rumble and go on to win it for the second year in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder does Michael Cole get a lift back on the company jet or is he shunted off on a commercial airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wonder does Michael Cole get a lift back on the company jet or is he shunted off on a commercial airline.

He's one of trips right hand men so I say he's on the plane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Where's Raw on tonight ?

Cole could have got a direct flight from London or Manchester to most major US cities and not lose too much in time difference. If not, I'm sure HHH let him on for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Where's Raw on tonight ?

Cole could have got a direct flight from London or Manchester to most major US cities and not lose too much in time difference. If not, I'm sure HHH let him on for a spin.

Arkansas I think. Like others have said he's high up the flow chart in WWE. If trips brought the jet over he's using it to bring the lads home.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Tyler Bate be on RAW tonight with his new belt.

Snuka gets a video package.

Jaysus Emma will be collecting a pension at this stage before she re-debuts.

Tony Nese looks like a mini Sandow.

No way Neville passes a wellness test.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Because I moaned about this a bit last week...

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/821162508480344066

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They are so pathetic sometimes.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Because I moaned about this a bit last week...

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/821162508480344066

i wish they would realise that it these types of stuff that makes it worse for roman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

They definately have loads of plants in the crowd these times to film a load of reaction shots of them.

On a sidenote, the ones in World Of Sport from the other week are far more noticeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Angle going into the hall of fame!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They are so pathetic sometimes.
    sky88 wrote: »
    i wish they would realise that it these types of stuff that makes it worse for roman
    They definately have loads of plants in the crowd these times to film a load of reaction shots of them.

On a sidenote, the ones in World Of Sport from the other week are far more noticeable

There's a guy on the subreddit claiming it was him. He says he wasn't a planet; they just showed different footage during the video package than what actually aired this week, changing his emotions from joy to disbelief :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rollins, Reigns, Jericho and Ownes involved in the opening segment and the main event? Didn't see that coming.

I've seen Emma. She is definitely a woman who does not need weeks of a makeover to look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I enjoyed that Raw but they should change up the main event a bit by now.

The worst thing was Charlotte's promo.Meandering and boring and she seemed to get flustered by the crowd.It looked like she forgot her lines which seems to happen a lot.

She is very overrated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bets on when Emmalina debuts? June 2019, I say.

5 years from now:
    "Why are we still running those promos? We released her 4 years ago"

I'd say I would struggle to name many Raw guys off the top of my head. No disrespect to the Cruiserweights, but how do they get 3 segments on Raw even though they have their own show with 205 Live. One or 2 of thpose segments could've been used by someone else.

This is why I don't really look forward to anyone else coming up from NXT.
    Like if Tye Dillinger came up now, where would they put him?

As it stands both the main title and midcard title are used in the main event and not in a way that promtes the US title. Just used as a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

That cage is just plain stupid.

Rollins as a face is stupid.

Of course they couldn't let Roman lose the U.S Championship clean instead they had to have a 2 on 1 handicap match and will go on and be main event at wrestle mania probably. Vince McMahon must masturbate to Roman Reigns at night.

Charlotte is just plain bad, her promos make me vomit.

New Day badly need a heel turn.

Another Reigns, Rollins, Owens, Jericho segment.

Destroying Owens pairing him with Jericho as a best friend. Everytime I see them together I think of this.

I thought this was new era, makes me want to bang my head off the wall. Vince McMahon you should be ashamed,

I do like Smackdown though!

So did Emma turn up at Raw every week only to be cut in a Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon type way? Is she doing house shows even?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So did Emma turn up at Raw every week only to be cut in a Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon type way? Is she doing house shows even?

She's been special guest referee for a few women's matches at them but hasn't actually wrestled at them as far as I know.

• Advertisement

At this rate when emma eventually debuts shes going to just come out to the tron and say nothing and walk away ala jericho of a few years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement