Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Amazing how RR was the "in thing" when he was in the Shield, getting massive pops, breaking Royal Rumble records and now? Yikes.
    Because his flaws were well hidden, and back then he didn't drag a vast majority of the roster backwards for the sake of making him look good. He never should have broken that record though (said as a Kane fan :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

If Reigns wins I cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just watched the go home Raw.... my word it was the worst go home Raw in recent memory for me, it was just a filler show with nothing really fresh happening.

The positives are also negatives. Big Shows return was nice. He looked well and healthy in his Kurt Angle singlet but I have no interest in a Big show Strowman feud or even a Shaq Big Show Mania match.

Bayley and Charlottes talking segments were good, but there is very little heat between these two yet, the feud needs more fire.

Nice to see Sami getting a rub of Seth, even if it wasnt clean.

The rest was garabge

Man that pop for HHH though, deafening. Says a lot about how they book the young stars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder if tonight's Raw could have a post-Wrestlemania Raw feel to it? 52,000 at the Rumble last night, guessing there was a decent international flavour to the audience and I assume Raw will be in Texas again tonight at a smaller venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Rollins and Steph will be talking about HHH. Have they ever said why HHH did what he did? Be great if it was a NXT vs main roster thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

actually looking forward to Raw and SD this week

I doubt guys like Goldberg, Lesner, Taker are going to be on it tonight ??

could Finn return tonight ???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why was Goldberg bleeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why was Goldberg bleeding?

Last week? He headbutted a locker room door during his entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Last week? He headbutted a locker room door during his entrance.

Yes really? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He was supposedly concussed from it. Remember he forgot his simple line 3 times. Good aul Crazy Bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Stephanie McMahon to address Seth Rollins face-to-face
    Seth Rollins has wanted a piece of Triple H ever since The Game cost The Architect the WWE Universal Championship back in August and his music cost Rollins his Royal Rumble Match opportunity on Raw. At NXT TakeOver: San Antonio, Rollins attacked The Game on his home turf by hijacking the broadcast to confront The King of Kings.

Triple H has responded that there’s a big difference between the “creator” of WWE NXT and the “destroyer” that is The Cerebral Assassin. Following that threat issued by her husband late Saturday night, Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon has announced that she’ll address Rollins face-to-face on Raw. What punishment awaits The Architect? Will he be fined, suspended or worse?

Brock Lesnar suffers second humiliation at the hands of Goldberg
    Brock Lesnar seemed unstoppable during the Royal Rumble Match … until Goldberg entered the bout, Speared The Beast Incarnate and sent him tumbling over the top rope. Just as he did at Survivor Series, Goldberg made short work of one of the most powerful Superstars in WWE history.

Judging by Lesnar’s face after being dumped to the floor, he was just as surprised as the WWE Universe last night in San Antonio. Goldberg would be eliminated by The Undertaker just a few minutes later, but something tells us he still has some unfinished business with Lesnar—or, more accurately, Lesnar has some unfinished business with him.

The Monster Among Men gives The Prizefighter an assist
    As United States Champion Chris Jericho channeled Richard Dreyfus from “Jaws” last night at Royal Rumble, locked in a shark cage high above the ring, the ravenous Braun Strowman attacked like a great white below, driving Roman Reigns through a table and allowing Kevin Owens to retain the WWE Universal Championship.

Is The Monster Among Men in league with The Prizefighter? Why exactly did Strowman help Owens dismantle The Big Dog? Hopefully, the WWE Universe will learn the truth behind the behemoth’s actions tonight.

The “good brothers” score a controversial win
    Even though two referees were assigned to last night’s Raw Tag Team Championship Match pitting Sheamus & Cesaro against Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, the challengers were nevertheless able to steal a victory last night during the Royal Rumble Kickoff and become Team Red’s top tandem.

With the Raw Tag Team Titles in tow, the so-called “good brothers” will no doubt boast about their questionable win tonight on Raw. Will The Celtic Warrior and The Swiss Superman retaliate or, following their post-elimination argument during the Royal Rumble Match, is their alliance finished?

“The Queen of pay-per-view” goes 16-0
    Lifelong WWE Universe member Bayley’s childhood dream nearly came to fruition last night at Royal Rumble, but it was Charlotte Flair who left the Alamodome with the Raw Women’s Championship around her waist, and her undefeated streak in championship matches on pay-per-view intact.

Now that The Queen has turned back the determined Bayley, who will be next to challenge her rule at the top of the Raw Women’s division? Will The Huggable One continue to pursue the title? Find out tonight.

The King of the Cruiserweights ascends to the throne
    Neville has been a king in his own mind for several weeks. Last night at Royal Rumble, though, his reign officially began when he made Rich Swann submit to the Rings of Saturn and became the new WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Now that he is officially the undisputed King of the Cruiserweights, how will Neville celebrate his first Raw as royalty?

Ye know the channel and time by now..

Raw starts at 12pm according to my virgin TV guide

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Raw starts at 12pm according to my virgin TV guide

It's the usual time of 1 am Tuesday morning on Sky Sports 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Stephanie McMahon to address Seth Rollins face-to-face
    Seth Rollins has wanted a piece of Triple H ever since The Game cost The Architect the WWE Universal Championship back in August and his music cost Rollins his Royal Rumble Match opportunity on Raw. At NXT TakeOver: San Antonio, Rollins attacked The Game on his home turf by hijacking the broadcast to confront The King of Kings.

Triple H has responded that there’s a big difference between the “creator” of WWE NXT and the “destroyer” that is The Cerebral Assassin. Following that threat issued by her husband late Saturday night, Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon has announced that she’ll address Rollins face-to-face on Raw. What punishment awaits The Architect? Will he be fined, suspended or worse?

Brock Lesnar suffers second humiliation at the hands of Goldberg
    Brock Lesnar seemed unstoppable during the Royal Rumble Match … until Goldberg entered the bout, Speared The Beast Incarnate and sent him tumbling over the top rope. Just as he did at Survivor Series, Goldberg made short work of one of the most powerful Superstars in WWE history.

Judging by Lesnar’s face after being dumped to the floor, he was just as surprised as the WWE Universe last night in San Antonio. Goldberg would be eliminated by The Undertaker just a few minutes later, but something tells us he still has some unfinished business with Lesnar—or, more accurately, Lesnar has some unfinished business with him.

The Monster Among Men gives The Prizefighter an assist
    As United States Champion Chris Jericho channeled Richard Dreyfus from “Jaws” last night at Royal Rumble, locked in a shark cage high above the ring, the ravenous Braun Strowman attacked like a great white below, driving Roman Reigns through a table and allowing Kevin Owens to retain the WWE Universal Championship.

Is The Monster Among Men in league with The Prizefighter? Why exactly did Strowman help Owens dismantle The Big Dog? Hopefully, the WWE Universe will learn the truth behind the behemoth’s actions tonight.

The “good brothers” score a controversial win
    Even though two referees were assigned to last night’s Raw Tag Team Championship Match pitting Sheamus & Cesaro against Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, the challengers were nevertheless able to steal a victory last night during the Royal Rumble Kickoff and become Team Red’s top tandem.

With the Raw Tag Team Titles in tow, the so-called “good brothers” will no doubt boast about their questionable win tonight on Raw. Will The Celtic Warrior and The Swiss Superman retaliate or, following their post-elimination argument during the Royal Rumble Match, is their alliance finished?

“The Queen of pay-per-view” goes 16-0
    Lifelong WWE Universe member Bayley’s childhood dream nearly came to fruition last night at Royal Rumble, but it was Charlotte Flair who left the Alamodome with the Raw Women’s Championship around her waist, and her undefeated streak in championship matches on pay-per-view intact.

Now that The Queen has turned back the determined Bayley, who will be next to challenge her rule at the top of the Raw Women’s division? Will The Huggable One continue to pursue the title? Find out tonight.

The King of the Cruiserweights ascends to the throne
    Neville has been a king in his own mind for several weeks. Last night at Royal Rumble, though, his reign officially began when he made Rich Swann submit to the Rings of Saturn and became the new WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Now that he is officially the undisputed King of the Cruiserweights, how will Neville celebrate his first Raw as royalty?

Ye know the channel and time by now..

To me that preview is saying: Why the **** would you even consider watching Raw?

To me that preview is saying: Why the **** would you even consider watching Raw?

I just copy and paste it from WWE's website.

But yeah, it screams - Watch the good bits, Fast Forward the rest.

I don't see any good bits. Raw couldn't get any more stale now. Same old crap every week. Wrestlemania is looking bad this year.

I don't see any good bits. Raw couldn't get any more stale now. Same old crap every week. Wrestlemania is looking bad this year.

I can see Steph doing her usual when she *confronts Rollins face to face..

*Makes him look like a doofus.

Stephanie's act needs to go. It's been too long. I'm sure Trips will be there since the football season is done, and he can attribute a slight ratings increase to his presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rollins to curb stomp Stephanie to lure HHH out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No mention of Reigns apart from in Braun's bit? I expect Reigns to be on the beginning and end in that case.
    And if Reigns is goiing to feud with Braun, Rollins with HHH, who will Owens and Jericho feud with?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rollins to curb stomp Stephanie to lure HHH out.

Pedigree

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No mention of Reigns apart from in Braun's bit? I expect Reigns to be on the beginning and end in that case.
    And if Reigns is goiing to feud with Braun, Rollins with HHH, who will Owens and Jericho feud with?

Each other? It's a ready made feud, someone just needs to turn..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Each other? It's a ready made feud, someone just needs to turn..

Jericho is already closer to babyface than heel.

Mind, the rumour is that Fastlane's main event is Owens vs
    Goldberg
    . I'd imagine they'll wait till after that, then have Owens attack Jericho and have the two feud for the US title.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jericho is already closer to babyface than heel.

Mind, the rumour is that Fastlane's main event is Owens vs
    Goldberg
    . I'd imagine they'll wait till after that, then have Owens attack Jericho and have the two feud for the US title.

And if Owens attacks Jericho, it's a great way to write Jericho off television so he can go tour with Fozzy.

So it's Ko vs Strowman for the title tonight

Can see either Reigns or lesner costing strowman the title

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Braun Strowman there.

Comes out, keeps the chat to a minimum, straight to the point, tells KO he'll break him in half after being booked strongly since the split.

This is how you book a monster. No 'suffering succotash' or anything to try appeal to the kids like they did with Reigns. It's not like they didn't think highly of Strowman and then he got himself over ala Bryan, either.

Imagine they had booked Reigns this way, you know, like everyone bar Vince seemed to think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Can someone put me in the loop on what those armbands are that the lads are wearing? Has some sort of 'saints' emblem on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can someone put me in the loop on what those armbands are that the lads are wearing? Has some sort of 'saints' emblem on it.

To pay respects to the victims of the Quebec shooting yesterday.

Is Aries going to actually wrestle again ???

Maybe Nigel Mcguiness might take his commentary spot on the 205 matches when he returns to the ring

• Advertisement

A bit heelish there from Rollins mentioning triple h/Steph's kids

I hope we see the triple h of old when he shows up and beats the crap out of Rollins, I hope we see the type of confrontation where the whole locker room has too come out and separate them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement