Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Who knows..

There was some talk that he was trying to get cleared for the Rumble so he mustn't be too far away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/samoajoe/status/826818114289545218

This should be the birth of a new top level monster...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pretty sure Balor will be ready for Mania. That was a realistic target date for him.

If Rollins is injured, the match I'd do in its place is HHH & Samoa Joe vs Nakamura and Finn Balor. I don't think it would be tough to set up. Have Joe do a few promos leading into Fast Lane about how he bested Rollins just like he did Nakamura in NXT. Have him lay down an open challenge at the PPV for anyone to try and take him out - debut Nakamura at the show and have it end in a big pull apart brawl - no need for a finish as the fans will be happy enough seeing Nakamura debut on the main roster.

Next few weeks leading into Mania have HHH and Joe feuding with Nakamura. The Authority then lays down a challenge to him to find a partner for Mania. A week or two before Mania, lights go out, Balor appears and says he will fight alongside his friend. Boom. There's your replacement match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pretty sure Balor will be ready for Mania. That was a realistic target date for him.

If Rollins is injured, the match I'd do in its place is HHH & Samoa Joe vs Nakamura and Finn Balor. I don't think it would be tough to set up. Have Joe do a few promos leading into Fast Lane about how he bested Rollins just like he did Nakamura in NXT. Have him lay down an open challenge at the PPV for anyone to try and take him out - debut Nakamura at the show and have it end in a big pull apart brawl - no need for a finish as the fans will be happy enough seeing Nakamura debut on the main roster.

Next few weeks leading into Mania have HHH and Joe feuding with Nakamura. The Authority then lays down a challenge to him to find a partner for Mania. A week or two before Mania, lights go out, Balor appears and says he will fight alongside his friend. Boom. There's your replacement match.

That would be great. Guaranteed it won't happen then though. Probably get HHH vs Shane McMahon instead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't like the idea of all 3 of them (joe, balor and nak) all on Raw aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I don't like the idea of all 3 of them (joe, balor and nak) all on Raw aswell

neither do I but if it gets new (to raw/sd) wrestlers in main title scene I would be for it. In recent months We have had Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler, Ambrose and Miz in the title scene on both shows. Strowman and Corbin have been newer wrestlers in main title scene. In all honesty if Joe and Nakamura are on RAW I would be hoping when Seth is back both he and Roman go and join Dean on SD for a while reuinte the shield and have a Shield/Wyatt vs Raw match at Survivor Series.

Its never gonna happen but we can dream right??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So after debuting at the Rumble, where is Tye going or is he back to NXT?
    He wasn't on Raw which I thought might be the case with him wearing red at the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So after debuting at the Rumble, where is Tye going or is he back to NXT?
    He wasn't on Raw which I thought might be the case with him wearing red at the Rumble.

I saw a news report saying he is staying on NXT. Just used him to get the pop for no 10 in the rumble. Just threw him in there which was a bit cynical really

I saw a news report saying he is staying on NXT. Just used him to get the pop for no 10 in the rumble. Just threw him in there which was a bit cynical really

They didn't have much choice; the crowd wanted him badly.

Rusev did similiar, in that he debuted at a Rumble then went back to NXT for a few weeks. Given we also had Gallagher in it, I like the idea that the Rumble simply let NXT send a guy to represent them in the match, as opposed to it was his an actual main roster call up at a time when they won't focus on him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭colmufc

Ya he's back to nxt for the next few months , it's possible they want to put him in the nxt title picture , also I see nak going to sd which would be great against aj or even nak v miz , could you imagine how over he could get beating the living **** out of the miz

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They didn't have much choice; the crowd wanted him badly.

WWE's motto: Always give the crowd what they want

WWE's motto: Always give the crowd what they want, provided what they want is Roman Reigns

Fixed that for you :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I still have no idea who this Tye guy is, other than that he has an affinity for the number 10

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I still have no idea who this Tye guy is, other than that he has an affinity for the number 10

That's literally all his gimmick is. It's dumb as f*ck.

It's also over as f*ck. I love it :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not Raw related but...I think he is also doing the can't win the big one thing. I dislike his weird giant collar and no.10 square on his back geat that he wears to the ring (even though im fine with the 10 gimmick it just looks terrible imo). Personally I think he may be an NXT champ in the future (once the mega stars like Nakamura etc are gone), and maybe the guy who eventually beats Bobby Roode (in like 3 takeovers time).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Not Raw related but...I think he is also doing the can't win the big one thing. I dislike his weird giant collar and no.10 square on his back geat that he wears to the ring (even though im fine with the 10 gimmick it just looks terrible imo). Personally I think he may be an NXT champ in the future (once the mega stars like Nakamura etc are gone), and maybe the guy who eventually beats Bobby Roode (in like 3 takeovers time).

At my last count hes already been in development 10 years on, its really hard to see him as anything other than enhancement talent after the buzz dies down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think guys like tye, eric young and a few others may stay on NXT and never be called up as NXT really is a brand now.

i would have said the same for roode but with how over he has gotten cant see him not being on smackdown sometime this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    At my last count hes already been in development 10 years on, its really hard to see him as anything other than enhancement talent after the buzz dies down

If anything that could play into the whole never won the big one type thing he's got going. I think he was always lacking a hook and even though this maybe is only a very limited one the crowd love him and iirc he was always highly rated in terms of his in ring ability in developmental he just never made the step up. Not expecting him to be a huge star or anything but maybe around the pre Survivor series takeover he could have a title match against Roode and we would see his story culminate by him winning the big one and the NXT title allowing Roode to move to main. I'd only expect him to be a transitional NXT champion and whoever their new star is could beat him at the following takeover before he moves to SD to peak as an IC title contender.

anyway we are well off topic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If anything that could play into the whole never won the big one type thing he's got going. I think he was always lacking a hook and even though this maybe is only a very limited one the crowd love him and iirc he was always highly rated in terms of his in ring ability in developmental he just never made the step up. Not expecting him to be a huge star or anything but maybe around the pre Survivor series takeover he could have a title match against Roode and we would see his story culminate by him winning the big one and the NXT title allowing Roode to move to main. I'd only expect him to be a transitional NXT champion and whoever their new star is could beat him at the following takeover before he moves to SD to peak as an IC title contender.

anyway we are well off topic now.

Ive never seen anything amazing from him. Any matches I've seen are either too short or against fairly average guys in the ring(EY/Roode). So my jury is still out on him.

If he was to make the jump to Raw or even Smackdown, Id say he would go the way of other NXT acts like the vaudevillians, Tyler Breeze and others, and be given zip on the main roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's literally all his gimmick is. It's dumb as f*ck.

It's also over as f*ck. I love it :pac:
    To be fair, they came up with a great explanation for it in the promo for his Takeover Toronto match

• Advertisement

The TEN chants in NXT Dublin were so much fun. <3 Tye. He won't ever be the top guy, but not everyone needs to be.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The TEN chants in NXT Dublin were so much fun. <3 Tye. He won't ever be the top guy, but not everyone needs to be.

He seems like a really cool guy and has obviously never rocked the boat. I seem to remember one poster on here getting upset because we were all chatting about how hot the women were and he/she "wasn't allowed" talk about how hot Tye was with his pert buttocks etc!

Pentecost wrote: »
    He seems like a really cool guy and has obviously never rocked the boat. I seem to remember one poster on here getting upset because we were all chatting about how hot the women were and he/she "wasn't allowed" talk about how hot Tye was with his pert buttocks etc!

Exclusive: Tye's new gimmick to sit on the floor and do Rock The Boat during his matches.

Exclusive: Tye's new gimmick to sit on the floor and do Rock The Boat during his matches.

:D Class you made me actually LOL man

So in Seth's absence, who do you think will fill the spot? I'd say they'll use Sami since it's a temporary thing and has history with Strowman for all the tag matches Reigns will have against him. Not that Reigns needs a tag partner.
    They could try and push Cass.
    Personally I think it's time Big Show got a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Rusev Owens would be great!

Cesaro strowman would be great!

Taker vs triple H would be great!

I should becpme a writer for WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jodotman wrote: »
    Rusev Owens would be great!

Cesaro strowman would be great!

Taker vs triple H would be great!

I should becpme a writer for WWE!

First 2 are good ideas. But Taker/Triple H, been done multiple times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

WWE's motto: Always give the crowd what they want

By they of course you mean WWE! "It could go on forever" is very scary in this news report.
    For at least two years now, the WWE have given Roman Reigns a hard push when it comes to booking, putting him in the main event of pay-per-views whenever they can as they desire him to become the next John Cena and face of the company.
    Despite their efforts, however, The Big Dog has not exactly been a hit with the fans, and sometimes they even boo at the sight of him on WWE programming. The push clearly isn't working the way the company thought it would.
    Generally, if a superstar can't get over in the desired way, WWE would stop the push and move onto someone else. Yet, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Reigns' push is not going to be stopping anytime soon despite the bad reaction to his booking. In fact, it could go on forever.
    Now please thank this post and WWE as Roman is here for you.....:pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9KsY4WYtoXrhbxg1SkCjUFbSDDkcdi2IU95ZDeoefx8f3KxUivQjk7w7O

Part of that news report confused me:
    "sometimes they even boo at the sight of him on WWE programming"

Do they only watch sometimes or have the volume turned down every other time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement