Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Oh ****, where'd you see that?

That's the only way to do it to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

just watching raw now. a bit meh so far. I like Joe though so main event should be whatever is just above meh. Right now there is nothing making me stay up to watch WM to be fair. I hope they prove me wrong otherwise its get up early prob 6am and watch it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oh ****, where'd you see that?

Was on Reddit's Squared Circle a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was on Reddit's Squared Circle a few hours ago.

There's burials and then there's that

He might not have had the best of runs but he still deserves better than that, part of the reason Brock lost so quickly to Goldberg at Survivor Series was that he didn't take him seriously

No reason an up for a fight KO wouldn't be able to last 7-10 minutes, you can still have Goldberg win somewhat convincingly but how does KO come back from that, an already limp run ended in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would like a proper match which leads Brock into wondering what he's doing wrong. Plus would make Owens look good going a long time against the guy who squashed Brock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think a lengthy match would be a disaster. The WWE run Goldberg had in '03-'04 was poor precisely because WWE changed the formula that had worked in WCW - whoop ass quickly. The only time they got Goldberg right was in the Chamber match but then Super Hunter, injured leg and all, had to ruin it by getting the win via a sledgehammer.

The Goldberg vs Owens match needs to be quick and explosive. It doesn't necessarily have to be a burial for Owens. I expect outside interference in some fashion.

I think a lengthy match would be a disaster. The WWE run Goldberg had in '03-'04 was poor precisely because WWE changed the formula that had worked in WCW - whoop ass quickly. The only time they got Goldberg right was in the Chamber match but then Super Hunter, injured leg and all, had to ruin it by getting the win via a sledgehammer.

The Goldberg vs Owens match needs to be quick and explosive. It doesn't necessarily have to be a burial for Owens. I expect outside interference in some fashion.

Brock's music to hit, distract Goldberg, allowing Jericho to run shenanigans, Owens steal a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nah, you need Goldberg really strong going to Mania. 30 seconds to kill Owens. I'm worried now that Roman will be the one to beat Goldberg for the belt, that would be be horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't mean a long match, but one that Owens at least gets some offence in that Goldberg actually sells before a spear outta nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

how exactly is that good for anyone? this part time has been burys owens who is there 24/7 and is the future of the business. and the wwe and "super hunter"didnt ruin him they just ended up highlighting how poor the guy was. if he cared for the industry at all he would have learned more than 3 moves. i mean people slam roman reigns but at least he can put on a decent match, such as with rollins, styles and owens, goldberg couldn't put on a decent match in wcw and sure as hell cant put one on now. i didnt really care for this rematch let alone to see it again they need to sure as hell not put the belt on this farce of a match.

goldberg still looks strong if he has to cheat to beat goldberg just dont use something stupid like a cattle prod and then lay down for y2j :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think theyll do the title switch at fastlane i dont agree with it but if i was doing it have it a no dq match have jericho and ownes double team goldberg for the match. Jericho hits owens with steel chair by accident spear jackhammer from goldberg to win.

Next night on raw have owens viciously attack jericho and you have there match at mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brock's music to hit, distract Goldberg, allowing Jericho to run shenanigans, Owens steal a win.

Theres no logic to that, Brock would be better off hoping for a Goldberg win so he can meet Goldberg for the title.

But I agree Jericho will run in and cause chaos and eat a spear for his troubles.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Theres no logic to that, Brock would be better off hoping for a Goldberg win so he can meet Goldberg for the title.

But I agree Jericho will run in and cause chaos and eat a spear for his troubles.

brock is facing owens at an event in MSG the week after which is scheduled for the title and also rumored to be a wwe network special like road block was last year in theory, i dont have faith this will happen, lesnar costs goldberg the title so that he can win it off owens himself and thus leading to goldberg taking revenge a week later. y2j accepting the goldberg match, and could also have him accept the lesnar match, could lead to owens losing it at him after barely scraping by both with the title leads to then have the best friends face each other with y2j losing the us title at some point prior to it. that for me is a far better pay off than the obvious the title going anywhere near those 2 part timers.

EDIT: have owens accept a challenge from someone for y2j for the us title which y2j ends up losing say rusev? Big E? or even Cass?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

magnumbud wrote: »
    how exactly is that good for anyone? this part time has been burys owens who is there 24/7 and is the future of the business.

Such a has-been that he gets a superstar reaction that 95% of the roster don't get. I don't know if Owens is the future of the business - I doubt it - but right now he's a comedy act.
    magnumbud wrote:
    and the wwe and "super hunter"didnt ruin him they just ended up highlighting how poor the guy was.

No, they ruined him. He is more over in WWE now at fifty because they finally decided to book the guy properly. They could have had this Goldberg a decade ago and at a better age.
    magnumbud wrote:
    if he cared for the industry at all he would have learned more than 3 moves.

The number of moves he uses is irrelevant. If he uses 3 moves and the fans lose their minds over those moves and want to pay money to see those 3 moves then that makes him a bigger deal than 95% of the roster.

The number of moves he uses is irrelevant. If he uses 3 moves and the fans lose their minds over those moves and want to pay money to see those 3 moves then that makes him a bigger deal than 95% of the roster.

i'd rather the matches like styles vs cena, omega vs okada, balor vs rollins than that farce at survivor series match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Such a has-been that he gets a superstar reaction that 95% of the roster don't get. I don't know if Owens is the future of the business - I doubt it - but right now he's a comedy act.

No, they ruined him. He is more over in WWE now at fifty because they finally decided to book the guy properly. They could have had this Goldberg a decade ago and at a better age.

He also knows a he'll of a lot more than 3 moves.
    He's told to go out there and have 90 second matches.

He has some amazing power moves and submission holds.

He also knows a he'll of a lot more than 3 moves.
    He's told to go out there and have 90 second matches.

He has some amazing power moves and submission holds.

an amazing boot too, just ask bret hart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

i'd rather the matches like styles vs cena, omega vs okada, balor vs rollins than that farce at survivor series match

Then you won't be watching WrestleMania I take it?
    Of course you will.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Then you won't be watching WrestleMania I take it?
    Of course you will.

where did you get that idea from did i say i wouldn't? i just wont waste my time watching that farce

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

where did you get that idea from did i say i wouldn't? i just wont waste my time watching that farce

Your whinging about the match & saying you won't watch it. Wrestling isn't all 5 star matches & just cause you say you won't watch it doesn't mean nobody else will watch it. It's going to main event for a reason. Can't say I'm bowled over the card but I'll watch that as it'll be short & sweet on a 8 hour card or however long it is.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Your whinging about the match & saying you won't watch it. Wrestling isn't all 5 star matches & just cause you say you won't watch it doesn't mean nobody else will watch it. It's going to main event for a reason. Can't say I'm bowled over the card but I'll watch that as it'll be short & sweet on a 8 hour card or however long it is.

not expecting every match to be a 5 star match but not interested in 1 star match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

an amazing boot too, just ask bret hart

Yeah I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Burying one of your biggest full time stars to make an already insanely strong looking part time star look stronger is so WWE that it's definitely happening.

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

That time of the bastard week again.. Here's this weeks preview

Bayley to battle Charlotte Flair once more for the Raw Women’s Championship

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho to hold WWE’s first-ever “Festival of Friendship”

Will Strowman’s rampage continue?
    Emmalina makes her debut

Are Enzo Amore & Big Cass in line for a Raw Tag Team Title opportunity?
    Teddy Long
    to be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame

Usual channel & time, the spoiler tags are intentional for those who want to be surpised/hopefully surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm currently sitting in my hotel room across the road from the T Mobile arena, I cannot wait for tonight!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Congratulations to Bayley for her title win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Odds on Emmalina's debut being postponed? Highly likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,560 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Expect a load of tag team matches tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Feel like Sasha turns heel on bayley tonight fatal 4 way at mania with Charlotte and nia.

Bayley the ultimate underdog overcomes the odds at mania.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Feel like Sasha turns heel on bayley tonight fatal 4 way at mania with Charlotte and nia.

Bayley the ultimate underdog overcomes the odds at mania.

Seems the way its going but really think 1 on 1 vs Charlotte is a better story Sasha attacks her raw after mania leading to sashas win 2 years after their amazing nxt takerover Brooklyn match. Theres some amount of money in those 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement