Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would love to know what Vince sees in Reigns.

He's an absolute charisma vacuum. Nothing that comes out of his mouth is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just switched on there, Roman and Stephanie with the worst dialogue ever, I'm out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah I was going to give this Raw a chance but Roman, Stephanie and the terribly booked Gallows and Anderson is enough for me to call it a night already.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,560 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh well another episode of RAW desperately trying to get Reigns over by any means necessary.

I'm out.

If only the ratings reflected this thread, they might do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would love to know what Vince sees in Reigns.

He's an absolute charisma vacuum. Nothing that comes out of his mouth in interesting.

Well he has a great look, often has great matches for a guy his size, and at 31 has the possibility of many years ahead of him in the business.

It's true his verbiage is poor, a fault of their writing team mainly, but he's hardly a charisma vacuum. The revisionists try to deny it but the guy was over in The Shield, played his part well, and had it not been for the attempt to turn him into the cartoonish second coming of John Cena, could have gotten over.

I suspect he will need to turn heel to be rehabilitated which I think is coming soon enough.

Plus it's not just Vince that sees something in him. Triple H is a fan too, as were everyone who took a look at him down in NXT when he came on the scene.

He has great matches booked for him, to get him over. He's nothing special, and probably the worst actor at delivering lines in the company. Yet they just won't give up even though he's a huge failure.

He has great matches booked for him, to get him over. He's nothing special, and probably the worst actor at delivering lines in the company. Yet they just won't give up even though he's a huge failure.

First time I've ever heard a booker being given credit for someone having a great match.

He is something special, but the problem is most fans allow their emotion to cloud their judgement of his potential. If you point out that he was popular in The Shield and was a useful element of the group, revisionists try to pretend that it was only Ambrose and Rollins that made the group work (demonstrably false to anyone who watches the matches back).

If you point out that NXT's beloved godfather HHH is a huge fan of him, as well as many of the top talent scouts in the company, this is ignored as fans try to convince themselves that it's purely Vince - the easy scapegoat - that is to blame for his push.

If you point out that guys like Flair, and Austin, and Jim Ross are fans of his potential, they are dismissed as company men kissing ass.

In short there is no argument that will convince certain fans that the guy has any upside because they are blinded to it by their rage towards him. I get it. His character sucks. He should have turned probably 2 years ago. They persisted with him as a face too long. This is all true. But to say the guy has nothing to offer is just ridiculous. You don't often get guys with his look, and age bracket, and in-ring capability, all rolled into one. Literally all he is missing is that hook with the fans. Some say he will never get it, I say he will when he turns heel.

If the fans don't like it's not their fault. Vince liked the Great Khali too.

Yeah, the Emma stuff is just dumb.

• Advertisement

I thought that Owens/Jericho segment was excellent. I enjoyed the humour and the way they transitioned from the comedy to the more menacing tone right before the attack was beautifully done. Great job from both men. Nice touch with the list gift too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What a main event

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I hope that pop carried well on tv, J have never seen so many people be so behind a wrestler like they were Bailey tonight. The roof blew off the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The festival of friendship was great from start to finish. Can't speak highly enough about it.

I totally buy that Joe talks sh*t about Sami because he thinks he can talk about anyone, Sami sticks up for himself and gives it back to Joe so Joe murders him.

The main event was good tv and a nice moment but I can't switch off the part of my brain that thinks 'you just blew the mania match you fools.'

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

I'm guessing we don't see Jericho until Fastlane where he shows up and costs Owens the title, setting up a match between the two at Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Funny bit from the show ending. Once the tv feed finished, Bailey went backstage and then Reigns music hit to an arena of boos (Seriously, how did his segment sound on tv? Because live I could count on one hand the amount of people cheering him. The heat he got was off the chain). Suddenly, the music goes right back to Bailey again and she runs back to to say goodbye. Was so funny to hear the theories floating around about Reigns needing to use Bailey to get a pop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I said...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Congratulations to Bayley for her title win.

:P

Liked the show overall. The Jericho/Owens segment was great. I did worry at first it came too early; that it should have taken place after Owens lost his title to Goldberg, and Owens snaps as a result of that. But someone on Reddit pointed out that this turn will solidify people behind Goldberg and stop the cheers for Owens, especially if Jericho is involved in the feud.

Not a big fan of any singles competitor getting one over on the tag champs, but at least it made Brawn's destruction of Reigns mean more; here was a guy who stopped the tag champs earlier and he couldn't stop Brawn.

I can't think of many "bad" things about the show. Maybe some minor nitpicks, but overall, enjoyed the show.

thebostoncrab, stories? pictures? Feed us more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''How come my name's on this?''

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Poor Chris.

Really great segment, wish it main evented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Funny bit from the show ending. Once the tv feed finished, Bailey went backstage and then Reigns music hit to an arena of boos (Seriously, how did his segment sound on tv? Because live I could count on one hand the amount of people cheering him. The heat he got was off the chain). Suddenly, the music goes right back to Bailey again and she runs back to to say goodbye. Was so funny to hear the theories floating around about Reigns needing to use Bailey to get a pop.

would have been funny if she came out wearing roman esque gear like at the live event when she came out doing finn balors entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭colmufc

Really pissed baley wins on a screw finish and to have sasha help goes against eveything she has been doing for the last few weeks
    So flair wins it back again at fast lane and Bailey beats her at mania in a possible 4 way , hopefully in a clean finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

colmufc wrote: »
    Really pissed baley wins on a screw finish and to have sasha help goes against eveything she has been doing for the last few weeks
    So flair wins it back again at fast lane and Bailey beats her at mania in a possible 4 way , hopefully in a clean finish

could see sasha turn on her next week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man, Charlotte will soon be beating her old man for title reigns, if she keeps going the way she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭colmufc

magnumbud wrote: »
    could see sasha turn on her next week

Should have done it last night and have sasha admit she can't beat charlotte next week in a sit down with cole
    I'm overbooking now sorry but as much as I love those 3 women for what they do tgere given such bad storyline
    Fo me the 4 horse women are 4 of the top 10 wrestlers in the world not just the wwe
    They're ring awarness is awesome , the bump Bailey took into the bottom rope was horrible looking but precision personified, the 4 of them have corner bumping down to a tee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pretty meaningless title reign awaits if the last year is anything to go by. Wouldn't be shocked if Nia wins it too.
    Expected the crowd to be louder for the beatdown of Jericho. Should have happened a few months ago tho. Doesn't feel like a Mania main event tbh but I've felt that way before this angle

The Festival of Friendship was WWE at their absolute best.

"Why is my name on this?" The reveal of the list of KO and Owens dead-eyed stare was just brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I look forward to Charlotte winning back the title at Fastlane. Reigns can still just f*ck off, and not sure what the point of the Emmalina thing was. The Jericho/Owens segment just makes me more sure that Owens is dropping the title to Goldberg, which kinda sucks. The segment itself was good at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

would have preferred the end to jeriKO to happen after KO dropped the title if that's the way they are planning to go.

Other than that I think Bailey should have won the title on a PPV rather than on Raw. The Queen of PPV (this should not be a thing) will get it back soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i really loved the whole segment with jericho and owens they both played it perfectly.

i loved the little callback to when jericho betrayed shawn michaels and smashed his head through the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think Charlotte is winning / retaining at Mania. I think the unbeaten PPV streak will keep going especially now that Bailey's big moment of finally winning the title is off the table unless they tell such an amazing story in the next several weeks so as to justify taking away that PPV streak with Bailey retaining or winning a 2nd title.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement