Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Officer999 wrote: »
    I'm guessing we don't see Jericho until Fastlane where he shows up and costs Owens the title, setting up a match between the two at Mania

I'd be surprised if they softened a Goldberg win in any way by having Jericho interfere. I fear Owens won't be getting any favours in that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

They could have Brock interfere but the Jericho even it up somewhat. As ridiculous as that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd just have Owens attack Goldberg with a chair while he's making his entrance. Have him beat on him for a while. Then there's a big commotion as Jericho rushes through the crowd into the ring and the two end up in a big brawl. As the ref gets Jericho out of there, he rings the bell to start the match, Owens screams at Jericho from the ring then turns around back towards Goldberg and eats a spear and then a jackhammer for the 1-2-3.

Goldberg still wins quickly and is kept strong as he recovers from the earlier sneak attack, while Owens can blame Jericho on ruining his plan to retain the title.

Going back to Raw, Enzo is truly awful in the ring. I felt bad for Cesaro. They need to stop having Enzo wrestle and just keep him as a mouthpiece. He's becoming a Botchamania regular at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,561 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will KO last longer than 1;26 against Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've noticed Corey Graves likes using Pantera song titles as references when he's talking about Braun Strowman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The Festival of a Friendship segment was almost like the This is Your Life of this era. Absolutely maginificent stuff, with a really heartbreaking end. Can't wait for Jericho vs. Owens at Mania, I have a feeling the build-up is going to be superb.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Festival of a Friendship segment was almost like the This is Your Life of this era. Absolutely maginificent stuff, with a really heartbreaking end. Can't wait for Jericho vs. Owens at Mania, I have a feeling the build-up is going to be superb.

The bit where Kevin gives Jericho the list, and then Kevin attacks Jericho has been dubbed over with Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, well done internet.

Though I was expecting Simon And Garfunkel's Sound Of Silence

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The bit where Kevin gives Jericho the list, and then Kevin attacks Jericho has been dubbed over with Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, well done internet.

Though I was expecting Simon And Garfunkel's Sound Of Silence

Everybody Hurts with the chorus kicking in just as KO attacks him would've been sooooo much better. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Consideing Smackdown is usually better than Raw these days, does this mean Smackdwon will be brilliant tonight?
    This was a pretty good Raw.
    I'm curious what HHH said to Owens. Could hear the confusion in Jericho's voice.

I think Bayley won tonight just so they can have Charlotte win at Fastlane, but with help from Sasha after Sasha comes down to stop Dana again then either turns on Bayley or accidentally costs her. And Bayley wins at Mania, breaking Charlotte's streak. Though we need the Bayley Sasha feud somewhere.
    Was actually just wondering where Dana was these days.

And then we have Emmalina. Her return was so delayed that she's turned already. Did seem really strange.

Braun liftted Henry no problem for the power slam, and I expect the same with Show

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

im going too miss the best friends thing but it was running its course tbh but i thought it would of been Jericho too turn on KO than the other way around. Hopefully theres no goofy side to the y2j vs KO rivilary and its heel Owens vs the cocky suit wearing y2j

I wonder did triple h say something to Owens like 'youre too good for all the goofy stuff with y2j and you should go out on your own'

So will Rollins be back in time for mania ???

See Zayn is going too be feed to Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    i really loved the whole segment with jericho and owens they both played it perfectly.

i loved the little callback to when jericho betrayed shawn michaels and smashed his head through the screen

They were oscar winning

is Triple H setting up a NXT/NXT alumi group ???

Kevin Owens
    Samoa Joe
    Sasha/Nia Jax
    An NXT tag team

Finn Balor will refuse to join and he will form a face Balor Club with Gallows and Anderson, Bayley and maybe add in a big guy like Cass or A face Braun Strowman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is Triple H setting up a NXT/NXT alumi group ???

Kevin Owens
    Samoa Joe
    Sasha/Nia Jax
    An NXT tag team

Finn Balor will refuse to join and he will form a face Balor Club with Gallows and Anderson, Bayley and maybe add in a big guy like Cass or A face Braun Strowman

i was thinking if seth is not 100 percent for mania would they do a tag team match seth/sami vs joe/hhh

hhh having a heel nxt group trying to take over could be a great idea have the revival in as the tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just got around to Raw.

I havent enjoyed Raw by and large for a long time, every good segemnt is usually followed by 5 bad ones. So I havent been looking forward to watch it for some time.

But this week, with no real expectations, the Festival of Friendship segment was wonderful. From start to finish it was a master class. I loved Jerichos initial entrance, he was full of life, pazazz and pure showman ship, it was the ideal way to kick it off and straight away I knew Id love the segment.

The presents were really funny, esp the Gillberg cameo, but the turn by Owens, while predictable was done so well that it didnt matter. It finally made Owens look like a dominant heel and hopefully he will be booked so in the coming weeks. It did so much for Owens and it couldnt have been done better.

I do expect Owens and Goldberg to have a short match, but hopefully Owens will be booked to lose via Jericho interference despite a good battle with Goldberg, than be jobbed out and make look cowardly.

sky88 wrote: »
    i was thinking if seth is not 100 percent for mania would they do a tag team match seth/sami vs joe/hhh

hhh having a heel nxt group trying to take over could be a great idea have the revival in as the tag team.

debut the other part of the group at mania who cost Seth/Sami the match

Triple H (the suit of the group)
    Joe
    Ko
    Revival (Tag team)
    Nia Jax/Charlotte/Heel Sasha as the diva
    Add a crusierweight in too (Austin Aries maybe)

Finn Balor will not join intially but will turn heel sometime in 2018 and join forces

martyos121 wrote: »
    Everybody Hurts with the chorus kicking in just as KO attacks him would've been sooooo much better. :pac:

As much as it hurts, I want to see this damn it.

Also this past Monday, the Owens/Jericho split is up there with Rollins swinging the chair at Reigns & Ambrose..

Kudos/and damn the WWE at the same time for such a great/kick in the feels segment.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    As much as it hurts, I want to see this damn it.

Also this past Monday, the Owens/Jericho split is up there with Rollins swinging the chair at Reigns & Ambrose..

Kudos/and damn the WWE at the same time for such a great/kick in the feels segment.

Its been the best thing to happen to Kevin Owens since beating Cena. He looked like a true violent heel, no cowardly stuff, no nonsense, just put the hurt on his pal. I loved the whole thing.

I esp loved Jerichos entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Meltzer said Raw lost 38% of teenage girls over the course of raw this week. The week before had a drop of 14% for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

really hoping that hhh and/or joe get involved in the UT match at fastlanes to help owens retain

• Registered Users Posts: 23,165 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Meltzer said Raw lost 38% of teenage girls over the course of raw this week. The week before had a drop of 14% for comparison.

Would teenage girls even be a big audience for WWE?

Clearly the break up of Chris and Kevin was too much for them to handle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did he give a specific reason why ? That seems a big drop in one week for a specific demographic. You'd think it wouldn't t drop given that Charlotte and bayley were involved in a title match. Both women would have young girls as fans.

J. Marston wrote: »

Kevin and Chris.

I hope Jericho moves away from the goofy stuff too and reverts back to the Jericho of the late 00's and goes all out to get revenge on KO

I hope they don't go with a comedy angle in which Jericho's trys befriend Owens by doing crazy stuff

Isn't Jericho going back to Fozzyland soon ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I hope Jericho moves away from the goofy stuff too and reverts back to the Jericho of the late 00's and goes all out to get revenge on KO

I hope they don't go with a comedy angle in which Jericho's trys befriend Owens by doing crazy stuff

Isn't Jericho going back to Fozzyland soon ??

Festival gigs start around may so he will disappear after Mania, but we have the build and the mania match to look forward to!

Festival gigs start around may so he will disappear after Mania, but we have the build and the mania match to look forward to!

Prob be back for survivor series or RR 2018 for another short WWE run

Believe it or not he's turning 47 this year so it's hard to knw how long he has left in his wrestling career but (touch wood) he has very suffered very little injurys in his career so that mite stand to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

J. Marston wrote: »

Posted it cos it seems fairly relevant to the efficacy of the main event
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Did he give a specific reason why ? That seems a big drop in one week for a specific demographic. You'd think it wouldn't t drop given that Charlotte and bayley were involved in a title match. Both women would have young girls as fans.
    It was across the show and an absolutely gigantic drop relative to other weeks. Entirely possible there was something huge that appealed to that demo on another channel (and neither Dave Meltzer nor I are likely to be remotely aware of what that even could be) but he viewed it as a pretty bad sign for the women's division.

Posted it cos it seems fairly relevant to the efficacy of the main event

It was across the show and an absolutely gigantic drop relative to other weeks. Entirely possible there was something huge that appealed to that demo on another channel (and neither Dave Meltzer nor I are likely to be remotely aware of what that even could be) but he viewed it as a pretty bad sign for the women's division.

I dont think WWE are hugely worried about ratings these days, while their shows have dropped in the ratings, they havent had as big a plunge as other shows. TV is just less popular these days in general with streaming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont think WWE are hugely worried about ratings these days, while their shows have dropped in the ratings, they havent had as big a plunge as other shows. TV is just less popular these days in general with streaming services.

isnt the nielsen ratings still only a sample of people. i still find it strange that they havent come up with a better way of measuring it yet.

I don't even watch RAW/Smackdown via Sky+ anymore. Fast forwarding through the 3 hours is painful enough.

The Youtube highlights the next day tick all the boxes. If a segment looks particularly good, I might dig out the full piece, but that's quite rare.

• Advertisement

I don't even watch RAW/Smackdown via Sky+ anymore. Fast forwarding through the 3 hours is painful enough.

The Youtube highlights the next day tick all the boxes. If a segment looks particularly good, I might dig out the full piece, but that's quite rare.

I just download the full Raw usually and fast forward the filler. But yeah, when thats not available, the clips do the job.

WWE get great numbers on youtube for Raw and Smackdown clips.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement