Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Melina looking well

Already teasing cedric leaving the hurt business

Torrie Wilson still looks amazing, bogeyman with his usual appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That Spanish Fly was seriously impressive from Lee and Drew.

Wow was not expecting that, so Bill Goldberg vs Drew at the Royal Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

PTH2009 wrote: »

Will kill us all when drew retains we think we're saved and big bald bill is number 30 in the rumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Barely got through two highlight videos (both Drew) before giving up. What ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

LOL, really?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep this is embarrassingly bad. Everyone last week expecting WWE to pull the triger on Lee, nah they're giving they up and comer Goldberg a well deserved push.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Alicia Fox as a legend?? Did she ever win the women’s title out of interest?

Terrible Raw again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I did like Drew brusque dismissal of Oldberg but the problem is that I trust them in no way to follow through accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Will kill us all when drew retains

Now i dont watch anymore but when i seen his name and vince trending on twitter, i knew things are bad ;), so if i read that Goldberg is in a title match anywhere except wrestlemania, i dont expect him to lose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Goldberg’s promo felt like it was written for Roman or Randy instead of Drew, talking bout respect and family. It seemed to make no sense against the respectful babyface...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Goldberg is going to win the title at the Rumble and defend it against another part-timer/pensioner at Mania.

The total combined runtime of both matches will be around 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Well that was a serious let down - after expecting Lee to win and/or a Miz cash-in, instead we’re getting another Goldberg 2 month reign at the Rumble! And would it not make more sense to have Goldberg chase Reigns, considering he claimed Reigns side stepped him at last years Mania!

Also.. Why was there so much controversy over Riddle tapping - he used the ropes to jump the ref, so (unless I missed something?) surely that should have been Rope Break? Or is this another time we’re meant to forget the rules?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Well that was a serious let down - after expecting Lee to win and/or a Miz cash-in, instead we’re getting another Goldberg 2 month reign at the Rumble! And would it not make more sense to have Goldberg chase Reigns, considering he claimed Reigns side stepped him at last years Mania!

Also.. Why was there so much controversy over Riddle tapping - he used the ropes to jump the ref, so (unless I missed something?) surely that should have been Rope Break? Or is this another time we’re meant to forget the rules?

Get out of here with your logical booking.... logical booking and crazy Vince McMahon do not mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Well that was dreadful. Every one of the legends segments was so cringeworthy and awkward.. any idea what happened Henry’s leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rope break seems to do with being at the ropes for a period of time as have seen loads of times where someone can have and ankle lock or something and pull the opponent away from the rope while keeping it on.
    But who knows.

Was Flair's tripping of Charlotte meant to be seen as accidental?

Alicia Fox needs Noam Dar to always be with her for any appearances just to say her name .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Rope break seems to do with being at the ropes for a period of time as have seen loads of times where someone can have and ankle lock or something and pull the opponent away from the rope while keeping it on.
    But who knows.

Was Flair's tripping of Charlotte meant to be seen as accidental?

Alicia Fox needs Noam Dar to always be with her for any appearances just to say her name .

He had the hots for Lacey, understandably, so did it for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Goldberg’s promo felt like it was written for Roman or Randy instead of Drew, talking bout respect and family. It seemed to make no sense against the respectful babyface...

I feel the segment would have been more effective simply as:
    You got size, you got speed, you got athleticism... I GOT NEXT
    followed by a spear.

But y'know, Goldberg doing the interrupting and Orton has spent the night bad mouthing teh leg-ends so :confused:

Will kill us all when drew retains we think we're saved and big bald bill is number 30 in the rumble

Was just going to say that, jesus its a big possibility too

Big pissed off Braun Strowman could also have a say in this match or even win the rumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheamus needs to be the one to take the belt off Drew.

Sheamus has been a real stand out since he went with the Snatch gimmick.

Goldberg should of copied his wwe debut and simply say 'hey drew you know who's next?, YOU'RE NEXT' and spear him . But that would work if the champ was heel seriously wwe what ye at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Goldberg lost any credibility when strauman squashed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

[Seinfeld voice]I don't wanna five minute Mania main event![/Seinfeld voice]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Haven't watched properly since MITB last year, tuned in today to be greeted by Goldberg getting another shot right before mania....class. Havent seen much of any other wrestlers build up but is it likely it'll be goldberg as champ going into mania?...is there a hot favorite for rumble so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What’s likely to happen with Goldberg? Are they really going to have him get destroyed by Drew and that’ll be it? Somehow I doubt it and he’ll feature prominently in the mania shake up..

They’ve turned McIntyre into such a knob.. him fawning over Hogan was almost unwatchable.. the fawning over the legends in general was just awful.. wtf was that let at the start with Hogan and the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭ThePott

I can't believe they seriously wheeled out Goldberg again, if he beats Drew I think I'm done with Raw.
    That would be abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ThePott wrote: »
    I can't believe they seriously wheeled out Goldberg again, if he beats Drew I think I'm done with Raw.
    That would be abysmal.

Drew needs to squash him and no sell any offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Alicia didn’t have those Tatts on her arms last time she was on WWE TV did she?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »

I thought he was going for Roman next not Drew

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement