Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i thought the hhh/rollins promo was good but ehhh everything else was meh

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so Rollins wont make Mania than ?, i really thought he was after healing enough for physical contact, was putting it all on and was going to attack Triple h and Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,165 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Michael Cole is shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Michael Cole is shíte.

Strongly disagree i think hes honsetly one of the best commentators of all time when hes allowed to be. look at the uk championship he was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Haven't watched for a few years.
    Is it still 3 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so Rollins wont make Mania than ?, i really thought he was after healing enough for physical contact, was putting it all on and was going to attack Triple h and Joe

It's all kayfabe for the storyline..
    He's been spotted without the crutches for a few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

smilerf wrote: »
    Haven't watched for a few years.
    Is it still 3 hours?

Yes, yes it still 3 long hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Last few Raws were passable but that one was terrible. Crowd were def dead as was said here already. Everything felt flat. Its up to WWE to get people excited but nothing much happened.

New Day went from a rubbish idea to entertaining and to now boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I liked the spot at the end of the show where Strowman threw Reigns into the turnbuckle. I'm just sad that they're going to waste the great job they've done on building Strowman into a monster heel by having Reigns go over him on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Were the crowd chanting "Roman" or "Strowman"?

And is that why they are fueding, so it sounds like he's getting a reaction?

Either way, I was saying Boo-Urns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,561 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I fcuking hate Roman Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Michael Cole is shíte.
    Ever since the Jerry Lawlor heart attach incident, I cant but like the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know I shouldn't comment on it but when Sasha came out and started talking, it made me wonder if her name is just "Sash"? The way she pronounced Bayley as Bayleya

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't comment on it but when Sasha came out and started talking, it made me wonder if her name is just "Sash"? The way she pronounced Bayley as Bayleya

Her name is actually Mia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

She put an "ah" at the end of a lot of words. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yes, yes it still 3 long hours.
    that's why I stopped watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Michael Cole is shíte.

He reacted to the reigns turnbuckle spot before it happened....there should have been a natural "OH MY GOD!" Before he tried to describe it! That wrecked my head!

Raw was just plain sh!te this week! I have less than no interest in Fast lane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

He reacted to the reigns turnbuckle spot before it happened....there should have been a natural "OH MY GOD!" Before he tried to describe it! That wrecked my head!
    "The turnbuckle EXPLODED!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

He's a pain to listen to.

Really can't stand him since Shane's jump from the cell at Wrestlemania. You can see him reading his awful "For the love of Mankind!" line from a page in the background.

If you can't react naturally to something like that, pack it in.

• Advertisement

Watching the Dudley boys documentary on Sky reminded me of his awful commentary when someone make a surprise return.

"It can't be! is it really them? You've got to be kidding me!"

Woeful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Watching the Dudley boys documentary on Sky reminded me of his awful commentary when someone make a surprise return.

"It can't be! is it really them? You've got to be kidding me!"

Woeful

"Wow ....what a chair shot to the head of edge"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Emma gone for another long period now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is Emma gone for another long period now?

post mania she will be returned to Raws womens division so as to give them some variaty in terms of who faces who i'd guess but I don't think she will be getting as much of a push as she potentially may have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really don't get what the point of the Emmalina thing was. I don't think it even counts as a swerve, because I think people are supposed to be invested in the story for those to work.

And hey, at least Cole can take solace in the fact that he was only voted the 6th worst announcer in the WON awards, behind Otunga, Striker, Saxton, Matthews, and JBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Literally just reading about that here.

''In early February 2017, journalist Dave Meltzer, in describing the Emmalina situation, wrote that it was a running joke and there's no spot ready for her. Reportedly, the Emmalina gimmick was dropped due to WWE producers feeling after rehearsals that Tenille Dashwood could not pull off the character.''

On a side note, Tenille Dashwood is a savage name for a wrestler.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, shame she'll never be allowed use it in WWE.

No offence to the Emma's out there but you can't get a much blander name for a wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What happened with Emma on Raw? Have they dropped the gimmick?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What happened with Emma on Raw? Have they dropped the gimmick?

The story seems to be they realized, during rehersals before she came out on Raw, that she didn't fit the character at all, so scrapped it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement