Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Could use.. but won't unfortunately, so until WWE changes how they present their newer talent I'd much rather see Carlito out there than cookie cutter NXT guy. It's a serious problem at the moment

So here we are. You don't like how WWE present new talent. You find that the WWE PC produces cookie cutter wrestlers. You'd rather see Carlito over one of these until it improves. What's not to get here?

And still, the comparison stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will the Fiend (now with a melted face mask) randomly appear in Randy Orton's EC pod ?

Randy's face healed up well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure he just got what was basically a sunburn. Imagine if we wore masks like that every time we got sunburned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The problem to how WWE present, book or promote new talent isnt answered by bringing in an old hand, who was a middle of the road talent from the past whos best year was his debut year.

Yes they present new talent poorly and hamstring them from the off, but the answer isnt bring in a mildy succesful vet. Look at how Jeff Hardy is booked for that answer.

They have amazing talent criminally underutilised. The answerbis they need to totally reboot how the book talent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TimesArrow wrote:
    Tbh, I’ve never seen the appeal of the Hardy’s.. especially both of them as singles wrestlers.. and Matt Hardy gimmicks in recent years are absolute garbage

There was a period where Jeff could have been huge, they even gave him the breakout moment winning the title and pinning HHH relatively clean

He was hugely over back then, but between his own demons and everything it just didn't pan out

Same thing happened in TNA (to a lesser degree) and 'that' match with Sting.

After that he was never going to be relied on again by any company in a massive way.

• Advertisement

I wish they'd do something with Morrison, take the briefcase from Miz or his chamber spot etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    There was a period where Jeff could have been huge, they even gave him the breakout moment winning the title and pinning HHH relatively clean

He was hugely over back then, but between his own demons and everything it just didn't pan out

Same thing happened in TNA (to a lesser degree) and 'that' match with Sting.

After that he was never going to be relied on again by any company in a massive way.

Jeff Hardy had it. He was booked to his strengths. From 99, he and Matt were so over. What they and others were doing was so fresh and was a far cry from the mid 90's tag scene of Smoking Gunns vs The Body Donnas and the Godwins.

Jeff was a star, he had the look, never spoke much (which helped with his overall aura) and he could go in the ring. I believe he had a ceiling due to his poor mic skills and his personality once he began cutting promos was very wooden. WWE did well with him to a point and his demons ultimately meant he couldnt be trusted. WWE has to take a share of the blame with that, his drug dependency/ habit was a result of how much pain he was in from the crazy stunts they encouraged.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wish they'd do something with Morrison, take the briefcase from Miz or his chamber spot etc.,

Morrison is obviously the more talented in ring, but to be fair his character is so well suited in his current role. Miz and he bounce so well off eachother. Id like to see their roles altered to Johnny being the star and Miz being his hype man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy had it. He was booked to his strengths. From 99, he and Matt were so over. What they and others were doing was so fresh and was a far cry from the mid 90's tag scene of Smoking Gunns vs The Body Donnas and the Godwins.

Jeff was a star, he had the look, never spoke much (which helped with his overall aura) and he could go in the ring. I believe he had a ceiling due to his poor mic skills and his personality once he began cutting promos was very wooden. WWE did well with him to a point and his demons ultimately meant he couldnt be trusted. WWE has to take a share of the blame with that, his drug dependency/ habit was a result of how much pain he was in from the crazy stunts they encouraged.

Not sure why they didn't bring back his singles theme music for his current run, especially when coming back from injury that time, I always preferred it to be honest

But yeah - he definitely had it.

Jeff was over the levels of Daniel Bryan, Becky, SCSA and The Rock at one time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Necro wrote: »
    Not sure why they didn't bring back his singles theme music for his current run, especially when coming back from injury that time, I always preferred it to be honest

But yeah - he definitely had it.

He said it'd come back when crowds did, could see him busting it out for mania.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Not the worst expect some shenanigans

Actually could the miz cash in on whoever wins the EC match if/when he is eliminated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Really have had enough of the Miz. He’s not a bad wrestler but hes never had a truly great match and has been stale for years. Even though he can talk ( main reason he’s on the show), the promos are virtually always the same.

Braun or John Morrison to replace the Miz in the MITB ?

They specifically said this chamber match was for former wwe champs last week?!

Sweet Jesus they actually went there with the Flair/ Evans angle.. painful to watch.. can ric flair just retire for good, for real forever please

So, does the winner of this match have to go into the gauntlet?

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus they actually went there with the Flair/ Evans angle.. painful to watch.. can ric flair just retire for good, for real forever please

They prob think Ric is bringing ratings, jesus christ WTF does this bring to the table. Suppose if Mick Jagger can father children at his age Ric can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ric's reaction to that made me laugh out loud.

Kofi replacing the miz in the EC it is

Christ why does Orton always have these backstage speechs

• Advertisement

Sure enough, the “my hole” bit is being run into the ground

It appears Lacey is pregnant in real life so I guess this will tie in somehow

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Sure enough, the “my hole” bit is being run into the ground

It appears Lacey is pregnant in real life so I guess this will tie in somehow

That dirty dog Ric Flair but christ it means this story could go on for a good while in that case

The reincarnation of the fiend is starting how compelling

Miz is cashing in tonight. Guarenteed*

*not a guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I see this morning that Bad Bunny is now a champion.

The dude sell more merch and now has more championships than 95% of the roster will ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ric's reaction to that made me laugh out loud.

Ashamed to say I laughed also.

Someone said to me the pregnancy is legit???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Just reading that Alexa Bliss announced that the Fiend will be reborn from the fire while sitting in the middle of a pentagram on Raw. I look forward to seeing what wrestlecrap they come up with for the resurrection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just reading that Alexa Bliss announced that the Fiend will be reborn from the fire while sitting in the middle of a pentagram on Raw. I look forward to seeing what wrestlecrap they come up with for the resurrection.

Another misty hologram at Elimination Chamber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

So I see this morning that Bad Bunny is now a champion.

The dude sell more merch and now has more championships than 95% of the roster will ever have.

You're saying that like it's not the belt contested almost entirely by roll ups and is so prestigious Damien Priest won't go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

Can't believe they didn't take the chance to have Ali confront Kofi considering Kofi took his spot in the Chamber that kicked off Kofimania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking Lacey would've beat Asuka either at EC or Fastlane just so Charlotte could face her at Mania.
    Now how to end that storyline?

Imagine, at last year's Elimination Chamber, Shayna single handedly eliminated all her opponents. This year she's playing second billing to Nia's hole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement