Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The story seems to be they realized, during rehersals before she came out on Raw, that she didn't fit the character at all, so scrapped it.

But bar a few promos do we even know what the character was/is?

I don't watch Raw much lately but was she advertised and pushed in the build up then ignored as if they hadn't mentioned her?

Edit - never mind a google and a few YouTube clips answered it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If they want that kind of character on TV then surely Eva Marie fits the bill? She's been off tv awhile just get her to dye her hair blonde and happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If they want that kind of character on TV then surely Eva Marie fits the bill? She's been off tv awhile just get her to dye her hair blonde and happy days

I think Eva' gone from WWE, now this maybe reading too much into it, but she's removed all WWE references from her Twitter bio and unfollowed the main WWE twitter account..

Yeah that's probably reading waaaay too much into it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think mandy from nxt/tough enough could do the role from the bits I've seen of her but Eva would be perfect if she's not gone

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Kevin Owens get his rematch tonight or can he keep for WM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Kevin Owens get his rematch tonight or can he keep for WM?

They've already announced Lesnar v Goldberg for the title at WM. Unlikely Owens will get a rematch(WWE rules out the window again to suit themselves) unless Goldberg works a Raw or Owens faces Lesnar on PPV after WM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Steph told Foley to make sure there was no shenanigans in the title matches.

Literally every title match had a screwy ending.

So I can't wait for Stephs dressing down of Foley :/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing Charlotte wins the title tonight in the yoyo fashion of the women's title.

So I'm guessing Charlotte wins the title tonight in the yoyo fashion of the women's title.

I'm going with nia for the win tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'm so glad I get to see Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

The story seems to be they realized, during rehersals before she came out on Raw, that she didn't fit the character at all, so scrapped it.

But... we'd been so good..... !
    We waited soooo long.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aries is back as a wrestler now could be a good match vs Nevile at mania

Nevile reminds me of a panto villain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Goldberg holding onto the title during the F5 made my morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Surely they are not going to have Undertaker vs Reigns at WM. The place will riot if Reigns wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Floppybits wrote: »
    Surely they are not going to have Undertaker vs Reigns at WM. The place will riot if Reigns wins.

Unless they actually turn him heel

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Floppybits wrote: »
    When.

Reigns wins.

Then it's Brock vs Reigns for the title post-Mania, as "the only two men to beat Taker at Mania collide!"

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Taker stares down Strouman.

Holy sh!t, holy sh!t, holy sh!t

Book that match Vince.

Roman comes down, stares down Taker.

Roman sucks, Roman sucks, Roman sucks.

Nahhh, we'll book this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

so they spend months building up a legit monster in Strouman, which they do a great job of

he looks great is getting over as a top heel, even has decent in ring work

then have him loose to The big dog who really aint the big dog and just cant get over and whimp out of a confrontation with an ageing superstar, sounds perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so they spend months building up a legit monster in Strouman, which they do a great job of

he looks great is getting over as a top heel, even has decent in ring work

then have him loose to The big dog who really aint the big dog and just cant get over and whimp out of a confrontation with an ageing superstar, sounds perfect

I hope they go with a triple threat with Strowman vs Taker vs Reigns as taker would not have to do much and could pin Strowman after he knocks out reigns or vice versa and 3 men will come out strong. This could be very good for Strowman who is getting more and more popular with the fans each week

Its sad that this could be takers last mania and we wont here the gong anymore , i feel bad for Cena as the plan was for him vs taker at WM32 but he got hurt and a year later Cena is part of an intergender tag match. There saying if taker can go another year that its Cena vs Taker at WM34. Vince just doesnt do dream matches that would make him **** amounts of $$$$$ (Rock vs Brock, Sting vs Taker, Angle vs Taker, Cena vs Taker, Styles vs Angle, Balor vs Styles etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Reigns wins.

Then it's Brock vs Reigns for the title post-Mania, as "the only two men to beat Taker at Mania collide!"

They could even have Reigns win the title the Raw after Mania

Another title run of a barely seen champion wouldn't be much good, they could have Reigns run with the title til a Summerslam rematch

Reigns is gonna be the guy who'll beat Taker and Lesnar in less than 24 hours :rolleyes:

Braun is the man. If taker was not going down the cena route the feud he needs to be in is with braun. I would love a triple threat match too.

I really hope theyou don't waste braun at mania unless he's winning the title off brock by destroying him night after mania

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else notice the shots fired by Triple H at CM Punk in his interview last night?

"Kevin Wilk, that's like the best in the world. WWE spares no expense when it comes to the health and welfare of the talent."

Don't think I need to point how the last point relates to him, and the first one is painfully obvious. Much more subtle than Stephanie's approach, but I still though it was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Just watched Top 10 moment on Youtube and have seen the first part of RAW. Number 2 - Bill holds on title while taking an F5 (rather funny). Had a mini pop when I seen taker was number 1. My opinion though is Braun could be showing respect to Taker by nodding his head (in appreciation and getting out of the ring thinking I was Roman as well but so does Taker so I will respectfully exit the ring).

8 matches for WM so far announced. Any idea if there will be any more added?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's not gonna happen, but they really should do something different with Taker and put him in a triple threat. Nobody wants to see him face Roman 1-on-1 after his staredown with Strowman and the streak is over so it doesn't need to be a singles match every year. Just add Braun to the match and it's very intriguing all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Aries was a highlight of the show for me. In a few short minutes he garnered the most buzz for the division since the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

lycan238 wrote: »
    Just watched Top 10 moment on Youtube and have seen the first part of RAW. Number 2 - Bill holds on title while taking an F5 (rather funny). Had a mini pop when I seen taker was number 1. My opinion though is Braun could be showing respect to Taker by nodding his head (in appreciation and getting out of the ring thinking I was Roman as well but so does Taker so I will respectfully exit the ring).

8 matches for WM so far announced. Any idea if there will be any more added?

Spose the battle royal and a few tag team matches.

Apparently on heir YouTube video of Taker and Reign's confrontation, they have edited out the "Roman Sucks!" Chants :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

They were pretty loud alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was hoping for a triple threat at least for Taker/Braun/reigns but then since we have the women's title match as triple threat it's unlikely they'll do another.
    Braun needs to fight Reigns again. One and done can't be it.

So will that be the final ever Sami/Owens fight? Like the last 15 or so.

Nice of Sasha to come out and try and get a match for Mia (she must be getting brought up the same time as Sister Abigail)

And they were clearly saying Roman Rocks.

Would've been funny if that was all Taker did. Just coming out, having Braun leave, then walk back again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement