Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently on heir YouTube video of Taker and Reign's confrontation, they have edited out the "Roman Sucks!" Chants :/

WWE editors...

ygqVx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i watched the wwe video yesterday and i could hear a roman sucks chant but it seemed very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently on heir YouTube video of Taker and Reign's confrontation, they have edited out the "Roman Sucks!" Chants :/

Further proof that this program won't be seeing a Roman heel turn, he's the best and he owns the yard he's the big dog

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will finn return next Monday on raw as he's appearing at a few live events this weekend. Can see him being involved in the Ko/Joe/Y2J/Zayn thing

Something like Joe and Ko take out Zayn in the back and later on in the night both men attack y2j and Finn makes the save.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sky88 wrote: »
    Braun is the man. If taker was not going down the cena route the feud he needs to be in is with braun. I would love a triple threat match too.

I really hope theyou don't waste braun at mania unless he's winning the title off brock by destroying him night after mania

He'll be in the battle royal more than likely, if he is he'll win it but would love to see him then break the trophy in rage of not being given a better spot at Mania and unless Cena is popping the question after his match or even if he does have him come out and destroy Cena. Cent will be taking time off so gives you a reason to write him off and could even have him destroy Brock the night after Mania who then has to give up his belt and hold a tournament with the winner crowned at Payback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will finn return next Monday on raw as he's appearing at a few live events this weekend. Can see him being involved in the Ko/Joe/Y2J/Zayn thing

Something like Joe and Ko take out Zayn in the back and later on in the night both men attack y2j and Finn makes the save.

You call that every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He didn't show up at Fastlane, or the RAW after, so I highly doubt despite him wrestling at live events this weekend, that Finn is gonna show up on RAW next Monday either, live events are probably for him to shake off any ring rust after 8 months on the shelf.

His injury was a shoulder injury though wasn't it, that'd be the type of injury you don't know is right til you properly test it so if he comes through the weekend good maybe it'll be all systems go for a Wrestlemania program

Although a return on the Raw after Wrestlemania would be epic with that crowd, havent had a really good post Wrestlemania Raw moment since Zigglers cash in

His injury was a shoulder injury though wasn't it, that'd be the type of injury you don't know is right til you properly test it so if he comes through the weekend good maybe it'll be all systems go for a Wrestlemania program

Although a return on the Raw after Wrestlemania would be epic with that crowd, havent had a really good post Wrestlemania Raw moment since Zigglers cash in

He suffered a 180 degree tear in his labrum, this ESPN article should help explain.

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/17613578/wwe-finn-balor-shoulder-injury-recovery-assessed-stephania-bell

I'd love him back for Mania as well, but why risk it if he's not a 100%, he may not even be a 100% for the live shows, I don't know I'm just guessing.

I think hes going to return at next raw as I don't think they don't want him to return the same night as takers return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Raw after WM would probably be best have him win back title from Brock after the goes through the first 'two stages of hell' ie stage one Goldberg at WM, Stage 2 Kevin Owens on Raw the night after then Finn comes out and Steph/Foley/Vince/HHH announces Finn has his match right now for Title vs Brock Lesnar. Sets up Lesnar vs Finn fued nicely for next PPV.

lycan238 wrote: »
    Raw after WM would probably be best have him win back title from Brock after the goes through the first 'two stages of hell' ie stage one Goldberg at WM, Stage 2 Kevin Owens on Raw the night after then Finn comes out and Steph/Foley/Vince/HHH announces Finn has his match right now for Title vs Brock Lesnar. Sets up Lesnar vs Finn fued nicely for next PPV.

cant see them ever doing a finn vs brock match

lycan238 wrote: »

So Lesnar has to defend his title 3 times in 24 hours? And Finn is happy to take a title match after Lesnar's gone through 2 matches already?

Unless they're setting up Finn to turn heel that makes little sense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Snipping for spoilers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guys, I'm moving the last few posts to the Mania thread.

It's been noted that there's not actually spoiler warnings on this thread, and while speculation is grand, I'd worry a Meltzer report is as close to spoilers as we get. Given the Mania thread actually has a warning in the title about spoilers and speculation, and the report deals with a potential Mania match, I'm moving the posts to that thread.

And maybe spoiler tag any further spoilers like that going forward in here, for those who would rather not see such reports this close to Mania. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

FYI for everyone. Clocks went forward this weekend in the States so Raw and Smackdown will be an hour earlier the next couple weeks. We change on the 25th/26th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Thanks but I still don't think I can stand staying up for RAW :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks but I still don't think I can stand staying up for RAW :D

I think at this stage if Raw started at 9pm our time I'd have an early night.

Another week, another bastard chore of a RAW

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

And as CastorTroy referred to here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102899509&postcount=1007

Clocks in the States have gone forward, so RAW starts at midnight for the next few weeks, that aside, here's your preview for this week.

Enzo Amore & Big Cass battle Cesaro & Sheamus for the right to challenge Raw Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson at WrestleMania
    Controversy seems to follow Enzo Amore & Big Cass wherever they go these days. After the Raw Tag Team Titles slipped through their fingers at WWE Fastlane (thanks to a little rule-bending by defending champions Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson), The Certified Gs sparked an accidental brawl with Cesaro & Sheamus during their rematch the following night. The melee resulted in boots to faces, bruised egos and one nagging question: Who deserves to face Gallows & Anderson for the Raw Tag Team Titles at this year’s WrestleMania?

Fortunately, per Raw General Manager Mick Foley, we’ll have our answer Monday night, when Enzo & Cass take on Cesaro & Sheamus for the right to challenge the so-called “good brothers” on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Although The Swiss Superman’s partnership with The Celtic Warrior had some unstable origins, the brawlers were able to work together to capture Team Red’s tandem titles at Roadblock: End of the Line, ending The New Day’s record-breaking 483-day championship reign. The titles have eluded the unlikely allies since their defeat to Gallows & Anderson at WWE Royal Rumble, but a win Monday night could propel Cesaro & Sheamus into the spotlight of The Show of Shows.

Enzo & Cass, meanwhile, have yet to capture a championship of any kind in WWE since their Raw debut last spring. Nevertheless, they’ve firmly cemented themselves in the Raw Tag Team Title picture in recent weeks. A win this Monday will bring The Realest Guys in the Room that much closer to becoming “The Realest Champs in the Room” on The Grandest Stage of Them All, nearly one year to the day after they first emerged on Team Red.

How will Roman Reigns respond to his intense encounter with The Undertaker?
    Last Monday night on Raw, Roman Reigns stared into the abyss — and boy, did the abyss stare back.

After staring down the monstrous Braun Strowman in the middle of the ring, the returning Undertaker was soon face-to-face with Roman Reigns, who reminded The Deadman, “This is my yard now.” After a brief pause in which both men gazed at the WrestleMania sign hanging from the roof of Chicago’s Allstate Arena, The Phenom swiftly grabbed The Big Dog by the throat and sent him crashing to the canvas with a chokeslam.

Reigns has yet to address his confrontation with The Undertaker, but whatever happens next between these powerful Superstars could change the landscape of this year’s Show of Shows. Expect major fallout from this potentially fateful face-off.

When “The Man” comes around at WrestleMania
    Seth Rollins is determined to ramp up rehabilitation for his right MCL tear to make it to WrestleMania and attain retribution against Triple H. However, The Cerebral Assassin remains unconvinced that The Architect is in any shape to make it to The Show of Shows, let alone face him in the ring. And if Rollins does happen to show up at WrestleMania, Triple H claims, “all that is waiting for him there is a nightmare.”

As hard as Rollins is working to get back to 100 percent, WrestleMania is mere weeks away. Will Rollins defy doctors’ expectations — or their orders — and look for a fight with The Game at The Showcase of the Immortals?

Brock Lesnar has us all “shook"
    When Brock Lesnar offers to give you a handshake, beware. This is advice new Universal Champion Goldberg could have used Monday night, when The Beast Incarnate’s seemingly benign congratulatory gesture left the WCW icon vulnerable to a savage and swift F-5 that turned Goldberg’s moment of triumph into one of tumult.

Indeed, it appears Lesnar is far more prepared for his WrestleMania rematch with Goldberg than he was for their Mega Match at Survivor Series, when The Beast was conquered in just one minute, 26 seconds. Will Goldberg’s championship reign come to a painful end at The Showcase of the Immortals? Until then, The Road to WrestleMania will be full of twists and turns for both of these juggernauts.

Will Kevin Owens get “It” before The Show of Shows?
    One night after costing Kevin Owens the Universal Championship at WWE Fastlane, Chris Jericho addressed the WWE Universe in Chicago — the very city in which he made his WWE debut — and further endeared himself to the masses by challenging The Prizefighter to a match at WrestleMania, where his own United States Championship will be on the line.

Owens and Jericho went on to battle Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe later that night, respectively, but their paths are sure to cross many times before their anticipated collision on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Will Owens make it to “The List” before WrestleMania, or might Jericho wish he hadn’t gotten involved in WWE Fastlane’s Universal Championship Match?

Sky Sports 5 @ midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That is one grim preview this close to Wrestlemania.

Really, really, really can't stand Enzo and Cass. I think they might be my most hated TV show characters right now. Pair of clowns.

The Big Dog? No thanks.

The alternating appearances of the part timers continue. No interest.

I like the Owens/Jericho feud but I ain't suffering through Raw for it.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Rollins announce on the raw before mania that he's ready to fight at mania or will Triple H just decide to wear his wrestling gear at mania just cause and hope Rollins shows up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did KO get any rematch?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did KO get any rematch?

Nope. They only use the rematch clause when it suits the storyline.

I really detest part timers being given the belt when you know as soon as they drop it they're gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did KO get any rematch?

He mentioned last week he's saving his rematch until after he deals with Jericho at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,563 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brock is back on the roids.

So Foley has to fire someone

Bye bye Sami Zayn lol

Mick fires himself maybe

sky88 wrote: »
    Mick fires himself maybe

Maybe he fires Stephanie

I'd fire enzo