Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Flashback to two years ago, and he Raw go-home show...

1ldiJ3I.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I had wiped that from memory, talk about an anti climax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Worst go-home ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How it actually looked:

tug-o-war-002gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

how in the hell did someone think that was a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

martyos121 wrote: »
    How it actually looked:

tug-o-war-002gif

Reigns of course being THE BIG DWAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Loughc wrote: »
    Reigns of course being THE BIG DWAG.

he certainly isn't selling the struggle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,565 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The go home RAW for WM aired last night and not one post during the live show kind of sums up the WWE right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The go home RAW for WM aired last night and not one post during the live show kind of sums up the WWE right now.

RedTickBrewery.jpg

Needs more big dog.

HHH vs Seth is the only story I feel has been built well on Raw; Seth is the never-say-die babyface, willing to risk his career for redemption, wanting to fight the boss who corrupted him. Granted, the story was helped drastically by the injury. I'd imagine without it, the story we'd get would be a hell of a lot blander, and Rollins would still be the worst face ever. But regardless, I'm enjoying the feud (or what its become), the characters are actually making sense, the motivations make sense, and Rollins beating HHH (hopefully) will be a great pay off.

Thats pretty much where my interest dies with Raw.

Jericho vs Owens piqued a few weeks back, and has been hurt by them not having anything to do for weeks now. Their match needed to happen a while back, and has run out of steam. It's not helped that the US title is a side prop in the feud; it SHOULD have been a key part. Owens lost his belt cause of Jericho, now he's going to take Jericho's. It started that way but the belt is coincidental now.

Reigns vs Taker is so, so generic of a feud. If this is Taker's last Mania, it's a disgrace that the story has been so bland. I genuinely don't mind Reigns as the opponent, but the feud has been two men telling each other it's their yard. It's so boring and feels like they think because it's Taker, it doesn't need a story...which might have worked when the streak WAS the character, but now, not so much.

Enzo/Cass vs Sheamus/Cesaro vs Gallows/Anderson is, I guess, our Mania ladder match then? I've been so uninterested in the feud, I've skipped 90% of it. The match should be fine, but I don't think a ladder match suits the contestants at all.

The women's title match will be ok if the draft shuffles the pack Post-Mania. But I've seen them all fight each other so often now, I've zero interest in anything but getting the match finished.

And Brock vs Goldberg...the only interest I have is how big a car crash the match will be, and what reaction the crowd will have. The fact the heel is being portrayed as this massive underdog has flipped me over to supporting Brock completely. It will be a spectacle, but in terms of build, like Jericho/Owens, it hit its pique weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watched the show there and it was rubbish i taught, only confirmed my interest in the HOF ceremony more then mania itself, i usually stay up to watch it but not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I think that has got to be one of the worst go home RAWs I have seen.

Just finished it moments ago and all I can remember is Undertaker and Lesnar/Goldberg.

I don't feel hyped for any match at all except maybe those 2.

Undertaker v Reigns is interesting as I wonder will they have him beat Undertaker and turn heel.

Lesnar v Goldberg has been booked very weirdly with Goldberg coming out on top all the time so far when he is the face.

Rollins v HHH will be a good match but the build hasn't got me hyped up at all.The injury has hindered this though.

The womens match is just a throw them in there and hopefully it will work out. No grudge being settled at all and It should be a singles match for the title at Mania always.

The tag match feels like we have seen it over and over and over. Now they are doing it again for Mania.

The New Day are just fast forward material now.

The whole thing is going down to the wire with no excitement at all. It will need something surprsing like Seth cashing in at the previous mania to make it memorable.It will need Finn Balor making a massive entrance or some heel turn.

Hopefully Smackdown will raise my hopes as I don't really have an excitement at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Enzo in a ladder match. They better eliminate him early so he doesn't hurt himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the Hardy's contract situation? Any chance of them being surprise entrants in the Ladder tag match?

J. Marston wrote: »
    What's the Hardy's contract situation? Any chance of them being surprise entrants in the Ladder tag match?

Seems all but guaranteed that by this day next week, they'll be WWE Superstars again. My guess is they'll hold them off until Smarkamania though (i.e. next week's Raw). At best, they could interrupt a New Day segment at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seems all but guaranteed that by this day next week, they'll be WWE Superstars again. My guess is they'll hold them off until Smarkamania though (i.e. next week's Raw). At best, they could interrupt a New Day segment at Mania.

They should stay well clear of that place, sure it'll be great for a huge pop and maybe a month but then it'll be back to the Hardy boys, then singles, and then gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Said I'd look at the RAW before WM, as I usually get WM in most years. The show has gone extremely downhill. The banter is so forced with mostly dim-witted dialogue it's cringe inducing. Also, why on earth did they get rid of Jim Ross & Jerry Lawlor? They worked brilliant together. Now the commentary is like when Americans commentate on soccer. It's so unbelievably bland, boring, and doesn't in any way get you hyped for any match. Michael Cole & the other two lads are shocking.

There is so much potential to make RAW a great show like it used to be but the producers either couldn't care less about the product or else they're incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

That was quite possibly one of the worst Raws I've ever seen.
    The current crop of wrestlers are terrible actor and are as funny as a carrot.
    Rock, Stone Cold, Angle, Michaels, (Even triple h) were all funny.

Lesnar is always a draw but constantly hearing Heyman shout Brock Lesnar, the beast, my client is so strong etc etc is irrating as have heard it 1000 times before. Everyone knows that Goldberg. Are they going to have Lesnar destroy him?

Is Reigns a heel or a face, I can't tell, Wrestlemania might finally turn him fully heel. Usually look forward to an undertaker match but the buildup to this has been crap.

Owen vs Jericho have been ruined by this whole friendship crap. They are both good on the mike but the feud has been built terribly and has run its course. Let them be themselves.

Triple H vs Rollins - I don't really care to be honest. They just don't work well together.

Only match I'm looking forward to is McMahon vs Styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Triple h and Rollin are down as a non sanctioned match, is that just another name for no dq?

Speaking of Triple H/Seth Rollins, Hunter tweeted what I assume will be used as their promo package before their match.

https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/846557357354225664
    A huge thank you to @Metallica for #AmISavage...
    This Sunday @WrestleMania, #TheCreator becomes #TheDestroyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Justin Roberts did an interview recently basically saying what everyone here is saying about the product......

On WWE not caring what the fans think: "When you do a live wrestling show you have a live audience telling you what they like and what they hate. Instead of appeasing the fans and writing the show the fans like, and believe me they have some of the greatest minds and talent in wrestling, they could put on a Wrestlemania every week. Like the attitude era. You watch it now and its really flat for three hours and once in while the crowd kind of like some of it. It’s not the talents fault. As an example, say the crowd really like Cesaro but the company wants you to like Sheamus so they are going to give you Sheamus until you like him in the same way you like Cesaro. Look at Roman Reigns, the company wants you to accept him, but if you like someone else, no you have to like who the company wants you to like. The fans aren’t getting a show that is catered for them, it’s catered to running with the guys who they want to push."

Why WWE doesn't cater to the fans: "The higher-ups at that company are the sort of people who say, “You’re not going to tell us what to do. This is our company and we will run it how we want” – that’s it. Wrestling fans are so loyal they will find one or two things every week that they like about a show, even if they hated everything else. Its unfortunate and I want WWE to thrive. I just want the fans to have great shows and the shows I had growing up. I loved wrestling as a kid because it was great, and I want it to be the same way for current fans. I want the business to keep going strong."

The current product: "Even when I was there some of those three hours Raws were hard. The same stuff every week and it just wasn’t entertaining. Again nothing on the talent but what they were booked to do just wasn’t entertaining. I felt bad for the fans as I sat there and watched the shows just like them. Since I left there have been some opportunities, like with the draft, to freshen it up. They are acknowledging in the story lines that the shows haven’t been great. Instead of fixing it they will pretend to fix it for a week or two and then it goes back to doing the same thing. The storylines aren’t playing out to make sense because they aren’t booked in advance. Instead of those storylines paying off it changes week to week. When you add it up, it doesn’t make sense, they aren’t thought out like the way they used to be. No one’s a babyface, no one’s a heel. You have authority figures that are sometimes babyface sometimes heel. Look at Triple H he is this big babyface with NXT and on Twitter, then he is this heel on Monday night Raw. Stephanie McMahon is this horrible person on the show but then she’s showing how great a person she is on social media. It’s really hard to follow and it’s hard to get behind these characters."

Its a very interesting interview where he basically says he knows he won't be able to come back after saying all this out.

Full interview is here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I expected Sasha or Bayley to accidentally hit the other to start fighting before Mania.
    I think Nia will be first eliminated then Sasha due to Bayley doing something to her.

I agree about the tag match. None of them really belong in a ladder match.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I actually watched this last night for the first hour or so. It was just so lacking in anything interesting that I was hanging on and as soon as I heard the Big Show's music play for the over the top match, I had to switch. Don't think I'll even bother watching Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Is Taker vs Reigns a buried alive match?

If Taker loses there will be a riot.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Is Taker vs Reigns a buried alive match?

If Taker loses there will be a riot.

Nope.

But he'll make Reigns look strong damn it :pac:

Reigns to kick out of at least 1 each of chokeslam and tombstone as well as get out of Hell's Gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Reigns to kick out of at least 1 each of chokeslam and tombstone as well as get out of Hell's Gate.

Isn't that the same with every big match in WWE especially. It's all the main eventers know
    Heck I expect Maryse to kick out of an AA at this stage.

Yea, until Reigns wins after only one Superman Punch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Its a very interesting interview where he basically says he knows he won't be able to come back after saying all this out

Surely he hit that point when he criticised them for how they treated the stuff with that Conor kid.

Felt like it would've done far more for the fight if they had Reigns counter and beat Taker into a retreat after he appeared in the ring rather than having to listen to Mark deliver a ****ing awful promo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Reigns seemed heelish in his promo and I was encouraged by it. I think he'll do well in the role. I want him to go full blown heel and beat Taker. The streak's gone, Taker's looking really old of late, so I don't see much upside in having Taker win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement