Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So take it since it's not being defended at Payback that they've decided to write off the Universal Title for now and the 30 day rule is out the window again

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    Reports are saying Balor suffered a concussion after taking that Punch looks like he'll be out for a while again.

Poor lad can't catch a break.

He looked fairly rough after the match and prob didn't have a clue what was going on

It will be a bit sad if he becomes too injury prone and doesn't reach his potential on the main roster. How long could he be out ???, rugby players with similar injuries are out for about 2/3 weeks

Will give Vince another excuse to keep smaller guys down.

Is Elias Samson just called The Drifter now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Will give Vince another excuse to keep smaller guys down.

Is Elias Samson just called The Drifter now then?

Rumour has it Jinder is being blamed for it not Balor but I guess it'd reinforce any doubts Vince already had. Hopefully he's not out too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I just read there that it was Jinder's fault after he mistimed the elbow to the jaw and Finn was knocked out (obviously not for)
    Anyway I saw that depending on the severity of the concussion Finn could miss from 1 week to 1 year - I didn't even know you could miss a year with a concussion
    So let's hope it isn't too serious and they are just taking precautionary measures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

kopite386 wrote: »
    I just read there that it was Jinder's fault after he mistimed the elbow to the jaw and Finn was knocked out (obviously not for)
    Anyway I saw that depending on the severity of the concussion Finn could miss from 1 week to 1 year - I didn't even know you could miss a year with a concussion
    So let's hope it isn't too serious and they are just taking precautionary measures

Well hopefully he wont be out for too long, but look at Bret hart. A stiff kick ended his career. Concussions can vary, esp if he had any prior which I imagine he had

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well hopefully he wont be out for too long, but look at Bret hart. A stiff kick ended his career. Concussions can vary, esp if he had any prior which I imagine he had

Yeah I was only reading the other day that Corey Graves retired from in ring wrestling because he got a concussion the 3rd of his career. Hopefully it won't be that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

didnt he have a stroke dues to the concussion? thats why he had to retire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

magnumbud wrote: »
    didnt he have a stroke dues to the concussion? thats why he had to retire?

No, the stroke came later (2002), a few years after he had retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Finn will be shelfed for between 2-4 weeks.

• Advertisement

Also this from Seth's Instagram, picture used taken from WWE's website.

20170410_raw_rollins--f57bd020a2941a89b2237245aa162bf4.jpg
    This is a pretty sick picture. Often times with the way our industry operates moments can slip through our fingers. As this was happening last Monday I don't think I fully appreciated it, but now a few days removed, seeing this from a different perspective made the hair on my arm shoot up like a wave from my wrist to my shoulders. Welcome back Kurt! @wwe

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Delighted its not more, but 4 weeks can be enough to derail his momentum a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hopefully it means a feud with bray will not happen as i think that could be far more damaging as i wouldnt have high hopes.

Actually could benefit him in a way. Give me time for the feud with Bray to build and maybe have Orton appear on Raw for his feud with Bray

sky88 wrote: »
    Hopefully it means a feud with bray will not happen as i think that could be far more damaging as i wouldnt have high hopes.

In a feud with Bray, he would at least go over (Bray is eternally on the losing end of feuds).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

In a feud with Bray, he would at least go over (Bray is eternally on the losing end of feuds).

im just thinking the supernatural element will go that little bit too far in their feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No matter how much that was Jinder's fault, I can't help but feel that'll now be two strikes against Balor in Vince's eyes...

Otunga's RAW commentary debut delayed 6 weeks due to his involvement in a movie currently being filmed.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/david-otungas-raw-commentary-debut-delayed-6-weeks/

Neil3030 wrote: »
    No matter how much that was Jinder's fault, I can't help but feel that'll now be two strikes against Balor in Vince's eyes...

One more injury and it could be bad for Finn but I think he is still highly thought off and would be a much better future face of WWE than reigns

I'd keep him on TV doing promos and interacting with Bray Wyatt until he is ready to return to the ring

It will be anxious watching him in his first few matches back from this injury

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Balls, I'd worry that means nothing for the Dublin show in 3 weeks :(
    Otunga's RAW commentary debut delayed 6 weeks due to his involvement in a movie currently being filmed.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/david-otungas-raw-commentary-debut-delayed-6-weeks/

Hope it's just Cole and Graves then. Those two should be pretty good as a duo. They dont need a third.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Balls, I'd worry that means nothing for the Dublin show in 3 weeks :(

Yeah have a friend who has a ticket for that show, he's gonna be gutted now. Was Finn scheduled to appear in Dublin?

Hope it's just Cole and Graves then. Those two should be pretty good as a duo. They dont need a third.

Don't need, but WWE will shove a 3rd in just cause..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finn was advertised to be in a tag as far as I remember. He may still appear, even if he's not cleared. I'm sure he'd welcome a trip home.

Ye could be getting the hardyz in Dublin so that would make up for no Finn. He might appear and do a promo or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Finn will appear, Curt Hawkins will interrupt him and try to jump him from behind Finn sees it coming couple of punches, slingblade and then Coup de Grace. Still get your Finn appearance and he doesnt have to bump.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Finn will appear, Curt Hawkins will interrupt him and try to jump him from behind Finn sees it coming couple of punches, slingblade and then Coup de Grace. Still get your Finn appearance and he doesnt have to bump.

Or Hawkins will have an open challenge thing and Finn will accept it

Imagine being payed to job to people, I'd do it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

David Otunga off filming a movie for 6 weeks so there's a vacancy on the announce team. JR? More than likely Saxton pulls double duty

paulie21 wrote: »
    David Otunga off filming a movie for 6 weeks so there's a vacancy on the announce team. JR? More than likely Saxton pulls double duty

Move Cole backstage, let JR & Corey do the commentating. - Ideal scenario.

But more than likely it's Saxton pulling double duty.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/852886175463481344
    BREAKING: @BookerT5x will join @MichaelCole and @WWEGraves on the #RAW announce team for the next six weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

That's worse than Saxton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

MAH FAVE FIIIIIIVEEE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement