Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lesnar and Heyman back tonight

Braun face turn tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just keep him as a guy who will attack everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lesnar and Heyman back tonight

Braun face turn tonight?
    Braun was murdered last night with a bin lorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Braun was murdered last night with a bin lorry.

Few plasters and he be grand

Hope he's not sick too

**** shake why are they bothering calling SD Dec PPV 'clash of Champions" when most of the champs are fighting at Survivor Series a month earlier???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Wonder if they'll have Paige return to even out one of the women's teams at Survivor Series?

Kane is getting pushed as strong as ever and it's almost 2018 ???

So the demon Finn is going to be his victim now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finn beats the Best in the World last night in AJ.

Loses clean to a bum like Kane tonight.

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

attack of the mid carders.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

That escalated quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finn beats the Best in the World last night in AJ.

Loses clean to a bum like Kane tonight.

I'm out.

3 chokeslams but yeah, it's not good. Sunday night could be used as a catapult for Finn as he looked like pure money for the first time since being called up. Would be unfortunate to see it go to nothing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really hope that they quietly just scrap Finn's feud with Bray now, and let him move on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not shocked Kane beat Finn; if they are doing Kane vs Brawn, they really had to have Kane go well over someone decent, to make him look strong enough to stand against Brawn.

I really enjoyed the end segment, in a "Don't think bout the fact the white meat babyfaces New Day and Becky Lynch led a lynch mob against people" way. Gable attacking Jordon so eagerly, Ambrose and Rollins bravely trying to launch an ambush, Rusev on the table. Loads of funny little moments. Also gives the likes of Owens/Zayn a load to work with on Smackdown as well.

I think Alicia was the best thing about that Raw.

Bayley/Sasha might be the better wrestlers but Foxy is infinitely more entertaining than both.

Also her Belly to Belly looked better than Bayley's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not shocked Kane beat Finn; if they are doing Kane vs Brawn, they really had to have Kane go well over someone decent, to make him look strong enough to stand against Brawn.

I really enjoyed the end segment, in a "Don't think bout the fact the white meat babyfaces New Day and Becky Lynch led a lynch mob against people" way. Gable attacking Jordon so eagerly, Ambrose and Rollins bravely trying to launch an ambush, Rusev on the table. Loads of funny little moments. Also gives the likes of Owens/Zayn a load to work with on Smackdown as well.

I haven't seen it, but when I was reading the summary of Raw on the app I found it comical that they specified Baron took out some random backstage worker, and not an actual wrestler :pac:

Meltzer on the Kane/Finn "match"

https://streamable.com/a7bia

Elias gave Jordan some flake with the guitar. There was no faking that immediate bruising.

Lord TSC wrote: »

There's no excuse for that. Abysmal booking. Kane could have beaten anyone else at all, not a guy who got a bigger reaction for his match than anyone this year the night before.

Gotta keep Kane strong for Braun, so Braun is strong for Lesnar, so Lesnar is strong for Roman, and Roman can get the win.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could have Finn beat Kane and then have him attack him post match . Just watched a recap of Raw on youtube and loved the Smackdown invasion thing imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I guess their long term thinking on Finn is that the Demon can beat anyone, but Finn is otherwise a mid-card j-brone.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I guess their long term thinking on Finn is that the Demon can beat anyone, but Finn is otherwise a mid-card j-brone.

Which is a bit sad, but I could well see that being the logic they use.

Why don't they give Miz a shot at Lesnar, it be new

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Why don't they give Miz a shot at Lesnar, it be new

tbh I am happy with how they have been using The Miz recently. He has been excelling as the "Leader" of the bad guys

Neil3030 wrote: »

You're giving them way too much credit.

tbh I am happy with how they have been using The Miz recently. He has been excelling as the "Leader" of the bad guys

All better if he held the world Raw title too but with Lesnar out with top title I guess Miz's IC title is top

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Meh, we've seen this brand invasion angle umpteenth times in the last ten years or so. It feels even more diluted this time considering half of the invaders were only drafted a few months ago in the shake up, and will probably jump back again within the calender year. I don't really buy where this brand loyalty is coming from all of a sudden with faces attacking faces and the likes of Baron/Tye/AJ being all smiles with one another (especially as AJ just teamed with the Shield and then attacks them) it all seems very short sighted, with the logic seemingly being "Well it's almost November, you're all friends now congratulations!!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Finn can survive a loss or two and even the overall loss in a feud.

He is generally protected and should not be above losing.

The issue that it was Kane, I agree is annoying but Finn is supposed to be face, you have to lose as a face to eventually 'overcome' and win out by beating someone. If you win all the time you are no longer overcoming anything.

Also, as guy who got put over by AJ the night before, his NXT run and his start on the main roster he is due paying something back even to experienced guys.

He is well placed to give someone else a rub while not getting damaged by a few defeats.

Even the Golden Boys of Cena and Reigns get used to put others over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Apart from Ambrose and Rollins, smackdown attacked everybody who mean absolutely nothing, no Miz, Kane, Sheamus, Cesaro, Lesnar, or even Strowman, you can bet that when Raw goes to Smackdown, their top stars wont escape

All better if he held the world Raw title too but with Lesnar out with top title I guess Miz's IC title is top

Clash of Champions is a Raw Ppv, right?

Given they are doing the brands against each other now, I wonder would they do WWE Universal Champ vs IC champ instead at CoC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not thrilled with the booking of Asuka thus far. I've seen people say she had her best matches with Emma in NXT but Emma and her position on Raw, and her position on NXT, are 2 very different things.

How does it help Asuka get over where she's having competitive matches with someone who has more or less been treated as a joke on Raw? Do we need just another competitor to add to the mix on Raw and do we need that IT Factor that Asuka brought to NXT?

I'm really concerned now that Asuka doesn't figure much in their long term plan going forward. Doesn't help that the commentators have been repeatedly banging on about the big leagues much like they did with Nakamura and now with Roode. It's mind boggling. Felt sorry for Corey, as you could feel that he was genuinely trying to make the best of what was being fed into his ear in order to make Asuka as big a deal as possible.

I like to think Miz did the Miz thing and just stayed out of it. Look out for number one.

Good to see the young up and comers like that Kane guy getting victories.

The Smackdown guys were lucky Roman wasn't there and the women were lucky Asuka wasn't there. (And only one of those statements is serious :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I like to think Miz did the Miz thing and just stayed out of it. Look out for number one.

Good to see the young up and comers like that Kane guy getting victories.

The Smackdown guys were lucky Roman wasn't there and the women were lucky Asuka wasn't there. (And only one of those statements is serious :))

Well I'd consider myself lucky to not be around someone with viral meningitis tbf. :pac:

I'm surprised he's able to sell it.

Could Kurt have looked any more like an old man than when he was being helped to the ring by Corbin and Rusev?

And think I've said before, but any time I hear the beginning of Asuka's entrance, I jut think of RVD.

The attack by the SD roster was really uncalled for and Shane/Daniel Bryan should be ashamed of themselves

The raw Crew don't have a live event tonight so they might appear on SD tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The raw Crew don't have a live event tonight so they might appear on SD tonight??

Ah surely they'll save that for when the Big Dog returns to the yard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the booking of this show was awful. Most of it made no sense to me.

The decision to have Balor lose to Kane in that manner was utterly, ridiculously stupid. 24 hours ago they had Balor pull off one of the biggest wins since he came to the main roster and it reinvigorated him following that wretched Bray Wyatt storyline. The announcers are talking about how Finn had one of the matches of the year. Cole was screaming how Balor was on the up, one of the rising stars...and then they just bury the guy in a squash match.

What. The. Hell?

Honestly my impression was that Vince was pissed off at the Too Sweet stuff from him and AJ, but because they couldn't do anything on AJ who had put up with a stomach upset and flown a long way to help them out in a jam, they just decided "screw it, we'll bury the other one instead." A bit like the time when Hunter and HBK did the MSG goodbye with Ramon and Diesel - they couldn't bury HBK who was their top guy so Hunter took the rap. That's what this felt like to me because there's no other logic to this that I can come up with. Finn also got beaten up like a goon later in the show too.

I get that they want to make Kane look strong for Braun - but it didn't have to be a guy who is supposedly being groomed for the top. Let Matt Hardy have that spot since Braun destroyed Matt a few weeks ago. Have Kane destroy Matt even quicker than Braun did and have the announcers put that over. I like Matt, but he's doing nothing at the moment. At least jobbing him out makes more sense than what happened to Finn. That was like the kind of match I would expect Kalisto to have against Kane. When this was over I was wondering why Finn wasn't on 205 Live.

I mentioned a few months back I couldn't buy Balor against Brock - well after that performance it would be an insult to put that match together. If Kane can destroy Finn in 5 minutes or so then Brock shouldn't break a sweat, paint or no paint. This was something else.

Then we get to the big Smackdown invasion and all I could think was what is the motivation for all this? The entire Smackdown roster pretty much turned heel at once - and for what? There has been no suggestion up to now of any heat between Angle and Shane and the story was that Smackdown had helped Raw out by loaning them AJ. So why all of a sudden is there all this animosity? Because Kurt engaged in a bit of banter about beating Smackdown? And that prompts a big war?!

And again the question - for what? There is NOTHING on the line here. It's not like the winning team gets to draft some wrestlers over to their brand. It's not like the winning team gets to acquire some stars from NXT to boost their show. It's not like the winning team gets to have the main event spot of Mania. There's not even a frickin trophy. If there was something on the line then I could maybe understand why it's so important to win but there's just no justification for what happened and that made it seem so goofy and dumb. Like New Day and Becky Lynch beating people up in the hallway?! So their entire characters change in one stroke because they are desperate to win this meaningless match which will change NOTHING for either brand when it's all over? Gimme a break.

And then we get to AJ - why the f*ck did he help out Ambrose and Rollins at the start of the show? It's not like he did a sneak attack on them at that point, so why risk injury to himself and his team to help out guys he plans to beat up later in a big mob attack? Furthermore, why the f*ck did AJ stay in the ring when Kane attacked and stand and fight, helping Rollins and Ambrose - WHO HE PLANNED TO BEAT UP LATER. This makes no sense!

Asuka's match was again spoiled by too much offence for Emma. This isn't that hard. She just has to smash opponents. It's like what they did with Goldberg in '03 - all these long matches. They finally figured out what you do last year - have Goldberg smash people in minutes. It gets over and works. We don't need Asuka and Emma in 50/50 exchanges. The fans aren't as hot for her as they should be and it's the fault of the booking imo.

I liked the Heyman promo on Jinder and the opening match was very good but the rest of this show just annoyed me. It's going to be hard to feel anything positive about the Smackdown roster as we've now established they're basically a bunch of dicks!

Ah surely they'll save that for when the Big Dog returns to the yard

He will single handly destroy the whole SD roster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The attack by the SD roster was really uncalled for and Shane/Daniel Bryan should be ashamed of themselves

It's weird booking. A lot of them were faces who we will probably be expected to cheer for in their Smackdown storylines.

Chad Gable gladly beat his old tag team partner and friend even though they didn't actually break up?

Tye and Corbin working together?

Becky cheering on employees getting beat up?

Nakamura just being there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In fairness to Gable, they did hint at some tension between the two after Jordan was brought over to Raw as Kurt's black son.

I still can't type that with a straight face.

If anything the invasion happened too early. Are they going to do that every week now? This week should've started the rivalry with the Kurt/Shane bit backstage, then over the coming weeks start calling out and hurling insults at each other. Maybe have ones popping up causing distractions, like Nattie causing Alexa to lose. Then on the final episodes before SS, have the invasion.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If anything the invasion happened too early. Are they going to do that every week now? This week should've started the rivalry with the Kurt/Shane bit backstage, then over the coming weeks start calling out and hurling insults at each other. Maybe have ones popping up causing distractions, like Nattie causing Alexa to lose. Then on the final episodes before SS, have the invasion.

Yea as much as i enjoyed the invasion thing you are right it should have happened on the last raw/sd before Survivor Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will the Big Dog now retire Kane at the RR before going on to beat Brock at WM and be called the greatest of all time by Vince.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So will the Big Dog now retire Kane at the RR before going on to beat Brock at WM and be called the greatest of all time by Vince.

But he is the GOAT and the Big Dawg and every other animal on the planet. We are all here just to serve our one true god and his Empire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Emma has been released today.

Alongside Darren Young and Summer Rae, I'm not really surprised by the latter but with the way Emma was being used recently. If she was being released why didn't they just have asuka run riot in their matches rather than making Emma look good.

- think it's only a matter of time before it's announced that Neville has been released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The miz is really just a great promo

https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/924801853875015680

This week's shows are an hour earlier due to the time change

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

As mentioned by CastorTroy, this weeks shows are an hour earlier due to clocks changing.

Here's this week's RAW preview.

How will Raw respond to #UnderSiege?
    Find out in 2 weeks time
    Last week, Commissioner Shane McMahon and the Superstars of SmackDown launched a brutal surprise ransacking that brought Raw completely under siege. But how will Team Red respond?

Even though SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan had security on full alert for any retribution Tuesday on SmackDown LIVE, Raw didn’t answer back with a retaliatory strike. How and when will Raw’s response take place? Will a counter-assault happen at all? What is the current the state of mind of the Raw Superstars? Plus, considering that Raw didn’t respond swiftly with a raid of its own on SmackDown LIVE, would Shane dare to attempt a second onslaught on Monday Night Raw this week?

Who will join the Raw Men and Women’s Traditional Survivor Series Teams?
    Just prior to Raw being put under siege, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle was just about to name Team Red combatants in the Men’s Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Match for the Nov. 19 pay-per-view. Earlier in the night, Alicia Fox stunned the WWE Universe when she overcame Bayley and Sasha Banks in a Triple Threat Match to become the captain and first official participant in the Women’s Survivor Series Match.

After the turbulent events that closed out last week’s Monday Night Raw, will Angle decide to reevaluate how he selects the remaining members of his teams? Or will the confident GM simply pick up right where he left off and stay the course?

Will the current Raw titleholders still be in place for their Champion vs. Champion Matches at Survivor Series?
    Last Monday, Angle announced a slew of Champion vs. Champion Matches for the Raw vs. SmackDown battle for brand supremacy, but will the titleholders be able to hold on to their championships long enough to defend them on Sunday, Nov. 19?

Though anything can happen in WWE, Universal Champion Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman seem fairly focused on WWE Champion Jinder Mahal, so perhaps The Beast is secure for the time being. But, that same cannot be said for all other Raw titleholders.

Alexa Bliss has consistently represented Team Red as a formidable Raw Women’s Champion, but her attempts to brag about her successful title defense against Mickie James at WWE TLC were spoiled by the six-time Women’s Champion, who took out Little Miss Bliss with a wicked DDT last week on the red brand. Without a doubt, Mickie isn’t done with the “goddess.” Additionally, the undefeated Asuka triumphed over Emma in her Raw debut, and it likely won’t be long before The Empress of Tomorrow sets her sights of Raw’s top prize.

In his collective reigns, The Miz has held the Intercontinental Title longer than all but two past Superstars, but can The A-Lister remain champion if he continues to antagonize dangerous forces such as Raw General Manager Kurt Angle and The Shield in his never-ending search for respect?

Speaking of The Shield, Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose are not likely to back down from any fight prior to Survivor Series.

Will Elias still be singing a new tune?
    In the middle of his WWE TLC rematch against Jason Jordan last week on Monday Night Raw, Elias introduced his guitar into the contest and knocked the “gold-blooded” Superstar into next week.

Well, now that we are reaching next week, will Jordan be on hand to play his own rendition of “Painful Payback” at his adversary’s expense?

Who will be next to dare to step up to Kane?
    Hopefully nobody
    At WWE TLC, Kane took out his own teammate, Braun Strowman, after savagely attacking The Gift of Destruction from behind. The Devil’s Favorite Demon then returned to Monday Night Raw last week to make it clear that he was the only Monster that matters in WWE. Though it has been reported that Strowman will be out for weeks or perhaps even months after being thrown into a garbage truck by his own team at the pay-per-view, The Big Red Machine is looking for competition. After taking care of Finn Bálor in brutal fashion, who will be next?

Steph's back.

Christ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Kurt's public castration in 3...2...1

So Kurt as the leader of Team Raw

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement