Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He's been working with trash to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nakamaura always peaked for the big shows and taken it easier on smaller shows but give him AJ at mania and he will bring it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    The tepid reaction for Broken Matt was a bit sad. 8 or 9 months ago it would've got big reaction but now it's just like "Oh yeah, he did that thing before..."

****ing wwe and there booking. Can see this broken matt stuff falling apart now unless were all surprised

can see Nakamura or Reigns winning the rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Matt making the delete sign in the corner to a near dead reaction is everything i taught would happen, even if they use it, its going nowhere, he may just hope when jeff comes back, he doesnt get pushed as a singles star, which i think he will

As for the rest of the show, absolutely pointless apart from Samoa Joe, just keep letting him run through people i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Samoa Joe, just keep letting him run through people i say

He's Reigns' next feed and that'll be that

He's Reigns' next feed and that'll be that

Probably, unless the 29 rumble entrants are his next feed instead

Probably, unless the 29 rumble entrants are his next feed instead

One versus all

Reigns winning another Rumble does sweet fa for him, and sweet fa to elevate him, if he's to face Brock then whoever is facing the WWE champion on SD should win the Rumble (please be Nakamura)

One versus all

Reigns winning another Rumble does sweet fa for him, and sweet fa to elevate him, if he's to face Brock then whoever is facing the WWE champion on SD should win the Rumble (please be Nakamura)

I couldnt agree more, im just thinking as its raw, vince might want brocks opponent to have the toughest route to mania.

One versus all

Shane McMahon winning the rumble or Daniel Bryan (if he gets cleared). KO winning would be Ok. hope it's not someone like Orton or Mahel. Nakamura would be good but even better if AJ is still wwe champ

on the Raw side we have Reigns, Joe, Kane (sadly) or Strowman capable of winning but other guys like Elias, Finn, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, Sheamus too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Paige's promo was absolutely terrible. No heat for any of it & with all the delivery of a wet sock.
    Even worst than Bray's which is an achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Hardys are dead in the water, such a huge waste. They were such a great team this time last year, now they're just two guys on the roster.

Jeff was crazy over when he was last there, and they never showed any interest in doing anything with him before he got injured which was mental.

The guy could work, kids love him, huge merch mover and knows how to pop a crowd and its not as if they have many guys that tick those boxes on the roster whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finn's music got a decent reaction yet he's still not over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Paige's clown make up, her weird Brit-American accent and her annoying "I'm baaaaack" and "This is my house" have me already wishing she'd go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

If WWE are willing to go "all in" with the Broken gimmick there's no reason why it couldn't reignite.....but they'll probably just send him out on his own and it will die a painful death.

Reby, Benjamin, Nero, Maxell.....the gimmick was a sum of its parts type of deal with a delightful Matt Hardy steering the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When was Lesnar's last title defence, "30 day rule" not applying to him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Summerslam I think? Yeah, the 30 day thing only seems to happen when they need it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That only applies to World Champions. He's champion of the Universe.

Ah, but Finn had to give up the Champion of the Universe title. Maybe it's a 30 week rule

Every time I look at Paige I'm reminded of Michael Jackson for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's because he's dead, just like the crowds reaction to Paige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

One versus all

The annoying thing is, they actually have a babyface (AJ) the fans would totally accept going through 29 guys to win the Rumble. Imagine the growing excitement, the longer he stays in it? Or imagine the heat you could get on a heel who eventually screws him to win it with the final elimination?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The annoying thing is, they actually have a babyface (AJ) the fans would totally accept going through 29 guys to win the Rumble. Imagine the growing excitement, the longer he stays in it? Or imagine the heat you could get on a heel who eventually screws him to win it with the final elimination?

Yep, same with Nakamura people would love him going through everyone on his way to winning

One thing I've always said with Reigns is how not embracing him as the heel is not just ruining him, but he'd be such a good foil for others to face and the fans would be behind whoever is against Reigns so much

angle and jordons acting is so so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor Jordan.

Tossed into the deep end of a sewage tank with the Angle storyline. Never stood a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm liking this Jordan heel turn. He tells Joe he doesn't need to sneak attack people and then he does exactly that to Reigns. That was nice. The Angle's son storyline has been trash but hopefully this turn can refresh him. I think he has great potential.

I'm liking this Jordan heel turn. He tells Joe he doesn't need to sneak attack people and then he does exactly that to Reigns. That was nice. The Angle's son storyline has been trash but hopefully this turn can refresh him. I think he has great potential.

when will Angle find out the truth ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    when will Angle find out the truth ???

I wonder will they do a big angle tonight? Maybe they want to keep it going for a few more weeks.

I wonder will they do a big angle tonight? Maybe they want to keep it going for a few more weeks.

maybe Kurt will get it as an Xmas present ??

nice card to accompanie it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I enjoyed the Jordan stuff. he over-acted it, but it was good. The heel turn is in full swing, and it suited him.

WWE knows how to book heels, i'll give them that.

it's a pity they haven't a fúcking notion how to book a babyface, which is far more important.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SlickRic wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Jordan stuff. he over-acted it, but it was good. The heel turn is in full swing, and it suited him.

WWE knows how to book heels, i'll give them that.

it's a pity they haven't a fúcking notion how to book a babyface, which is far more important.

Jordan, on paper, was put into the right matches, places to give him underdog status, cedible as a foe for established guys, yet in execution they never gave anyone a reason to like him other than a link to Kurt.

The Jordan thing is confusing. He comes out moaning, says how he challenges Reigns face to face then attacks from behind. He then saves Reigns from Joe only for Reigns to attack him. So who in that scenario is face and heel?

Did Cole just say Elias looks like he's seen the ghost of Tom Jones? Is Tom Jones aware of his deceased status?

On a side note, I actually listened to that Machine Gun Kelly song "Home" as it is on netflix promoting Bright. Had to look up to see if it was from the same guys who did that "See You Again" from Fast 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jordan, on paper, was put into the right matches, places to give him underdog status, cedible as a foe for established guys, yet in execution they never gave anyone a reason to like him other than a link to Kurt.

also, you can't give him underdog status if he's the GM's son, who nobody can suspend their disbelief for one second in order to buy that he is the GM's son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

[quote=CastorTroy;105471289

Did Cole just say Elias looks like he's seen the ghost of Tom Jones? Is Tom Jones aware of his deceased status? [/quote]

The ghost of Tom Joad. A Bruce Springsteen song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn is on a slow road to nowhere!

A move to Smackdown or a heel turn or both is needed to save him from generic wrestler mode and becoming part of Jobber Inc with the Miztourage!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Finn is on a slow road to nowhere!

A move to Smackdown or a heel turn or both is needed to save him from generic wrestler mode and becoming part of Jobber Inc with the Miztourage!

I know WWE put a lot of restrictions on how a wrestler can work but I've been pretty underwhelmed with some of Balor's matches since his return from injury.

Seems to have lost a step of pace or something. Could be a bit of age catching up with him. He's been going hard at it for what now, 16, 17 years??

Looked great in the AJ match.

Then again, AJ could probably get a 4 star match out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

"The ramblings of a madman can be very dangerous, especially for those of you who listen"

Ironic coming from Bray Wyatt..

have a feeling Vince doesn't like Finn and sadly his time could be numbered with wwe esp if Finn decides '**** this why an I wasting my time here'. if he was a heel leader in the club he would be so cool

Elias is actually getting over a little bit and he was never one of the big guys in NXT

the opening segment involving Jordon,Joe and Reigns was confusing as clearly everyone was face one min then heel than face again

love Strowman but the realisation that Kane is still a major character after all these years is worrying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

have a feeling Vince doesn't like Finn and sadly his time could be numbered with wwe esp if Finn decides '**** this why an I wasting my time here'. if he was a heel leader in the club he would be so cool

His bank balance would be a comfort?

Winning matches on RAW, on front of thousands in an arena, millions at home, not needing to damage himself on indy or Japanese shows, getting booked every week. Where did it all go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

DM_7 wrote: »
    His bank balance would be a comfort?

Winning matches on RAW, on front of thousands in an arena, millions at home, not needing to damage himself on indy or Japanese shows, getting booked every week. Where did it all go wrong.

Getting injured the night he beat Rollins to become the first Universal Champion.

Elias is going to be a star.

Finn's booking has been so shat that there's only one explanation; he's definitely facing Brock at RR. This is how they do things; one second you're a jobber, the next you're Jack Swagger and Heavyweight Champ. :P

Elias is another strange one. I'm pretty sure he wasn't popular at all in NXT yet now people seem to enjoy him. And he works well when having partners singing with him.

So is Emma forgotten about by WWE now she's no longer there? Seems Alicia is the first person to get any offence against Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Getting injured the night he beat Rollins to become the first Universal Champion.

I can imagine how little Vince thinks of his mic skills or non existent personality :o

• Advertisement

anyone watch the Corey Graves with Roman Reigns ???

Reigns came off quite well and it's really odd that he's been there at mania and done that (Won the wwe title and beat Taker) but still hes going too beat Brock at 34

Reigns came off quite well and it's really odd that he's been there at mania and done that (Won the wwe title and beat Taker) but still hes going too beat Brock at 34

I watched it earlier. It was good to hear his thoughts on his sickness, the feud with Cena, the night after Mania. One thing I didn't like was the cheesy music they played in parts. I wish they just let it be an interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I haven't seen it and I don't intend to see it. I don't like Roman as a wrestler and every interview I see makes me dislike him more. He always seems very cocky.That is just my opinion of him, if people like him then more power to you!

I just saw this posted by Superstar Billy Graham on his FB page and I would agree with the sentiment but in Romans defence I have not seen the video and Superstar is always opinionated but that's why I like him!
    EGOMANIAC
    That is the only word I can think of to describe Roman Reigns
    in an interview he did last night on the new WWE Network's
    Straight to the Source with Corey Graves. This egomaniac
    Roman Reigns gave the following lofty self assessment of,
    "You know I'm the best performer in-ring in the world right now."
    He went on to say he is WWE's top guy every day of the week.
    This guy is so full of bull sh*t, I can smell him all the 3,000 miles
    away here in the desert of Phoenix, Arizona. I want to know what this guy has been smoking for real, pot maybe? He always looks half stoned and in a semi-comatose condition anyway, photo below.
    One fan has written in response to Reigns, "the chicks dig him" Oh god man come on, just because the chicks dig you does that mean you are over? This guy is so full of himself he makes me sick. This is your future fans, you got to live with this 2nd Rock who thinks he is a god, Good luck.

Meant to ask, why is Nia the only woman who gets her weight announced?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to ask, why is Nia the only woman who gets her weight announced?

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/912447638485610496

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement