Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That would be a terrible idea.
    both singles titles on part timers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I don't believe it's true. ^^^^

I'd like to walk with Elias for 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ahh **** it's gonna happen isn't it

He's here.. It's gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

reckon if CM Punks theme hit the roof would be blown off the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The entire ad free hour is just gonna be Cena and Elias isn't it...

There's been bad segments recently..but wow..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The entire ad free hour is just gonna be Cena and Elias isn't it...

There's been bad segments recently..but wow..

someone didn't tell sky about this ad free hour ??

what the hell is that gold fan in front row ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuk Sky with there ads breaking the best opening in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan
    new RAW Tag Team Champions

Lithium93_ wrote: »

odd but could work towards a heel turn for one of the guys (one of them costs both the titles)

With Dean Ambrose out til late summer 2018 and Reigns being put back in the Main Event picture, theres not much left for rollins unless he moves to SD after they
    lose the tag titles

PTH2009 wrote: »
    reckon if CM Punks theme hit the roof would be blown off the place

It's already been done before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That's a big, big moment for Jason Jordan. Cause it probably sets him on course for a feud with Rollins, and this time of the year, with only the Rumble between now and Mania for Raw (right?), that probably means we have a good chance of getting Rollins vs Jordan Mania.

I'd imagine Jordon will be super arrogant, thinking he's great for winning the title. That face/heel dynamic between them.

Also sets up Dean to return as a heel too, getting annoyed that Rollins replaced him so quickly and easily.

Other than that, some good matches but not much else of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Very weird how the Shield reunion is effectively over. Even before Ambrose was injured, stopped using the gear and music after TLC besides 1 or 2 occasions. Really strange treatment of the reformation of probably their most famous faction in recent memory.

Usual Raw really judging from the highlights, coincidentally I'm rewatching 97 Raw at the moment (my favourite year of WWE) and im just in the middle of the Austin\HBK reluctant tag champs storyline so it'll be interesting to compare the two.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I decided to stop watching at the start of the womens match and delete the show ha. Skipped over the Cena/Elias match since it was clear Cena would win

RIP to Finn Balor's career on RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"First ever Universal Champion"

*Collar flick*

Beat jobber.

Rinse and repeat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

RIP to Finn Balor's career on RAW.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

DM_7 wrote: »
    How?

He's doing sweet FA of merit

Stolen from Reddit

https://imgur.com/a/ko0MQ

The closing shot of each episode of Raw in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Meltzer slated Cena vs Elias. Didn't see it myself but post Rumble I think Cena has phoned it in a lot in 2017.

Interesting stat
    As seen on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw.....Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan defeated Sheamus and Cesaro to win the Raw Tag Team Titles.

As a result of winning this title, Jordan achieved a major accomplishment. He was the first man to win all three WWE Tag Team Titles including the NXT, SmackDown, and Raw Championships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

not seen the match, but Elias while he has a great gimmick which he plays really well, he has never been that good of a worker.

15 minute match with Elias has sadly potential to go haywire.

Never even realised that WWE meant Walk With Elias

He's doing sweet FA of merit

Getting booked every week and generally winning. Good spot to be in.

Elias was doing great in my opinion and slated the fans well for the Punk chants then Super Jolly (can't say anything bad about the fans) Cena jumped in a ruined it.

Oh dear, Kendrick ended up with fractures from the GTS. Bad start for Hideo (and Brian obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He’s hurt several people with his GTS hasn’t he? I can see him being told to stop using it.

• Advertisement

He used a submission move on 205.

Strikes me though that the issue was Kendrick didn't protect himself from the move...

Apparently he used a new submission finisher last night. Unless he already that?

Edit: Like TSC said.

The GTS on RAW was probably just an FU to Punk since they were in Chi town.

Or giving people what they want. I remember he didn;t do it on NXT and it was like he was building to it/teasing it until he went out injured. Then when he came back he started using it

The GTS on RAW was probably just an FU to Punk since they were in Chi town.

He used it the week before on RAW and was hitting it on NXT, as far back as his return anyway when he landed it on Aries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought JJ was turning heel :confused: would Finn have been a better option as a new partner for Seth

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought JJ was turning heel :confused: would Finn have been a better option as a new partner for Seth

They’re scrapping the JJ heel turn and pushing him as a face again but in a higher spot now.

Loughc wrote: »
    They’re scrapping the JJ heel turn and pushing him as a face again but in a higher spot now.

I'm hoping it's cause the plan is for a slower burn heel turn. Have him get massively arrogant and cocky about being champions with Seth, tease some conflict by having him eliminate Seth at the Rumble, etc.

His character is so easy to hate, I want them to lean into that....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Woooo another Roman Reigns :pac::pac::pac:.

They could have them work together fine up until the Rumble where Rollins eliminates Jordan . He starts to get pissed off but Rollins tells him its every man for themselves but Jordan never gets over it. Then when they lose the titles Jordan snaps and takes out Rollins for a few weeks(kayfabe). Jordan goes full cocky heel and says how he took out the future of wwe etc etc , Rollins returns the week or 2 before WM for a revenge beat down and challenges him to a match at WM

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://rajah.com/node/59601

This is sad reading. Even sadder that they over looked Balor again.

No harm if they did. They need some more face performers. This could be great for him.

Having him with Rollins gives him a real credibility as he replaces Ambrose, importantly in tag maches he can go back to cathcing the eye like he did on NXT with hot tags, big moves. He gets to win a few maches now but not in a lol Reigns/Cena wins kind of way.

A heel turn, if it happened may have just saw him losing to everyone anyway.

The ending where they were all buddy buddy, follow ups on social media with Jordan looking at Rollins almost lovingly suggest they will end up fighting each other so he might get his heel run.

I know it won't happen but I would like to see him get an IC title shot with Rollins stuck between his old pal and new pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just saw on instagram, Raw will be 25 years next month, wonder what they have planned for it.

Kolido wrote: »
    Just saw on instagram, Raw will be 25 years next month, wonder what they have planned for it.

I saw that
    JR & Lawler will be reuniting for the night
    , apart from that I haven't seen anything else...

I saw that
    JR & Lawler will be reuniting for the night
    , apart from that I haven't seen anything else...
    Cena is confirmed, and Taker looks set too. HBK and Kevin Nash also rumoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They are having it in two arenas on the same night, one in the Manhattan center where the first Raw was.

• Advertisement

"Okay, people. We gotta get the belt off Roman before the Rumble but we can't make our Big Dog look weak while doing it. Ideas?"

https://twitter.com/realkurtangle/status/946838373636784128

"Genius!"

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Okay, people. We gotta get the belt off Roman before the Rumble but we can't make our Big Dog look weak while doing it. Ideas?"

https://twitter.com/realkurtangle/status/946838373636784128

"Genius!"

Is there a reason for that stipulation, story wise? Don't remember Roman doing anything to warrant it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Brock could attack Joe and get a PPV match with him, kill two birds with the one stone until Roman beats Brock and kills one big crowd with his two moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is there a reason for that stipulation, story wise? Don't remember Roman doing anything to warrant it.

He got DQ’ed in his last title defence, so in fairness, they’ve covered their tracks here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »

Getting himself DQ'd on the Christmas Day episode would be the reason

I'd be banking on a Miz return to cost Reigns

Sky have RAW on another channel again tonight for those who have it on series link.

Now to ruin Braun by making him the New Year's Baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Good start to the show

30 women will be intresting to see who the suprises are as i guess its only around 15ish women on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

sky88 wrote: »
    Good start to the show

30 women will be intresting to see who the suprises are as i guess its only around 15ish women on the roster.

I'd say 20 excluding the champs. I wonder is there any chance we see Gail Kim,Layla and a couple of other old favs of mine.

There'll definitely be two or three nxt girls also.

• Advertisement

Alexa is terrible. She was jumping out of the way of drop-kicks and leaving 2ft gaps of no contact.

Even WWE's jittery camera-work couldn't hide it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement