Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bruan is the man and wwe needs to realise this and stick the title on him at the rumble.

Liking these tweaks to jason jordan character

Holy crap is it finally happening with the club

That pop was awesome but theyll turn on finn is my prediction and miz will come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hadn’t seen Raw in ages but that was enjoyable overall. I wish they’d stop saying Big Dog every 10 seconds in a Reigns match.

Also they obviously don’t have anything major planned for Balor at the moment so they’re just keeping him occupied. They’re still featuring him and having him win every week so I guess they like him but there’s no real storyline going on. Maybe they’ll actually put him with Gallows and Anderson for a while but even that feels like it could have been given a bit of a build.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A while since i bothered with RAW.

I didn't see all the show yet but what I saw was good and it was wrestling heavy show. Even seeing Crews competitive v Bray was a nice change from what I remember RAW to be like.

Always a fan of people booked to look good even in defeat.

Bray Wyatt's face at the end of Matts video was funny, never see Bray out weirdoed before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

only heard results didn't watch yet

are the club heel or face ???

we got what we wanted and people still aren't about the reunion happy going by social media ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought there were a tonne of nice moments.

Seth actually being an "Architect", subtly manipulating Jordon in a bid to improve him and their team. I really like the team and the story there.

Joe saying Dean now is a "stay at home husband living off his wife's paycheque"....to Renee! And her reaction was stellar too.

Bray with the "wait, is this how people feel when I cut these inane promos" moment of self-reflection.

The Club reunion is...we got the end point but the pairing of them seems a bit out of nowhere and jarring. But hopefully, it's done now, and we can move on to bigger and better things for all three. Not the ideal start, but it's rockin' now.

The Kane/Brock bit at the end was really bad though, in my opinion. Brock stopping to react to music that hadn't hit yet, the lack of intensity in the brawl. It was just boring.

I do like that the 205ers are getting some heavyweight guys involved in their stories. Right, Goldust's top rope move was a bit slow but its fun seeing interactions with new characters for them.

• Advertisement

Finn, Anderson and gallows just looked so damm happy during everything they did last night.

im guessing its finn vs miz at mania for the IC title which i think miz will win from roman before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Saw the Kane/Brock thing at the end. Now that was one dead crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even not slowed down, these looked awful. Alexa is seriously crap at taking moves...

https://gfycat.com/ParchedLeftAnteater

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOxfdoEoU8QpZLzC8/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ueZpcRcj1G5L5n2/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7525GSmMgUkBA4tW/giphy.gif

Not only makes herself look bad but the other wrestler too. She's lucky she's gorgeous and can talk trash to take the focus off.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Even not slowed down, these looked awful. Alexa is seriously crap at taking moves...

https://gfycat.com/ParchedLeftAnteater

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOxfdoEoU8QpZLzC8/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ueZpcRcj1G5L5n2/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7525GSmMgUkBA4tW/giphy.gif

Not only makes herself look bad but the other wrestler too. She's lucky she's gorgeous and can talk trash to take the focus off.

That is just embarassing.

if they are going with Taker vs Cena at mania will they start the buildup at the 25th Anniversary Raw ???

they could have Taker then play mind games on Cena and at the rumble Takers music hits and distracts cena getting him eliminated from the match ???

Theres so many possiblites for mania ATM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It could have been built to, Finn could have not been involved as a member of the Lockeroom to come out at the end... but the smiles on their faces when The Club & Balor finally got to work together. So easy for the WWE to put them together and yet it almost feels like the first time they have actually used either for ages given the lack of character development they have given them till now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

giphy.webp

It could have been built to, Finn could have not been involved as a member of the Lockeroom to come out at the end... but the smiles on their faces when The Club & Balor finally got to work together. So easy for the WWE to put them together and yet it almost feels like the first time they have actually used either for ages given the lack of character development they have given them till now.

They seem to be plugging it as an ongoing “reunion” rather than a one off on social media so I think the plan must be for them to go after The Miz(tourage).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hardly a surprise the only passable matches she ever had were with Becky Lynch. Other than that most were below average to just bad.
    I've not religiously watched Raw in recent weeks so rely on YouTube but Woken Matt seems to be an act reliant entirely on viewers being a fan of it previously. The new segments are boring; we have no real backstory on the character being created unlike in Tna where that was handled very carefully.
    So far there is not a lot of creativity.
    Nothing like the compound, lake of reincarnation, Vangard 1 or his family. I'm not expecting a straight copy but I thought they'd offer more than vignettes with laughter, breaking glass & split screen picture. Just seems to be just another character rather than something completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Alexa taps to an armbar on the arm we know whe can dislocate. I'm guessing that will come into play when it's actually for the title.

So Kurt said it'll be the same rules, but never said entering every 60/90 seconds. Hope it does work that way, though they don't have as much talent to carry long breaks.

The Club reunion was strange since I believe Gallows and Anderson are still heel.

I see Finn is one of the locker room guys holding people back that they don't give the likes of Roman.

I always enjoy Drew Gulak saying Enzo's words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Are there rumours of a Taker return?

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Are there rumours of a Taker return?

hes slated to appear at the Raw 25th Anniversary show on the 22nd Jan and there are rumours he will have a match at Mania 34 or go into the HOF

rumoured opponents are Cena, Batistia, Goldberg and Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Since the good brothers hate nerds I wonder what they make of Finn's love of lego :D

If they are together for legit then I hope they turn heel after a while, even if they're going to be cheered, similar to The New Day and The Usos they'd need to be heels to really be characters, a face turn could happen a few months down the line then again ala New Day and Usos

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I kinda find it funny with Seth giving Jordan tips on how to be in a tag team when he has won tag titles twice before this one.

I agree with the Matt Hardy stuff , the best thing about the character when he was in TNA was the slow build up to along with him getting the most ridiculous things over with the crowd (like a old boat , a drone and his father in law) along with the matches such as final deletion.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

While I'm happy to see them finally put the three of them together, they went about it in an incredibly underwhelming way. Two heels are suddenly faces for no reason other than just cos'. Could of had the miztourage do a beat down on Finn and have Gallows and Anderson tease helping him before they all come together. To be honest, being used to crap WWE booking at this stage, this seems like a way to just keep them busy, give them horrible smiley kid humour promos and take away their edge, just so they can kill it in a few months and say "See, we told you the Bullet Club idea wouldn't work here you marks!" And that'll be that. Hope I'm wrong but considering how they handled the Club first go around and just made Gallows and Anderson into John Cena's whipping boys i don't see this going much differently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

26166013_1405620226234030_2580725377511777236_n.jpg?oh=1263b1200bb2fd44631280b556292a81&oe=5AF8834D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Balor Club, seriously? Should've just left the name as The Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shíte off, Young Bucks.

Shíte off, Young Bucks.

Only giving back what the WWE threw at them first.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Only giving back what the WWE threw at them first.

I like the bucks but i think they were taunting wwe to do something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who actually owns the rights to Bullet Club?

CastorTroy wrote: »

New japan im pretty sure

CastorTroy wrote: »

New Japan own it.

Got the vibe of a cocky Balor coming through this week so that matches up with the Club's deal.

Anything that gets Finn away from nice guy face that wr ate supposed to route for 'just because' has to be a good thing for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I didn't think much of this show. I liked the Reigns/Joe match and the Joe/Renee interview but that was about it.

I would agree on Alexa Bliss's poor performance. She is a good promo but the last match of hers that I enjoyed was against Becky a long time ago. I think it would be a good move to take the title off her and let others have the focus for the time being. I find her shtick tiresome now.

The Balor Club, seriously? Should've just left the name as The Club.

That's not an official WWE account is it? I don't think they were called that anywhere else. Yet.

Pentecost wrote: »
    That's not an official WWE account is it? I don't think they were called that anywhere else. Yet.

It is, seen it on Twitter. Someone clearly jumped the gun and used property not trademarked to the WWE..

It is, seen it on Twitter. Someone clearly jumped the gun and used property not trademarked to the WWE..

Yeah sorry just looked it up on Facebook. I was thinking of a different account.

So with RAW's 25th anniversary on the horizon, here's (spoiler tagged obviously) who's lined up for that show.
    Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler
    The Undertaker
    Shawn Michaels
    Mick Foley
    Ric Flair
    Kevin Nash
    John Cena
    Brock Lesnar
    X Pac

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

So with RAW's 25th anniversary on the horizon, here's (spoiler tagged obviously) who's lined up for that show.
    The Undertaker
    Shawn Michaels
    Mick Foley
    Ric Flair
    Kevin Nash
    John Cena
    Brock Lesnar
    X Pac

Surely they will try and get The Rock to show? He hasn't been on Raw in 2 years. Austin as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hogan makes a return.

• Advertisement

Pinkman wrote: »
    Surely they will try and get The Rock to show? He hasn't been on Raw in 2 years. Austin as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hogan makes a return.

rocks to busy to show up a video possibly from him.

Austin seems perfectly happy not showing up unless its worth it so cant see him eithier

hulks anyones guess really

RAW 25th anniversary, The Rock live.... Via Satellite. Joking aside, he's crazy busy going by his Instagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

RAW 25th anniversary, The Rock live.... Via Satellite. Joking aside, he's crazy busy going by his Instagram.

Couldn't put it past him to show up and blow the roof off the place.

Didn't he show up on a random Raw to face off against Rusev not too long ago.

He turned up in 2016 and returned to confront Rusev in 2014.

who cares about the rock the real Hollywood superstar is back tonight

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/950405759220695040

• Advertisement

It's a sad day when the Miz is exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote:

via Tout no?

It's a sad day when the Miz is exciting.

why hes good in the ring and one of the very best on the mic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    why hes good in the ring and one of the very best on the mic

While I agree its not sad, hes very entertaining........ I think hes passable in the ring at best.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While I agree its not sad, hes very entertaining........ I think hes passable in the ring at best.

i think in the last 2 years hes improved in ring so much.

compare him now to him when he was wwe champion and hes 10 times better

granted he was bad then

The Undertaker
    Shawn Michaels
    Mick Foley
    Ric Flair
    Kevin Nash
    John Cena
    Brock Lesnar
    X Pac

actaully looking forward to the show and it will surly set up a massive mania match or hint it one

as regards taker i can him appearing and either
    setting up a final mania match with someone (Cena, Strowman or Goldberg) or Offically saying goodbye and him going into the HOF 2018
    or it could be none of those things and he will only appear for a few mins

Wasant
    Goldberg and Batistia
    due to appear too

Miz would be a great McMahon. But he is no star wrestler.

ERG89 wrote: »
    via Tout no?

Nah The Great One's return will be via Instagram Live :pac:

Nah The Great One's return will be via Instagram Live :pac:

no Facebook live to hype the new mixed match series

on cena vs taker
    In an update, Bryan Alvarez spoke about the upcoming special edition of Raw on Sunday’s edition of Wrestling Observer Live. He speculated that Taker will tease his retirement on the show. This would lead to Cena walking out as Taker is announcing his retirement and Cena would challenge The Dreadman to one final match at WrestleMania.

Alvarez would go onto to state that there is a big plan for Cena at the upcoming event and that it’s bigger than any championship matches on the card.

a lot of negative reactions to this but id be happy with the match as its something ive always wanted to see at mania. The match itself could be tripe but if theres one man that will risk his body for love of the sports its Taker. Its the closet to a big mega match we will see

He's annoying, and really all that good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement