Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fluck me a cocky heel type Finn Balor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    fluck me a cocky heel type Finn Balor

He's better already!

He's better already!

I'm grinning ear to ear

I love this and hopefully it's the start of great things for Finn and the Balor club

so we're getting the club vs shield (-1) with Jordon

woken Matts theme is actually quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Further additions for RAW's 25 anniversary show, again spoiler tagged.
    Stone Cold, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, JBL, Ron Simmons, Bubba Dudley, D Von Dudley, & The Bella Twins

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

And this one is OVER.

Love it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love Brawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt faceoff was all kinds of cringey shít. Matt is already being made into a joke. that is not a gimmick, as WWE are currently booking it, is a lower-mid card nonsense in waiting.

Brawn is awesome.

I'm getting bored by Brock now.

Alexa and Nia's verbiage and acting (mainly Nia) was some of the worst you can ever be made watch. it's everything that's wrong with the way the show has been written over the last number of years. Fúcking horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

SlickRic wrote: »
    Alexa and Nia's verbiage and acting (mainly Nia) was some of the worst you can ever be made watch. it's everything that's wrong with the way the show has been written over the last number of years. Fúcking horrendous.

I'm interested in this, must try and find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

By the numbers Raw tbh. Mix of strange booking (Cesaro & Sheamus minutes after getting a tag title match at the Rumble lose to Titus Brand). Jax flattening Asuka. The Dull, drawn out segment with Matt & the insufferable Bray Wyatt who could kill the momentum of a 98 Steve Austin.
    Main event finish was overbooked & poorly performed as Rollins got a magic killer straight in front of Jordan who should have probably not stood around like an idiot. Even then it was a bit of a chinlock fest match.
    Braun dragging down the structure on Lesnar & Kane was kinda childish up watch. Was I meant to take it seriously when the commentators just moved on & continued the show after it. Lesnar did a stretcher job but nobody cared as it was so implausible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Crowd went nuts for Miz didn't they? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ERG89 wrote: »
    By the numbers Raw tbh. Mix of strange booking (Cesaro & Sheamus minutes after getting a tag title match at the Rumble lose to Titus Brand). Jax flattening Asuka. The Dull, drawn out segment with Matt & the insufferable Bray Wyatt who could kill the momentum of a 98 Steve Austin.
    Main event finish was overbooked & poorly performed as Rollins got a magic killer straight in front of Jordan who should have probably not stood around like an idiot. Even then it was a bit of a chinlock fest match.
    Braun dragging down the structure on Lesnar & Kane was kinda childish up watch. Was I meant to take it seriously when the commentators just moved on & continued the show after it. Lesnar did a stretcher job but nobody cared as it was so implausible

And if I was 12 again I would have loved the **** out of that.

Saying that as someone middle aged I loved the **** out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I actually thought it was a really solid Raw and Miz shone like a diamond on his return, as expected. But hey, nitpickers gotta nitpick...

I'm real life something like that falling on top of u would kill u stone dead

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »

Plus you could clearly see that the structure didnt even land on Brock or Kane since you could see there was room between Brock/Kane and the structure. They very easily crawled out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:

That's the thing. Heyman sold it like a trooper as did Lesnar going out on a stretcher(genuinely can't remember him doing that too often) but it just happened & the show went on like they know how out of date that stuff is.
    Angle didn't address it or the commentators didn't stress how should big of a deal that was.
    Oh Braun up to his ol antics again what'll he do next, anyway here is a time filler match with Joe vs Rhyno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently Joe has picked up a legit injury again. Shame.

Elias has replaced him in the MMC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I like Braun, but he can look as badass as he likes between ppv's, hes not gonna be theee guy for a good while yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

And now i cant wait for the 25th anniversary show

Cole hammering home the name Balor Club already has me sick of the name..

Should've just left it as The Club.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Cole hammering home the name Balor Club already has me sick of the name..

Should've just left it as The Club.

Why?

Balor and The Club joined together.

Now it is Balor Club. Finn is the central part of it so carries his name.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Why?

Balor and The Club joined together.

Now it is Balor Club. Finn is the central part of it so carries his name.

Well anyone who knows or follows wrestling outside of the WWE should know the history between the 3 men, but nope WWE insist on the name and hammering it home via Michael Cole who has a habit of doing it. For example with Sasha Banks & Roman Reigns, fair enough he's got Vince probably yelling in his ear.

The Club would've been just as fine as a name.

Well anyone who knows or follows wrestling outside of the WWE should know the history between the 3 men, but nope WWE insist on the name and hammering it home via Michael Cole who has a habit of doing it. For example with Sasha Banks & Roman Reigns, fair enough he's got Vince probably yelling in his ear.

The Club would've been just as fine as a name.

Thats like 10% of the audience tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I thought Finn did well, certainly the most comfortable I've seen him. As always though I question the interest/belief creative have in making it work.

Let it be natural. Forget the nerd catchphrase that people don't really give a sh1t about and constantly referring to the awkwardly named Balor Club.

Also, the booking last night felt non-commital/hedging bets. Having an unfocused 3 way feud between the Miztourage, Club and Shield + Jordan is not going to do Finn and the club any favours.

I think it is that Karl and Doc were The Club but they have joined Balor (Club) rather than Finn joining them.

Makes sense for the main guys name to carry over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yanno when you try something new and you love it, so you have it again. First thing in the trolley. God it's great let's get more. Few weeks later you're sick of it after having so much.

Woken Matt is going down this route, is there anything else to it at all besides delete and that laugh? And don't even get me started on that bloody glass shattering thing they do before Matt

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Am I imagining things or did I see Finn finally showing a bit of personality?

Loughc wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or did I see Finn finally showing a bit of personality?

No, you actually saw Finn showing a slither of personality..

No, you actually saw Finn showing a slither of personality..

little smart cocky bolexe he is too

love it though

Having his mates beside him gave him a bit more confidence on the mic as well.

I wonder will they expand the Club maybe give Giant Bernard one last run or is he happily retired down in NXT.

• Advertisement

Jesus I hope not

A club expansion could definitely work down the line if AJ ends up on the same brand as them. Have a power struggle between himself and Finn for leadership of the group and Finn is betrayed. That way he comes back out of the group as a babyface, AJ is a heel again along with Gallows and Anderson where they’re all best and Finn is out for revenge, which basically gets anyone super-over. Win-win-win situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who's ready for a 5 hour Raw?

twitter.com/OfficialTCA/status/950875514461409283

3 hours of which will be ads.

Can’t wait for the 1 hour opening monologue from Steph. That’s a lot of time for emasculation.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Who's ready for a 5 hour Raw?

twitter.com/OfficialTCA/status/950875514461409283

3 hours of which will be ads.

May god have mercy on anyone who stays up to watch it, also spare a thought for the live audience.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can’t wait for the 1 hour opening monologue from Steph. That’s a lot of time for emasculation.

A RAW 25 special, she'll run down both rosters, and awkwardly try to start YES! chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Apparently it’s still three hours it’s just that there are two simultaneous events running which WWE will be switching between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't understand the 2 shows thing. How does that work?
    And a 5 hour raw the monday before a 4 hour PPV would definitely be overkill

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't understand the 2 shows thing. How does that work?
    And a 5 hour raw the monday before a 4 hour PPV would definitely be overkill

I think what they meant is Raw at the Barclays Arena is a 3 hour event while at the Manhattan Centre it’s a 2 hour event. They will run simultaneously, switching between the two so in reality Raw will still only air for 3 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

martyos121 wrote: »
    A club expansion could definitely work down the line if AJ ends up on the same brand as them. Have a power struggle between himself and Finn for leadership of the group and Finn is betrayed. That way he comes back out of the group as a babyface, AJ is a heel again along with Gallows and Anderson where they’re all best and Finn is out for revenge, which basically gets anyone super-over. Win-win-win situation.

said this moths ago easiest booking you'll ever do and its pure money aj/finn should have been the year long build to a great wrestlemania match

Loughc wrote: »
    I think what they meant is Raw at the Barclays Arena is a 3 hour event while at the Manhattan Centre it’s a 2 hour event. They will run simultaneously, switching between the two so in reality Raw will still only air for 3 hours.

So its like when they claim they have 6 billion followers on social media, and what they are doing is combining it all together to sound more impressive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So its like when they claim they have 6 billion followers on social media, and what they are doing is combining it all together to sound more impressive?

I have a couple of hundred on my twitter account but 90% of them are slags from Bradford and Newcastle who want me to pay to see their tits.

The Nal wrote: »
    I have a couple of hundred on my twitter account but 90% of them are slags from Bradford and Newcastle who want me to pay to see their tits.

I know it’s still early January but surely this is going to be post of the year.

Eric Bischoff
    the latest name added to RAW's 25th anniversary show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bruce Prichard
    is also confirmed to be part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bruce Prichard
    is also confirmed to be part of it.

I know how that's going to go anyway.

Is
    Sgt Slaughter
    going to be at it he played a major role in getting DX over.

Is
    Sgt Slaughter
    going to be at it he played a major role in getting DX over.

he was shown on a video last night so yes probably will be.

Also
    Vince Russo
    wasn't invited apparently and he's not at all happy.

Spoiler, that's not a spoiler.

Russo not being invited is no shock.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement