Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dont think so, he just had reconstructive knee surgery, but he did post on instagram i think it was, that he'd see everybody at Mania

Nash was just looking for a private jet to get there, he's not getting it so he's sulking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nash was just looking for a private jet to get there, he's not getting it so he's sulking.

Yeah he said the leg room on the planes didnt suit his knee

He's such a worker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah he said the leg room on the planes didnt suit his knee

Well he's been publically announced as being there so he's clearly pulling a stunt.

He's such a worker

He's probably worried the less leg room will cause him to tear a quad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

omg Kevin Nash wtf thought he was dead lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I really miss Punk.

WWE put up the Ruthless Aggression Raw theme but with "New Era" superstars

This was my favorite Raw theme, better than the lame emo metal themes and obviously Nickleback.

On second viewing it is cheesy as ****, reminds me of better times though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Will the "Huckster" be there?

The Huckster wants to be in the Bullet Club.

Wonder if Buff Bagwel will be let into the building?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I want to see Gillberg vs Goldberg.

We need Corny giving his State of Address on modern wrestling.

We need Corny giving his State of Address on modern wrestling.

No, we really don't.

• Advertisement

I want to see Gillberg vs Goldberg.

Yes!!

Wwe seemed to put the intro to this weeks Raw up on YouTube briefly, before pulling it. But this is the Internet so it's out there now

https://streamable.com/kz6bx

Put aside three minutes and watch cause it's a nostalgia feast.

Im old enough to have watched raw from the start, i remember been shocked at the time when Razor Ramon got beat by the 123 Kid as i was a big Razor fan at the time, Austin and the beer truck was obviously great but my favourite episode is when Austin turned up at Pillmans house, that was just something else, the intensity of both lads just made the angle seem so realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Im old enough to have watched raw from the start, i remember been shocked at the time when Razor Ramon got beat by the 123 Kid as i was a big Razor fan at the time, Austin and the beer truck was obviously great but my favourite episode is when Austin turned up at Pillmans house, that was just something else, the intensity of both lads just made the angle seem so realistic

I remember all these angles vividly also! Looking forward to Raw now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wwe seemed to put the intro to this weeks Raw up on YouTube briefly, before pulling it. But this is the Internet so it's out there now

WWE really know how to put together a video package. That was awesome.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Jesus Nostalgia overload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wish there creative was as good as there video production people.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/954875557656735744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Video packages have been a serious strong point with WWE for years

Watch the Daniel Bryan "Monster" one about once a week

One thing WWE don't do anymore is proper titantrons for people and it's a pity, it's usually just a simple graphic with their name/logo/catchphrase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you think we'll get something for the benefit of those with flash photography?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

2 great video packages by the E there.

Would be kinda fitting if Taker actually makes his final appearance at Raw 25 (except for his HOF entry), being that he was there for the very first Raw.

Speaking of HOF, surely Goldberg is the marquee entry this year, meaning Taker won't be goin in this year??

That intro is all kinds of great. Had to laugh at Stephanie being in it with the Women's Revolution though, as if it's just as big as Austin/Tyson.

What kind of shape is Neidhart in these days would he be ok to make a public appearance?

It would be a shame if RAW 25 doesn't have at least one of the surviving members of The Hart Foundation on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking forward to raw 25 and aim to stay up for it all

I knw lots of people are agaisnt it but I'd be happy if they set up Cena vs Taker but I'm getting my hopes too much and taker will announce his retirement instead

going to be nostalgia overload 2mprrpw

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you think we'll get something for the benefit of those with flash photography?

Well according to edge on his podcast this week he won't be there as he's coming back to Ireland to film Vikings again. Christian didn't say one way or the other.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well according to edge on his podcast this week he won't be there as he's coming back to Ireland to film Vikings again. Christian didn't say one way or the other.

I think Christian was added to the list of legends returning last week so he should be there.

• Advertisement

I am wondering/hoping if there'll be a Legends Battle Royal, or something like that. A "match" where they can have a load of legends appear, like the one they did at Raw 1000.

Loughc wrote: »
    I think Christian was added to the list of legends returning last week so he should be there.

Well I don't know when the podcast was recorded so maybe he didn't want to say it before it was official.

What kind of shape is Neidhart in these days would he be ok to make a public appearance?

It would be a shame if RAW 25 doesn't have at least one of the surviving members of The Hart Foundation on it.

Well Jim was never in great shape physically.

On the app WWE are really stretching the meaning of the word legend with some of the names that will be on raw.

Jim would be up for the crack alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

**** it let's give the shiek some air time haha

I think some legend is gonna meet Strowman, i just hope its not Austin, i know they done it a few years back, but i would like to see Jesse Ventura and Vince do commentary again.

I also want to see plenty of stunners to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So that's
    Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Ric Flair, DX (Triple H & Shawn Michaels), The Dudley Boys, Scott Hall & Kevin Nash, Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler, Nikki & Brie Bella, The New Age Outlaws, JBL & Ron Simmons, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, The Godfather, Brother Love, The Boogeyman, Teddy Long, John Laurinaitis, Sgt. Slaughter, Jacqueline Moore, Torrie Wilson, Terri Runnels, Maria Kanellis, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly, Chris Jericho, Eric Bischoff and Jeff Hardy
    ....who have to make Roman look really really strong... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i imagine a heel tag team will be attacked by the APA and/or Dudley boyz

DX will have a comedy segment, same with Godfather, brother love

Taker will have his few mins, same with Cena

Possibly not many matches on the show

apparently https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe-raw-25-expected-bigger-post-wrestlemania-episode

• Advertisement

Ron Simmons will say "Damn", and it still won't be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I'm assuming most of these legends are just going to be involved in someone cringe party segment backstage, where Ron is going to sign the thing off with a damn. Awful. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

With Bruce Prichard's current appeal he could get a lot of time. Will we see an actual Brother Love show/segment?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i imagine a heel tag team will be attacked by the APA and/or Dudley boyz

DX will have a comedy segment, same with Godfather, brother love

Taker will have his few mins, same with Cena

Possibly not many matches on the show

apparently https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe-raw-25-expected-bigger-post-wrestlemania-episode

Im gonna guess that will be The Revival :mad::mad::mad:

I can see strowman running through legends, next thing, he's standing over good old JR, glass shatters, oh hell yeah, here he comes with the bmf walk, strowman knocks him down, and is ready to destroy him :mad:, but wait, break it down, its DX, they storm the ring and take Strowman out with all their finishers, that finishes with a pedigree, and Triple H stands tall as we go off the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Find it hard to buy into the APA since their prime in the Attitude Era.

Simmons has been milking a really lame gimmick and catchphrase anytime he has appeared in the last decade. That, and JBL really isn't APA Bradshaw if you catch my drift. If JBL is making a significant appearance it should be as rich 'murican John Bradshaw Layfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

While Ted DiBiase laughs and Hacksaw Jim Duggan goes HOOOO! Which then leads to Godfather showing up and then Teddy Long dances with the 'Ho Train' before Sgt. Slaughter says "pipe down maggots" to probably canned laughter while I hope they get paid for turning up to do a 30 second skit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

We're basically looking at a 3hr version of the gimmick battle royal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Nal wrote: »
    We're basically looking at a 3hr version of the gimmick battle royal

Had they done a gimmick Royal Rumble I'd watch it out of a morbid curiosity :o

ERG89 wrote: »
    While Ted DiBiase laughs and Hacksaw Jim Duggan goes HOOOO! Which then leads to Godfather showing up and then Teddy Long dances with the 'Ho Train' before Sgt. Slaughter says "pipe down maggots" to probably canned laughter while I hope they get paid for turning up to do a 30 second skit.

Yeah, this will definitely happen unfortunately. Same every time.

I know his podcast is popular but can't see Prichard getting much air time. I'd say he'll be involved in something like the segment mentioned above.

I hope they don't make a fool of Bischoff in some segment. Forget all the WCW stuff, he was the best Raw GM in history for me. Please keep Stephanie away from him.

To be honest I would not be surprised at all if the only air time Prichard gets is the white suit been shown on tv.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement