Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card Use in UK

Options
  • 03-10-2016 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

If I use my debit card in the UK (non-ATM) and maintain my account above the 3000euro level will I be charged fees for it's use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Lumina wrote: »
    If I use my debit card in the UK (non-ATM) and maintain my account above the 3000euro level will I be charged fees for it's use?
    Good afternoon Lumina,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

When you use your Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card to make a Sterling transaction at point of sale in the UK, you will be charged 2% of transaction value up to a maximum of €11.43 per transaction.

Cross-border transaction do not fall under the No Transaction Fees Offer.

You can view our full schedule of fees and charges here.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 10 akeaveney

Lumina wrote: »
    Good afternoon Lumina,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

When you use your Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card to make a Sterling transaction at point of sale in the UK, you will be charged 2% of transaction value up to a maximum of €11.43 per transaction.

Cross-border transaction do not fall under the No Transaction Fees Offer.

You can view our full schedule of fees and charges here.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Do I need to contact my Bank (BOI) to inform them I wish to use my new contactless Visa Debit card in the UK?

thanks,

Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi akeaveney,

Thanks for your post.

We'd advise that you leave travel notice on your account, if you're going to be using your Visa Debit card anywhere abroad. You can do this through your 365 online profile, at the service desk. Please see here for additional charges that will apply for payments made in another currency.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement