Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Submission Penalties 100% of mark immediately?

• 03-10-2016 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

I'm just curious if this is normal at UCC.

A particular department has advised us that there is a late submission penalty of 100% of the mark i.e. you get 0% if any item is handed in late at all, without an official authorisation for an extension.

I know in the past this was X% per week late and ultimately getting 0% for a very late submission.

It just seems an odd departure, as it's quite possible that someone may end up snowed under and running a tiny bit late with something.

Basically it means if this happens to me, I will have to withdraw from the course which seems insane it's all continuous assessment.
    If I mixed up a date, or was caught up with work and somehow miss a date, I end up losing enough % of a module to fail it.

I appreciate that they don't want things coming in late, but this seems a little severe.

Advertisement