Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddlers Crescent, Mulhuddart, Blanchardstown

Options
  • 03-10-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

My partner and I are thinking about purchasing our first home in Saddlers Crescent, Mulhuddart, Blanchardstown. We're not from the area but we would really appreciate if there was anyone on here who could give us some advice on the estate. Obviously, I know there are some other estates close by which don't have the best reputation but from what I can see the local residents in the estate seem to be friendly and the common areas appear to be well maintained. We've walked the estate a couple of times now and there have been no issues at all.

Hoping someone on here can give me some advice on the areas / estate?

Many thanks,

Fergal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dr_Kolossus

We almost bought there at height of boom, instead lived nearby (warrenstown)for 8 years. Surrounding areas can be a bit rough, but that area is prob the best. There is no through road leading to other estates meaning that less chance of vandalism, car thefts etc.. Which to be honest is rife in the area.

Schools are not great in the area

That estate seems to have people living there a number if years, most in that area seem grand

Do make sure that you find out about your immediate neighbours before you buy. Knock their door even, tell them you are prob gonna be their new neighbour you can suss them out. Are nearby houses owned or rented. Trust me it's well worth doing some research (wish we had done more). Living beside a scumbag when you have kids is not fun.

In short if I had to pick an area round there, this is where I'd go, but we moved out because of neighbour problems and that the general area is not where we wanted to bring up our kids

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NugentFergal

Hi Dr_Kolossus,

This is very helpful info. Really appreciate you taking the time to write this. We have walked the estate and it really does seem like a relatively nice development considering the location of other estates which are close by. We're going to view again at weekend and after the viewing call in to the neighbors to get an idea as to what they are like as you said you don't want to be raising a family next to certain types.

When you say you moved out, was that from where you were living in Warrentstown or did you live in Saddlers for a time?

Thanks again,

Sorry there was on mobile and could not type properly earlier.

We viewed a house in Saddlers which we really liked, but vendor dragged heels so we bought in warrenstown.

Anyway, we regret not holding out for the house in Saddlers as in my opinion, the estate is probably the best in the area

We moved from Warrenstown last year, couldn t sell due to Neg equity. The only good thing about our Friendly neighbours, was that they really helped us to focus on saving, so we had enough of a deposit to buy elsewhere.

I can t really comment on Saddlers with great authority except to say that in my opinion, it is far better than all the immediate surrounding areas.

To give a flavour of the surrounding area. During our time in warrenstown, there were numerous car break ins (ours twice), burnings.. house break-ins (for most of our neighbours but not us thankfully) and even attempted house arson. Random guys looking to fight with you in the street. To say that the guards do not give a damn when you report something is an understatement. Every experience I ve had with the local guards has proven them to be completely inept and uncaring. Saying things like , oh well that s just the area, and what do you expect . Nothing to do with resources, they are just Cr*p. Oh and rubbish blowing around everywhere and random horses tied to electricity pylons. You get the picture

The estate you are viewing is probably fine, it s just the surrounding area. I don t want to sound completely bitter towards the area, as most of our neighbours were actually really great. The bad ones stand out though, and if it was just me I could handle living there, as I actually grew up in an area that is probably worse.

Also as the general area has probably gone a bit downhill since we originally moved in our house (which we rent ) is still in about 100K neg equity , after 9 years of mortgage payments and spending maybe 30 K on house improvements.

In all honesty saddlers is fine but I would worry about what Kids would be getting up to in the surrounding area.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NugentFergal

Thanks again for taking the time out to give this feedback mate. I can see where you are coming from and the reality is there are some pretty bad areas nearby. From what we've seen though the estate and people in it seem ok and the house itself is really really nice and at a reasonable price. We are going to do some more research over the weekend to get a better feel of the area to see if there is much anti-social behavior etc.

We are looking at it as a short term 3 - 5 year way of getting out of the rental market and then moving on at the end of this timeframe either by selling or letting. Don't expect to be raising a family in the area as we will be moving out of Dublin at this juncture.

After what you've outlined below, I hope your finally in nicer place now without all that hassle!!!

All the best if you do decide to move there, we did move somewhere really nice, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement