Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive Dismissal

Options
  • 03-10-2016 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I took constructive dismissal case which i won but have not received the award (12k) as company is a charity an say they have no funds....just wondering if this has hapoened to anyone else ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not to me.

But I'm not surprised: many people are keen on taking legal cases, but forget about the difficulty of actually getting cash out of the other party at the end of it all.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You can make an application to the district court to have the company dissolved for non payment of an enforcement order. TBH this should've been explained to you at the time which you won your case

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

duploelabs wrote: »
    You can make an application to the district court to have the company dissolved for non payment of an enforcement order. TBH this should've been explained to you at the time which you won your case

Would also probably been good to explain the problem with extracting blood from a stone. Suing a group with no money might give a moral victory, but that's hard to spend on food.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

_Brian wrote: »
    Would also probably been good to explain the problem with extracting blood from a stone. Suing a group with no money might give a moral victory, but that's hard to spend on food.

Fairly sure the people saying they have no funds are being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

_Brian wrote: »

Eh no, if an award has been made and the defendant cant pay, the successful plaintiff can make an application (via the circuit court) for the company to be dissolved and their assets sold (regardless of what kind of business they're in), judgement orders are top of the list of creditors when the administrator divides costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 believer1

Thank you all for the replies. Have spoken with solicitor and going the court route now , thanks again

Advertisement