Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism and cycling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Don't worry, they are going to block the buses from getting out of the city, so drove in today. Actually leaving at 7am gets me into town in 25 mins from lucan!!!

I didn't realise that, thanks extinction rebellion for showing me the way:D

Where'd you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Blocking buses would be completely counter to their aims so sounds like BS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I presume it was a joke based on the video of protesters blocking cyclists in the states. Have to say, fume levels are rising, not something I ever noticed before.. ANECDOTE WARNING.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

buffalo wrote: »
    Where'd you hear that?

It was on one of the twitter feeds that they were planning to block O'Connell Bridge.

They blocked the luas in the IFSC yesterday also!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That's in the USA. How is that relevant? other than its full of crazy people.

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    That's in the USA. How is that relevant?

This is a cycling forum, so thought it was funny!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was also posted in this thread, about ten posts before yours.

it was also posted in this thread, about ten posts before yours.

Sorry, I missed it. Will delete

@beauf you can have a dig at someone else now!!

I thought it was about bridges being blocked which might have an effect on people commutes. Thats all.

But you have to realize the cycling forum is full of cranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Don't worry, they are going to block the buses from getting out of the city, so drove in today. Actually leaving at 7am gets me into town in 25 mins from lucan!!!

I didn't realise that, thanks extinction rebellion for showing me the way:D

Well, was your bus blocked?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

But you have to realize the cycling forum is full of cranks.
    this is not getting the reaction it deserved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

"WWF chief executive Tanya Steele said: “We are the first generation to know we are destroying our planet and the last one that can do anything about it."

From the IT article linked above.

Fully support XR.
    No sign of any disruption on my commute through town today, they must need more numbers!*

*not a single sign of either a coconut or flowers. Much dissapoint :pac:

this is not getting the reaction it deserved.

At least twice as many cranks as there are posters,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

CramCycle wrote: »
    At least twice as many cranks as there are posters,

Maybe. Don't forget about all those fixies out there though...

buffalo wrote: »
    Well, was your bus blocked?

I drove yesterday so it was grand. On the luas today as collecting kids from the inlaws

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

jjpep wrote: »

We're also doubly cranky!

and tend to flip-flop on important issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

That may be true but we're certainly chained to some fixed ideas.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...and people rarely back-pedal on their ideas!

jjpep wrote: »

Ah, would you give 'em a brake.

• Advertisement

With all those jokes, ye need a good service

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Moving on from the entendres (and getting back onto the journalism saddle), I spotted this just now...

https://twitter.com/LkCycleDesign/status/1181685206635470855

Moving on from the entendres (and getting back onto the journalism saddle), I spotted this just now...

https://twitter.com/LkCycleDesign/status/1181685206635470855

In fairness, your lucky he isn't taxing ye for cycling. Irish Governments are clueless

it's an extraordinary (in the way that's not extraordinary) missed opportunity of a budget.
    you'd think ross would have cut viciously into the greyhound budget, given that he's revealed himself to be no fan of what's been going on, and which also (i suspect) play well in his constituency. but they get to keep their €16.8m, nearly double what's been allocated to cycling.

they've completely cut grants to businesses to replace their fleets with e-cars, which hardly plays into the plan to have a million of them on the road in ten years.
    and it's inevitable, BNM is going to have to stop burning peat in the very near future, why not just get it over and done with, and pay the workers off? it might actually show some willingness to deal with the issues being faced - and would save money anyway.

it's an extraordinary (in the way that's not extraordinary) missed opportunity of a budget.....

I think in the future we will look back on the last decade as time who Govt fiddled while rome burned. its all about keeping the status quo, and zero progress. While basic needs like housing, health, transport, schools, collapse in crisis. The titanic sinks and the govt is busy rearranging the furniture.

i guess varadkar and coveney are busy with brexit/happy that their legacy is being created by same. but that does not excuse so many other departments for astounding inaction.

Love his reply about vaping.
    “Vaping is relatively new but it is not all that new,” the Taoiseach said adding that, “we need to look at the science and listen to the doctors and health professionals”.

I don't think "Leader" means what he think it means. Wait for someone else to give direction and leadership. Then just follow them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Never mind the fact the he is a doctor himself.

Love his reply about vaping.

I don't think "Leader" means what he think it means. Wait for someone else to give direction and leadership. Then just follow them.
    in this case, i can't fault his approach. wait for expert advice, the jury is very much out.

• Advertisement

in this case, i can't fault his approach. wait for expert advice, the jury is very much out.

Is there any valid case to be vaping in the workplace?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement