Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm first fix

Options
  • 04-10-2016 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads.

Just a quick few questions for ye. I'm in the process of rewiring my house. There was an alarm fitted previously. Key pad in hall, sensor in hall, box outside on the front of the house and box on the back of the house ,aswell as contacts on windows and doors.i removed all of these and stored in the shed. I've rewired it all so now I have (all done in 8 core) and main box will be located in my attic

Cable from key pad in hall to attic
    Sensor in hall to attic
    Sensor first floor hall to attic
    Every window and door single runs to attic
    Shed door to attic

I won't be second fixing it myself I'll be getting a company out for that but does all that sound ok or am I missing something? Also the exterior Boxs on the front and back of my house should they both be wired separately back to the attic?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would move out the attic unless it's converted.
    If it is then there must be protection in that area.
    Also wire for network to control panel and phone line to control panel. This will give you some more monitoring and control options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would move out the attic unless it's converted.
    If it is then there must be protection in that area.
    Also wire for network to control panel and phone line to control panel. This will give you some more monitoring and control options.

Yes the attic will be converterd and the window in the attic will be covered aswell so I assume that covers "protection in that area"
    By network do you mean wifi?
    I don't intend on having a landline installed in the house as we all have mobiles. In the attic space where the alarm is going will also house the CCTV dvr. Also all coax tv points will be brought here and all cat6 cables aswell to distribute internet to various rooms

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can use WiFi for a connection to the panel but a physical connection would be better.

You can use WiFi for a connection to the panel but a physical connection would be better.

Can put 2 RJ45s on a bit of cat6 and connect that way

That would be perfect.

• Advertisement

That would be perfect.

Any other recommendations or flaws you can see?

Think about what you might need or want down the road and try future proof as much as possible.
    External lights back to a power supply beside the panel. That would give you lots of control.
    Cable from panel to heading controls.
    Cameras
    Extra keypads
    Smoke and co2 detector.

Advertisement