Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has eir gone belly up mistakes in data usage, text message asking for payment, bill i

Options
  • 04-10-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just got a text to say " my eir account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption etc please contact us to make an ADVANCE payment." !!  My account is FTTH unlimited.  I then logged on and bill has increased by 5 euro but I am on an 18 month contract, got no notification.  I tried chat but after a gew minutes it broke and now says "UNAVAILABLE"

HELP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

Yes the message "my eir account usage is quite high" is not very user friendly and should be changed as it does not necessarily relate to data usage being high. It is more likely to mean that you have missed out on making a payment as happened a colleague recently and he got this unhelpful message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

No I pay by direct debit but thanks for heads up.  I still think their systems have gone belly up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

just an update, I got this sorted by ringing but please dont ask me to explain. I should add I got a very fast response on the eir community forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

I have posted about this before but Eir are a joke. They offer unlimited bb but in fact in is 1Tb. They don't advertise this in their online adds or print media, instead they say refer to the contract. I have since moved to Sky where they truly offer unlimited bb. And yes, there test message is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

swoofer wrote: »
    just an update, I got this sorted by ringing but please dont ask me to explain.  I should add I got a very fast response on the eir community forum.
    Hi  swoofer,

Glad to hear this is resolved. Thanks for the update and the feedback. :D

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

swoofer wrote: »
    just an update, I got this sorted by ringing but please dont ask me to explain.  I should add I got a very fast response on the eir community forum.
    Ah please explain at the very highest level if it was not a missed payment then what caused the text to be sent?

Advertisement