Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Online Crashing - Can't log back in

Options
  • 04-10-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

I have had at least 3 instances in the last week where BOL has crashed on me for no apparent reason. Eg.  Just a few minutes ago , I logged in, clicked on payments and then I got a half screen and embedded in the middle of the page was a section of the window saying session had terminated.

I hadn't terminated anything.  I try to log in again and get this message.
    Please note there is another Business On Line session currently open using this User ID and password. You may be logged in at another PC or you used Business On Line and did not exit using the exit menu option in the last few minutes. Please allow up to 15 minutes before attempting to log in again

Very frustrating.  As I say, three times in a week.  It used to happen a good bit when the new site was launched, but it had been mainly ok since then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Seve OB wrote: »
    I have had at least 3 instances in the last week where BOL has crashed on me for no apparent reason. Eg.  Just a few minutes ago , I logged in, clicked on payments and then I got a half screen and embedded in the middle of the page was a section of the window saying session had terminated.

I hadn't terminated anything.  I try to log in again and get this message.
    Please note there is another Business On Line session currently open using this User ID and password. You may be logged in at another PC or you used Business On Line and did not exit using the exit menu option in the last few minutes. Please allow up to 15 minutes before attempting to log in again

Very frustrating.  As I say, three times in a week.  It used to happen a good bit when the new site was launched, but it had been mainly ok since then.
    Good afternoon Seve OB,

Thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties using Business Online.

This error could occur if a previous session of Business Online on that machine wasn’t exited correctly using the logout option on the top right of the webpage.

It can also happen if there’s another user in your company that logs in with the same Username at a different PC. Are the any other users that would login with the same details as you?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi Richard
    I don't think you understand.  I have logged in, and midway through my dealings, the site has logged me out.  I have not logged out correctly, I have not exited at all, because I didn't want to.  You site booted me.  Nobody else using my log in at all...ever.

As it happens, it just happened again today.  see screenshot.  I have blanked out my name, but I am logged in.

29500803303_18938451bb_b.jpgBOL by stevieob, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Hi Richard
    I don't think you understand.  I have logged in, and midway through my dealings, the site has logged me out.  I have not logged out correctly, I have not exited at all, because I didn't want to.  You site booted me.  Nobody else using my log in at all...ever.

As it happens, it just happened again today.  see screenshot.  I have blanked out my name, but I am logged in.
    Thanks Seve OB, please see the following steps to see if these resolve your issue:

Firstly check that you have the latest version of Java installed – If you don't you should manually uninstall any previous version on your machine and then visit www.Java.com to download the latest version. Once it has been installed successfully, please then restart your browser.

Clear cookies, saved files and remembered passwords on your browser. For details on how to do this for your particular browser please see here.

If you are using Business Online on a Mac, please see here.

On our Business Online website there is a 10 minute log out timer in place and you can click on the logout time to refresh the timer. If you're still having difficulties once you have carried out these steps, please let me know what browser and operating system you're using so it can be investigated further for you.

Many thanks,
    Richard

went through all that and I have latest java installed

just went to make a payment there and it happened again, clicked on make a payment and I got logged out and can't log back in again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

went through all that and I have latest java installed

just went to make a payment there and it happened again, clicked on make a payment and I got logged out and can't log back in again
    Thanks for coming back to us here, 

Can I ask you to confirm what browser and operating system you are using? 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Thanks for coming back to us here, 

Can I ask you to confirm what browser and operating system you are using? 

Elaine 

Windows 10. Internet Explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Seve OB, 

Thanks for the information. 

Can I ask you to check the following:

In your system Control Panel on Window, please can I ask you to check that your region is set to the correct country and that the date and time zone are set correctly. 

Once this is done, please add the Business Online site as one of your trusted sites: 
    • Launch Internet Explorer and select the "Tools" option on the menu
    • Click "Internet Options"
    • Click the 'Security' tab and then choose "Trusted Sites"
    • Click the "Sites" button. 
    [*]

A new dialog box will open and you can type the full address of the website to add it to the trusted sites list. Please enter this as [font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://www.businessonline-boi.com[/font]

Then click "Add" and then "OK" to save.  

If this doesn't help, please can you send a PM with your name and phone number so I can follow up on this for you here. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

done all that Elaine, not having any confidence that it would make a bit of difference

guess what???

Just crashed again on me.  Except this time I am sitting at home beside my wife, so I showed her my frustration.  Her answer was to put her eyes up to heaven as she apparently is also well used to it in her own job.  She says it happens to her regularily.

So you quite definitely have a problem with your website which seems to decide upon itself at times to just log people out for no apparent reason and then delaying them the opportunity to log straight back in to finish their business.

I can handle the crashes... it happens, but they do happen to often.

But to not be able to log back in.... not happy about that.  I understand the security reason, but there should be some kind of override.

When you are doing something like making payments, this delay is not just 15 minutes as you then have to go and some other work and you are not going to sit there and wait for BOL to come back online at the appointed minute.  Invariably I have often forgotten what I was doing, and forgotten to log back in and finish off to then miss payment deadlines, all because your website has flaws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

done all that Elaine, not having any confidence that it would make a bit of difference

guess what???

Just crashed again on me.  Except this time I am sitting at home beside my wife, so I showed her my frustration.  Her answer was to put her eyes up to heaven as she apparently is also well used to it in her own job.  She says it happens to her regularily.

So you quite definitely have a problem with your website which seems to decide upon itself at times to just log people out for no apparent reason and then delaying them the opportunity to log straight back in to finish their business.

I can handle the crashes... it happens, but they do happen to often.

But to not be able to log back in.... not happy about that.  I understand the security reason, but there should be some kind of override.

When you are doing something like making payments, this delay is not just 15 minutes as you then have to go and some other work and you are not going to sit there and wait for BOL to come back online at the appointed minute.  Invariably I have often forgotten what I was doing, and forgotten to log back in and finish off to then miss payment deadlines, all because your website has flaws.
    Good Morning Seve OB, 

Sorry to hear you're still having difficulty in using our Business Online service, The most recent Java upgrade was released on Tuesday 18th of October. To overcome any issues you are having after a Java upgrade, you may first need to uninstall any old versions of Java from your machine and download the latest version by following the simple ‘step by step’ guide on our JAVA Support page.

I do hope his helps but let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement