Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like to unsubscribe from all communications

Options
  • 04-10-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I don't want BoI taking advantage of my phone number or email address for any purpose other than an emergency. I've gotten another text this morning telling me yet again that I'm not paying fees. How do I stop these? I could just block the number but they could possible need to contact me about something useful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Zillah wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't want BoI taking advantage of my phone number or email address for any purpose other than an emergency. I've gotten another text this morning telling me yet again that I'm not paying fees. How do I stop these? I could just block the number but they could possible need to contact me about something useful.

Thanks.
    Good afternoon Zillah,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can ask at any time to stop or change the methods by which marketing materials are sent to you. You can do this free of charge by writing to; Bank of Ireland, Consumer Banking, New Century House, Mayor St. Lower, IFSC, Dublin 1.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You cannot be serious that I have to send you a physical letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 15YemenRoad

Zillah wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Is it really that much of an inconvenience.

Is it really that much of an inconvenience.

Yes. I don't own stationary, or have any stamps, because I live in the 21st century. I'd have to go to both a shop and a postbox, and pay for postage. We've had email since the 70's and they want a letter for something that should be able to be resolved right here. Not to mention that I never subscribed to their marketing in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 15YemenRoad

Sorry, I meant was it such an inconvenience to receive the odd text!
    I never receive anything from them apart from statement updates and when adding a payee.
    But anyway good luck getting it sorted :)

• Advertisement

There are far too many companies all looking for a way directly into your life these days. I crack down on it where I can. BOI abusing my contact details to send me marketing messages is something that really annoys me. I never gave them permission to do that.

Advertisement