Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coverage and prices in Ireland

Options
  • 04-10-2016 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Will you being looking for a new aswell?

If you post up an amount of usage you expect with data, calls & texts you will get better feedback from posters,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

See here for some general details.

Coverage varies widely per location per network.

In general:

Vodafone* best coverage, best speed, highest price.
    Three* ok coverage, slower speed, lower price.
    Meteor* good coverage, good speed, "middle" price.

Lyca and Tesco* have the cheapest deals but no 4G and patchy coverage.

*Check coverage maps on each providers website for the location you'll be. Tesco and Lyca are separate providers but have same coverage/network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

just moved to three this week (after around 8 years on vodafone bill pay) and noticed that the coverage is never full and the internet is often really slow, rarely get 4G like
    kinda regret switching already but i guess its worth it cos of the savings i will make in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

just moved to three this week (after around 8 years on vodafone bill pay) and noticed that the coverage is never full and the internet is often really slow, rarely get 4G like
    kinda regret switching already but i guess its worth it cos of the savings i will make in the long run

3 is simply awful. I mean really awful the last 6-8 months and no real sign of improving. Go look on the 3 forum on boards! Change back or move to meteor if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Meteor or Vodafone are excellent for coverage and speed. Wouldn't bother with 3 or any of the MVNO's using their network.

Advertisement