Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sloping in floors

Options
  • 04-10-2016 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

We are sale agreed on a property built in 2002 - just got surveyor's report back and it says there is sloping in the floors. The variation in slab levels is concerning even though the report also clearly states there was no evidence of structural movement causing characteristic cracking above door frames or externally at plinth level. Anyone encounter this before? How common is this? Any advice as to how to go about it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How much sloping? It needs to be quantified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevecarlos

the report doesn't say how much - i was also surprised it didn't provide the measurements. i will ask the surveyor to clarify but in the interim any guidance as to what range is acceptable, what is not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

the report doesn't say how much - i was also surprised it didn't provide the measurements. i will ask the surveyor to clarify but in the interim any guidance as to what range is acceptable, what is not?

Simple advice - ask the surveyor. That's what you paid your money for and then consult a structural engineer with this information. You're not buying a low value item here

Advertisement