Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering buying a family home in Killester

Options
  • 04-10-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,
    We are currently renting in Dublin 2 and are now looking to buy a family home in Killester - around Abbeyfield / Middle Third. We like the proximity to the city center and have found it to be a lot more affordable compared to other parts of town. Any insights? Do people think it's a good area to live in / to buy in? Any real estate market and/or community wisdom would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I haven't lived there but it's regarded as a nice spot. Very close to town, close to Clontarf, has a DART station. I'm sure someone else can give you a more in depth review but it's a nice place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lovely spot. Parking the only issue really in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevecarlos

Thanks guys. Would you consider it quite safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Thanks guys. Would you consider it quite safe?

Yes, between 3 garda station howth raheny and coolock.

Short walk from local village which does be lively at the weekend (as lively as villages get lol)

I live a small distance from Killester and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭mojesius

I lived near there for a year and loved Killester. SuperValu, St Anne's, the coast and dart on your doorstep. If I could afford it, I'd buy there for sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'd consider it really safe. Great location with plenty of amenities with Raheny and Clontarf beside you and lots of recreational areas almost on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

You really cant go wrong buying there.

It is going to be the new Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Closer to the Howth rd the better IMO.
    As others have mentioned, parking could be an issue depending on the property.
    Location is fab though - killester village is finer with Supervalu etc... and it's near St Annes Park and the coast.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm living in Killester, bought a little while back. Definitely recommend it - I've experienced no issues and find its proximity to the DART and (apparently one of Ireland's best) SuperValu extremely handy. You can be in the city centre within fifteen minutes on the train and St. Anne's is a short stroll.

The area you're looking at always seemed nice when I passed it (I think there's a few properties for sale in those estates). You've got a nice open green too in Middle Third.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Nice if you can afford it, the prices are ridic these days. The village has a good pub and supermarket and a couple of cafes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Living there myself,grand area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Another fan of Killester here! Living here 3 yrs ... house prices gone through to the roof and not much different to many parts of Clontarf. It's now a sought after area ... particularly the roads off the Howth road from abbeyfield up to Brookwood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jon1981 wrote: »
    Another fan of Killester here! Living here 3 yrs ... house prices gone through to the roof and not much different to many parts of Clontarf. It's not a sought after area ... particularly the roads off the Howth road from abbeyfield up to Brookwood.

The secret is out. :)

Advertisement