Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone ios 10 clicks when setting clock

Options
  • 04-10-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hate these "updates" however I have a question.. since I updated to latest ios.........

If you want to set an alarm in "clock" when scrolling up and down the time you want it to set it for, the screen clicks as it goes up or down, can I turn this sound off anywhere? Have googled but no dice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

About from hitting the silent switch I don't think so.

Do you want me to move this to the apple device forum to see if other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Davy wrote: »
    About from hitting the silent switch I don't think so.

Do you want me to move this to the apple device forum to see if other ideas?

But it wasn't like that until I updated to ios10

Yes, please move it and thanks

Settings > Sounds. Turn off Keyboard Clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Karsini wrote: »
    Settings > Sounds. Turn off Keyboard Clicks.

Doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have the same issue and haven't found a way to get rid of the sound.

• Advertisement

laoisfan wrote: »
    Doesn't work.
    Strange, that usually works in iOS 9 and earlier. Think I'll stay on 9 for a while, have been hearing about too many issues in 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Karsini wrote: »
    Strange, that usually works in iOS 9 and earlier. Think I'll stay on 9 for a while, have been hearing about too many issues in 10.

Running iOS 10 on iPhone SE and haven't noticed any issues unless they are mainly on 6/6s or 7/7s perhaps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The click wheel sound? That's always been there. But perhaps turning off keyboard sounds used to disable it.

I had the most issues with the Clock app during the beta. Mostly unresponsive and failed timer notifications. It was still an issue the public beta, not sure about 10.0.2.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The click wheel sound? That's always been there. But perhaps turning off keyboard sounds used to disable it.

I had the most issues with the Clock app during the beta. Mostly unresponsive and failed timer notifications. It was still an issue the public beta, not sure about 10.0.2.

It was silent once you set keyboard sounds to off. Not any more.

Advertisement