Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Value

Options
  • 04-10-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

**Apologies if this in the wrong thread i am new to boards.ie, if it is could someone tell me where to post it. Thanks a million**

Hi i am just wondering can anybody help me out with a quick question on how much i should be paying for a certain bike.

The bike is a Kawasaki Ninja 250r i am looking at a couple of 07-08 ones on donedeal and i plan on purchasing one within the month.

The price range is between 2500-3500 for all bikes with 10000 or near miles.

I am basically wondering if this would be a ridiculous price for a second hand Ninja 250r since a brand new one is around 4000-5000 and is their any other places i could maybe search for one besides donedeal and adverts.ie as their is not that many Ninjas on these sites to begin with.

This will be my first bike on a learners permit and i am a complete beginner. i have the insurance quoted and ready to purchase once i do my IBT which is the 27th and 28th of this month.

Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

try a few bikes for sale on facebook . Where i got my ninja 600 .
    to be honest you dont want to be spending too much on your first bike ( your still a beginner and will drop or fall it a few times)

Mine is only a 1998 and i spent more on my personal protection equipment (PPE) than i did on the bike itself .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jackw1412

Thanks a lot i never even thought about trying on facebook.

I really like the Ninja doh so i'm pretty positive on that's the bike i want was just unsure on the price because the brand new ones aren't that much more expensive is all.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

is there not a 300r also now? Im not sure the difference with regards to licensing, but I'd have thought the larger capacity one would have devalued the previous (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jackw1412

Ye there is, the 300r is in the same license category as the 250r but it doesn't seem to have devauled the 250r by much speaking the 300r 2016 is about 5000-6000 new from Kawasaki. Or is that good? Doesn't seem to be but i'm not too sure on the value of bikes at the moment or how much a previous version would drop on the newer one being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What a bike is worth will depend on whether or not the bike needs anything or not.
    You might think one bike is good value and then find out after buying it,it needs this and that so make sure you bring someone with you that knows what they are looking at.

To be honest the price bracket you mentioned is not out of the way if you get a nice clean bike.
    There's a fair few scrap heaps on donedeal going for bigger money than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement