Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco parking offer dundrum

Options
  • 04-10-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks tesco signs in dundrum for free parking are very misleading? See attached pic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

What's misleading about it?
    Clearly states Free parking if you spend €30 or more in Tesco.
    Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

What's misleading about it?
    Clearly states Free parking if you spend €30 or more in Tesco.
    Or am I missing something?

It says 3 hours free parking, but tesco are giving you only one hour free parking not three. See the small print, so if you spend nothing with tesco your still getting 2 hours free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

shane. wrote: »
    It says 3 hours free parking, but tesco are giving you only one hour free parking not three. See the small print, so if you spend nothing with tesco your still getting 2 hours free!

I dont think you're reading it correctly. You pay for the first hour and hours 2 & 3 are free. Tesco pay for your first hour and so you get 3 hours free.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No it's 2euro fir the first three hours. Tesco are giving you the two euro

amcalester wrote: »
    I dont think you're reading it correctly. You pay for the first hour and hours 2 & 3 are free. Tesco pay for your first hour and so you get 3 hours free.

I do get what they are saying but it's the 3 hours free parking in large letters that I have an issue with, that's 9 euros worth of parking not 3 euro. And tesco aren't giving you hour 1 and 2 free, the shopping centre are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You're arguing over semantics here.

They say if you spend €30, you'll get €3 off your shopping with a parking ticket.

That's what happens.

Obviously they're entitled to spin it as 3 free hours as that'll cost €3.
    I do get what they are saying but it's the 3 hours free parking in large letters that I have an issue with, that's 9 euros worth of parking not 3 euro. And tesco aren't giving you hour 1 and 2 free, the shopping centre are

3 hours consecutively is €3.

Expecting them to pay for non-consecutive hours is frankly ridiculous

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I do get what they are saying but it's the 3 hours free parking in large letters that I have an issue with, that's 9 euros worth of parking not 3 euro

You have read it wrong.

Its €3 for 3 hours parking. First hour costs €3.Hour 2 and 3 are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Clea

So if you stay for say 2.5 hours but do not shop in Tesco you pay 3 euro, but if you shopped in Tesco for over 30 euro all 3 hours are free?

ted1 wrote: »
    No it's 2euro fir the first three hours. Tesco are giving you the two euro
    It's not 2 euros anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Clea wrote: »
    So if you stay for say 2.5 hours but do not shop in Tesco you pay 3 euro, but if you shopped in Tesco for over 30 euro all 3 hours are free?

Yes. Exactly that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

But the ad doesn't say €9 worth of free parking, it says 3 hours free parking which is true.

Dundrum parking fee is €3 for the first hour and then the next 2 hours are free, each subsequent hour is then €3.

In order to rack up a €9 parking fee you would have to park there for 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

If you enter the car par at all it is €3!
    If you stay more than 3 hours it costs more!
    Spending €30 in Tesco will get you a discount of €3 off your parking charge.

Yes, that is why the message is slightly misleading at the first sight as Tesco covers one hour off of parking charge, since Dundrum Shopping centre gives you the 2 next hours for free, not Tesco per se...

However they 'covered that' in small print..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Yes, that is why the message is slightly misleading at the first sight as Tesco covers one hour off of parking charge, since Dundrum Shopping centre gives you the 2 next hours for free, not Tesco per se...

However they 'covered that' in small print..

But they dont claim to give you it, they just say you will get it.

It's amazing the petty things people complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would like to hear from the people who think it is misleading, how would you have worded it?

Maybe just 1 hour paid for by tesco, and then hour 2 & 3 free in small print? or also in big print?

I would think that would be more confusing at a glance, or people might not read the small print and only stay 1 hour not knowing they get the next 2 free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I bet this is to prevent people parking for 5 hours and demanding €9 because 'Tesco said they'd pay for 3 hours, but hours #2 and #3 were free anyway, so they should pay for #1, #4 ,and #5'

But they dont claim to give you it, they just say you will get it.

It's amazing the petty things people complain about
    I'm not complaining (if you had me in mind), just noting : )
    Free parking is always good however you get it as far as I am concerned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Slow forum day? How on earth has this reached a second page....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Treadhead wrote: »
    Slow forum day?
    I'm sitting in the car in dundrum twiddling my thumbs, into hour 2 now, not leaving till I get my moneys worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Come back to us in December OP when Dundrum car park charges €3 per hour for every hour.

And the biggest issue I have with tesco €3 free offer is that it used to be the case that if you used the self service bay you simply showed your receipt to the staff and they gave you the voucher.
    Now you have to approach them before you proceed with checkout....which for the less attentive/clever of us is an issue!

• Advertisement
Advertisement