Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And Finally!!

Options
  • 04-10-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

Another journey ends after three and a half years, now close on four. One group high court case on .22 pistols magazine capacity, a loss of a deposit on another pistol courtsey of AGS blamosing which caused this high court case in the first place. A change of local Super..Searching for a replacement,paperwork aplenty and waiting for German post/An post to deliver...It finally arrived today.

Say Hello to my new friend.:D
    Who says determination doesn't pay off in Ireland?That and a wonderful sense of humour to own a gun in this country are two major requirements.:rolleyes:

Now does anyone want a custom RH target grip for their Ruger mk 2 or 3About as useful to me as a ashtray on a motorbike.
    Off now to archive another case file and enjoy the chinese puzzle of stripping and assemblying a Ruger Mk 2:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Persistent you are well done. Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭freddieot

Congrats, nice piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

enjoy and remember if you cant strip it you can always get a mark 4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wadi14 wrote: »
    enjoy and remember if you cant strip it you can always get a mark 4

:D:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've moved the last two post to their own thread as it's an interesting topic and will swallow up the topic of this thread.

New thread here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Nice one Grizzly. Give it an airing this Sunday?

Maybe,it has a dedicated Right hand target grip which is zero help to me on it at the moment and I only have a single 5 round mag ,so if I am using it it ,it's just for zeroing,test firing and the craic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Congrats Griz.

I expect i'll see it in the flesh on Sunday?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Wanted to come up yesterday to compete ,but my ankle injury of 4 weeks ago said no. So decided to try it out and see if the thing even worked . This is the first group shot ever by me from my weak hand
    from this gun at 10 meters un zeroed . American Eagle .38 grains. Think it works ok!:D
    [For ref the coin is a 2 cents.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'American Eagle .38 grains' - Is that 38gr?

Nice group, Sir.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Just seeing this now, congrats Griz. Best of luck with it.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO envious.

Please shoot if for me a million times.

tac

You really need to kick that petition a lot harder in the UK to get your .22 pistols back.Even if it was just to club storage for starters. After all, if that "troubled province" still allows its citizens/subjects to own posses and in certain cases carry to defend oneself.It is a question as to why that cannot be allowed on the mainland of ERs realm . Is it a problem of too many FUDD's on our side of the arguement in the UK? Or ....? .

The first MP who stood up on the House asking for a debate on the revision of the Firearms Acts that made handguns of most kinds illegal on mainland UK would be out of a job in as much time as it took the ushers to get him out of the premises.

The reason why the province told the Westminster parliament to go p*ss up a rope was that in spite of the troubles, the use of a LEGALLY-held handguns in crime was so passing small that the figures didn't actually show up. ALL of the deaths and injuries occasioned on the people of the province since the late 1960's up until the time of the Dunblane Massacre were done by people using illegal handguns.

And no matter what other atrocities took place during that time, there was never a single incident where a person used a licensed handgun to slaughter sixteen 1st grade schoolkids and their teacher. That appalling act alone would ensure that we will never get ordinary cartridge-firing handguns back on mainland UK.

The case for self-defence handguns in the province is unique to the location, and is based on a genuine threat to the lives of those are licensed to carry and use, if necessary, a government-issued handgun to defend themselves against life-threatening attacks from those persons who are intent on keeping the pot boiling in Northern Ireland. Those ~3000 or so people are, AFAIK, the only members of the public in the entirety of Western Europe who can legally do so.

Apologies to all for touching the subject, but you DID ask me.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Another journey ends after three and a half years, now close on four. One group high court case on .22 pistols magazine capacity, a loss of a deposit on another pistol courtsey of AGS blamosing which caused this high court case in the first place. A change of local Super..Searching for a replacement,paperwork aplenty and waiting for German post/An post to deliver...It finally arrived today.

Say Hello to my new friend.:D
    Who says determination doesn't pay off in Ireland?That and a wonderful sense of humour to own a gun in this country are two major requirements.:rolleyes:

Now does anyone want a custom RH target grip for their Ruger mk 2 or 3About as useful to me as a ashtray on a motorbike.
    Off now to archive another case file and enjoy the chinese puzzle of stripping and assemblying a Ruger Mk 2:p

Call down.... well make a kydex holster for it/him/her :P

Advertisement